Lesbian Journalist Julie Bindel Says Sexual Orientation Is a Choice

In her new book Straight Expectations, Julie Bindel argues that sexual orientation is a choice.  The journalist, campaigner, and feminist also says that people believe that they are born gay because of “internalised doctrine.”

BindelIn an interview in today’s Independent, Bindel also argues that there is no biological explanation for homosexuality and that there “has to be some kind of choice, as well as some deep-rooted, embedded responses that developed through different experiences in our childhood.”

Bindel, who with her partner co-founded Justice for Women which campaigns for female victims of domestic violence, says that her arguments regarding the causes of homosexuality have been “drowned out” by obsessed scientists and by those who use the gay gene argument to provoke sympathy.

Asked how and why people would choose to be gay in countries with oppressive anti-homosexuality laws, Bindel says:

“I don’t know.  All I know is I’ve never been convinced by a scientific argument, or seen any evidence that is compelling that there is something innate about our sexuality. What I’m suggesting is, there are people who could go one way or the other and happily choose to be lesbian or gay.”

However, writing in The Independent, Patrick Strudwick says that Bindel claims that she herself did not make that choice:

“Because I needed to leave home – there was nothing there for me in Darlington – and pursue my feminist possibilities, that meant starting a new life and all that was open to me. I fell in with a crowd [in Leeds] who spoke about lesbianism as part of women’s liberation. I never chose to be attracted to women.”

Strudwick also claims that what Bindel means by sexual preference being a choice is actually making a decision “to have a gay relationship, identify as gay, come out and lead a gay life (whatever that is).”

(image via twitter)

Comments

1. says

Well, I would indeed argue that Gay is different from Homosexual. Homosexual by birth – and until death – whether one ever acknowledges it, “acts on it” or not.

Gay is elective. I elect to identify as gay, and I elected many years ago to Come Out and lead an openly-gay life.

i’ve been homosexual for as long back as i can remember. orientation is not a choice, and her own words actually reinforce that, which she doesn’t seem to understand.

i’m reminded of a line from Princess Mononoke: “you cannot change your destiny, but you can rise to meet it”

cheers to all who meet it, from a place of honesty. this sounds more like some intentional-contrarian not being too sure what she’s actually saying.

unlike Cynthia Nixon’s “i choose to be gay” comment, which was actually spot-on, nuanced and made complete sense in the context of her bisexuality.

2. says

also – it’s not about “looking for a gay gene” nor anything to do with “sympathy” – it’s just reality.

nobody would choose to be something that the world hates. were orientations a choice, the Closet would not exist. it’s that simple.

were there some socializing smoking-gun factor that “made people gay”, we’d have bloody well found it by now.

we exist, and we always have, and we always will, in every type of family and family dynamic, religion, culture, ethnic group, tribe, class, in every city in every country in every continent on the planet.

now *were* it a choice it’s a choice we should all be free to make.

and to go one step further – knowing what i know now, i would choose it. i love this life. i love being gay. i wouldn’t want to be straight; i lead a very rich life of experiences and perspectives that i treasure. good and bad.

3. Derrick from Philly says

@ Little Kiwi,

very well explained. I was trying to figure out how to resond to Julie Bindel’s view point, but I couldn’t. You did.

If you have homosexual sex (and maybe even homosexual LOVE), but you don’t want to be GAY–then, fine. Nobody’s gonna’ force you to consider yourself “GAY”.

thanks

4. Paul B. says

Sometimes I wonder if many lesbians choose to be ignorant or is it a genetic abnormality? Like gay men…you know, we’re good with color & hair…and lezzies make good lawyers…ie they like to argue & be confrontational. Or….just maybe, we’re all unique you dumb bimbo and you can only speak for yourself…if you work hard at it & stay out of my head.

5. says

When do we stop to discuss the question whether homosexuality is innate or a choice, and start acknowledging this differentiation does not matter. At least it should not in a liberal nation 😉

6. Chuck Muckle says

Why do people like this get ANY attention – as if they’re suddenly an AUTHORITY on the subject. She knows no more about it than her own personal opinion. She might as well be Pat Robertson or Ann Coulter or some other weinerhead who is given a forum on this subject just because…???!!! You fill in the blank for us, ANDY TOWLE!

7. Merv says

As we all know, feminist theoreticians are sticklers when it comes to scientific rigor. They will never claim something is true unless it’s been validated in multiple peer-reviewed double blind studies.

8. simon says

“I’ve never been convinced by a scientific argument,”
    Maybe that is her problem. She was just talking BS. She will never be convinced by evidence even if there is one.

9. Rick says

I have long been suspicious of lesbian sexuality and have been of the mind that most women who are “lesbians”, unlike most men who are homosexual–DO choose to be lesbians, out of a dislike of/distaste for men….and out of a feminist political stance that is a result of that dislike.

Gay men are not politically monolithic–roughly 40% of white gay men voted Republican in the last Presidential election, for example…..and there are a whole lot of gay men who are simply oblivious to politics altogether and can therefore be described as apolitical.

And all that makes sense, since sexual orientation and one’s views on most political issues have little to do with each other.

Find me a lesbian, on the other hand, who is NOT a feminist. I have never met one….and the likelihood that a sexual orientation would correspond almost 100% to a political ideology is practically nil, given that lesbians, like gay men, come from all kinds of family backgrounds.

And then, of course, there are the severe limitations on what two women can do with each other in bed, in the absence of a penis….which makes the attraction itself somewhat questionable.

So all that being the case, it does not surprise me that many lesbians would consider being a lesbian a choice……because for so many of them, if not all of them, it really is……when it is not for the vast majority of gay men….

10. Andy G. says

The world would be a better place (or at least my blood pressure would be lower) if we could just get our fellow LGBT people so stop saying stupid things like this that our enemies will surely use against us. Thanks, Madame Bindel, for absolutely nothing!

11. Brad says

Yes, they’re called bisexuals. It’s time for these people to start speaking About their own experiences and stop trying to generalize their own experience as if we are all the same.

12. petey says

Women can opt into faking it. It’s because they don’t need to be aroused to have sex. They see sex as an opportunity.

In contrast, men must be aroused to have sex. The evidence of their arousal is in the erection. Men also see sex as pleasure, not opportunity.

Men and women are thus totally different. Fake lesbian syndrome is common.

13. Randy says

While everyone should have the choice to “be gay”, and to act on that attraction, the fact of the matter is that it is not a choice for most people.

The biological evidence is clear enough. Twin studies show that not only is there a genetic factor, but also another in-womb factor. We don’t yet know the mechanisms, but there is no other explanation for why identical twins more likely share the same sexual orientation than fraternal twins, who are more likely than other siblings. Nobody “chooses” their genes or conditions in the womb.

Further, male birth order affects the likelihood that a person is gay, even raised separately from other siblings.

Last it is colossally arrogant for Julie to apply her own experience onto everyone else.

I had no choice. Given the environment I grew up in, it would never have even crossed my mind to be gay, much less been a choice I would have made. It’s absurd.

14. crispy says

Oh, look, she’s just like Rick… talking out of her ass and making broad generalizations based upon her own warped experience.

The critical difference, of course, is she published a book and Rick is just a troll on a website.

15. Cal says

I knew I was gay when I was around six. There was absolutely no gay person in my life or gay images. I just knew.

I’m sick of people explaining away same-sexual attraction as if it’s a choice.

16. Thedrdonna says

She’s also biphobic and transphobic. She’s a crank with outmoded or disproven beliefs, and the only reason she gets any press is because there’s a certain subset of cranks in the feminist movement who agree with her. She’s the equivalent of Robert Oscar Lopez, or the Log Cabin Republicans.

17. Arkansassy says

I’ve always had this suspicion that many lesbians are gay by choice. That they were physically or sexually abused by a man and decided to switch teams. If this is true, I don’t blame them, but I don’t think most of them knew they were a lesbian as a child as I think most gay men do.

18. Rick says

“Where did you get your 40%”

Do the math. Roughly 25% of gay people voted for Romney…..and it only stands to reason that they were just about all white, given that 98% of blacks voted for Obama and 73% of Hispanics did……Also, women went for Obama by a bigger margin than men did and because the vast majority of lesbians are feminists, it can safely be assumed that 80+% of them voted for Obama.

Which means that if the 25% of the gay vote that Romney received came almost entirely from white men, the percentage would have to be around 40% to arrive at an overall figure for “gay people” in general of about 25%…..

19. Rick says

Just ignore me, folks. Haven’t you caught on yet? I don’t have facts, and I don’t care to make any sense. I only come here every day because I need a distraction from reality: I’m a homely, unloved, insecure wimpy closeted homosexual whose family hates his guts. That’s all I am, and all I ever will be. Just ignore me.

20. anon says

“Strudwick also claims that what Bindel means by sexual preference being a choice is actually making a decision “to have a gay relationship, identify as gay, come out and lead a gay life (whatever that is).””

Oh, you mean the same choice that heterosexuals make. Whether or not to have a straight relationship and lead a stright life, right? There are straight people who choose celibacy, after all.

21. JackFknTwist says

I’m not sure I subscribe to any distinction between ‘homosexual’ and ‘gay’.
    Sounds more like a distinction without a difference.
    Or does it just mean one is out, and one is not ?

On the general topic of Julie Bindel’s notions on my sexuality, I read it all as her ramblings on a slow day….”thoughts of a dry brain in a dry season.”

She seems to say there ‘is no biological explanation’ for gay or ‘there seems to be some kind of deep-rooted embedded responses ‘ to experiences in childhood.

That’s a pretty sweeping conclusion, about the science of biology and it’s followed by the non-secquitor of there having to be some kind of responses to experiences in childhood to make/choose to be gay.

“I haven’t thought of any other explanation, science hasn’t found one, therefore homosexuality must be a choice.”
    Even my First Year Logic course tells me this is nonsense.

It never occurred to me that being gay was a choice or a product of ‘responses to experiences’…….
    I just liked boys….I didn’t choose to like boys, I just did.
    There never was any other possibility…and there was no response to any experiences.

Bindel’s musings seem to be both illogical and free from any relevance to science or the perceived experiences of millions of us.

22. Keith says

She is entitled to her opinion, but she certainly doesn’t speak for me. I knew before I even knew what being gay or homosexual meant, that I was attracted to males and not females. Unless someone could prove otherwise, I was born gay and could never, no matter how much effort someone tried, convert to heterosexualism.

23. Zlick says

Aside from being ridiculous on its face in the broad strokes, I’ve always found the choice question, or perhaps more precisely, the fluidity question very interesting. Just my personal experience leads me to many shades of gray. I’m not totally on the gay end of the “Kinsey scale,” but I identify as gay because I’m pretty darn far towards that end.

That leaves a bit of fluidity there for me. And the common fluidity of men in prison or serving on ships to find their attraction shifting or switching to other men is fascinating to me.

During my lifetime, science has come close to determining it’s all about a combination of genes, womb conditions and birth order. But once again my personal experience throws a wrinkle into it. I was raised in the most classic old-school “gay-making” family environment imaginable – and so I can’t help but believe there’s some measure of “nurture” contribution to my own sexual orientation … and thus likely that of others as well.

24. says

She’s neither articulate nor convincing in this interview; perhaps she makes a better case in her book, though perhaps not. Her findings seem based wholly on personal rather than scientific experience, yet we’re supposed to negate our own experiences to jump on board the choice train?

In fact there is evidence that sexuality is innate and immutable. There’s a reason why ex-gay therapy has never worked …

Virtually all gay men I know believe their sexuality is immutable and was formed very early on, if not at birth. (Not that we all acted on it early on–and many of us had sex with women without being bisexual.) Some women I know feel the same, some are fluid or bisexual or able to choose based on a relationship, some did choose lesbianism partly for political reasons. (I actually agree, for once, a bit with Rick, though I don’t share his misogynistic framing.) So in my personal experience, women are more fluid than men, which isn’t a good or bad thing–it just is. I know women who’ve been in a lesbian relationship, followed by a straight relationship. With men, any straight relationships were always before the gay ones. (Once gay, they didn’t go back!) But I wouldn’t pretend my personal experiences prove anything.

Personally, though I find people’s personal stories interesting and valuable and see the value in studying sexuality from various angles, I’m not particularly invested in whether there’s an actual gay gene. Just as I don’t care much about the science behind why children born to the same parents can have very different personalities, ones formed from earliest childhood.

Our rights shouldn’t depend on a gay gene (though immutability is a factor in attaining heightened scrutiny status); religion is protected, after all, and it really is a choice. But it flies in the face of history and common sense for an “authority” to suggest that basically anyone can slide at whim up and down the Kinsey scale. The homophobes like that argument, of course, though they think heterosexuality is innate but homosexuality is a choice (a “choice” more than a few of them are making in bathroom stalls).

25. CPT_Doom says

The only way one can claim there is no biological explanation for homosexuality simply hasn’t been looking at the available data, which demonstrate no known linkage between family background and sexuality, but a pronounced physical linkage between homosexuality and a whole host of other traits (e.g., left-handedness – we’re 3X as likely as straights to be lefties). They are also ignoring the biological facts on sex and sexual development in utero.

If sexuality is a choice, where does that leave intersex people?

26. JackFknTwist says

@ KEITH :
    It was the school yard; I was four, so was he.
    I knew.
    I had no idea what I knew, but I knew.
    I can still see him.
    What choice ?
    Kinsey ?
    100%

[ a memory from Jack Fkn Twist.]

27. simon says

Rick:
    You made so many dubious assumptions, you can make it 100% easily. Just take a survey on the comments here during election year. I would say it is less than 22%. “Rick” seems to be the only Repug in this forum.

28. IWorkItSoGood says

I think you all slayed this self-loathing malcontent pretty well.

I have just one thing I’d like to add:
    I wonder who funded/funds her. [Focus on the ‘Family’], the [‘Family’ ‘Research’ Council], the [World Congress of ‘Families’]? Which one or ones I wonder. Or which individuals.

Her work is pure s***. It’s pandering to an anti-gay crowd who’s happy for anyone to proclaim themselves an expert on homosexuality and speak so long as said expert(s) spew the same anti-gay memes they hold SO DEAR. ‘Oh here’s ANOTHER book saying homosexuality is a choice! Now stop being gay if you want to be treated like a human being!’ – That’s what this book is for.

29. Paul R says

So she’s both an idiot (her unfounded, unconvincing, inconsistent views) and a genius (she’ll be inundated with interview requests, her book will sell more, she can be used as a paid puppet by all sorts of causes). But in the end, she’s hardly worth considering.

I’m glad to be gay. As with Kiwi and most other, my life has been far more interesting as a result. And while I’m obviously aware that gays can be very happily married and have kids (it’s a choice), I’m also very glad not to have anyone expect it of me. My straight brothers and male friends, especially those with kids, don’t even try to hide their jealousy over the “lifestyle” I can lead by being gay. Hell, the financial freedom alone that comes from not having kids is fantastic. My friends love their kids (mostly), but having four brothers and seeing the toll it took on my parents hardly convinced me that parenting is something I’m missing out on or will regret not doing.

30. Rick says

“Just take a survey on the comments here during election year”

The proprietor of this blog makes no secret of his left-wing politics, so naturally the comments he will be skewed in that direction.

The numbers, on the other hand, don’t lie–if you want to quibble over 22% vs. 25%, go ahead–it would make little difference in my calculation…..and if anything, I suspect that the 25% is an UNDER-estimate, given that many more conservative gay people would not identify as such to a pollster, for various reasons. So the real figure is, in all likelihood, over 40%

31. Rick says

When I was a little boy I used to stick tampons up my bum because it made me feel like a real live girl. I hate women because I can’t be one. And I hate openly gay men because I can’t be one, or ever get one.
    Basically if this site didn’t allow me to come here every day and type my nonsense, I’d kill myself. Would I be missed? No. Not by anyone.

32. simon says

Rick:
    Change the number to anything you want. It won’t make it more true. Also your 40% white male estimate makes no sense. Why you need to isolate out a group? A white vote carries the same weight as any other vote. You can discount the votes of the “other” in your head. The final result is Obama was still elected. Even the 100% gay white votes in your head changed nothing.

33. Rick says

Shut up, Simon. I’m not actually here to make sense, I’m here to distract myself from life. Do you have *any* idea how much my family was ashamed of me? Do you have any idea how hard it is being a man who is now past “middle aged” who hasn’t a single positive thing in his life to be proud of? I’m in my fifties, and I’m still closeted, i’ve never had a boyfriend, and no amount of hating liberals ever made my father proud of me. So just shut up with your facts and let me rant. It’s literally the only thing keeping me alive. Aren’t you liberals supposed to care?

34. Rick says

“It’s pandering to an anti-gay crowd”

Right, because, as we all know, feminists tend to run in right-wing, anti-gay circles, right?

Why don’t some of you just chill out and recognize for once in your lives that lesbians and gay men have very little in common with each other in terms of sexuality…..or anything else, for that matter?

This is why the construct of “LGBT” is such nonsense.

Lesbians have a totally different sensibility from gay men, partly related to gender differences, but partly due to the fact that female sexuality and male sexuality are two totally different animals.

The only reason there is an “alliance” between gay men and lesbians is because society tends to frown on both male and female homosexuality and public policy therefore effects both gay men and lesbians the same way….so there is a common enemy.

Beyond that, however, there is little to hold the two groups together, so stop trying to force a square peg into a round hole and becoming angry when it does not fit. This woman is talking about her experience as a LESBIAN and probably about the experiences of her peer group (i.e. LESBIANS)…and her assessment for lesbians–that being gay is a choice is probably a correct one…..

She should not generalize it to gay men, because she has no experience of being male and is therefore completely incapable of understanding either male sexuality or the concept of masculinity or how any of that effects one.

35. Rick says

Then again, I have no experience being “actively gay”, as the extent of my contact with other gay males is via anonymous comments on the internet.

Can someone describe what it’s like to kiss a guy to me? I’ve never really experienced it. Well, I used to kiss my aforementioned grandfather while he slept, but he never had his teeth in and it was always just rather gummy and wet.

Still, to this day, the smell of polident turns me on like nothing else.

36. Alexander says

Whenever anybody specifically straight people ask me if i think i’m born that way. i believe the best answer since not one person has the answer is a resounding. I DON”T KNOW. ^_^ I love my husband though. so I DON”T CARE. ^_^

37. Anirban (aka Abner) Bhattacharya says

Even if orientation doesn’t change, it’s best for gays/lesbians to be celibate just as it’s best for a person with tobacco orientation not to smoke. Behavior including sexual behavior can be learned. Ted W. Lieu who sponsored the California law is against therapy for gays and lesbians who want to be straight as California law banned it for minors. Ted W. Lieu is apologist for sex changes and Ted W. Lieu sees nothing wrong with giving a kid hormones to make them fake opposite sex members. Transexuals (mutilated gays and lesbians) have antisocial personalities because the hormone shots and hormone pills damage mind.

Never have I heard straights blame childhood sex abuse for reasons a man has sex with a woman and fathers children with her. Yet sometimes have heard gays and lesbians say childhood sex abuse is reason they do same sex behaviors.Those denying link between childhood sex abuse and adult gay/lesbian behaviors are usually gay, lesbian or a sympathizer. Sex abuse in youth can cause people to behave in ways. It’s not controversial to talk of nightmares, suicides, bed wetting often a result of sex abuse in youth. Yet when 1 talks gay/lesbian behaviors in adulthood because they learned this sexual behavior by being repeatedly molested, then gays with politically safe psychologists complain. The politically correct psychologists who deny this know it’s possible for a boy to turn out gay as a result of childhood sex abuse, yet deny what they know is true. Of course, not all who are sexually abused in youth become gay in adulthood-but the risk is higher.

With homosexuality, lesbianism /tobacco use, it’s best for people to not do gay/lesbian conduct just as it’s best for people to not use tobacco.You didn’t say anything I haven’t already thought about. I guess I must be a bigot against tobacco users because I see something wrong with tobacco use.

People distrust mainstream psychologists or mental health ‘professionals’ on homosexuality is because-1. They arrogantly say they’re mental health professionals as though what they say is infallible. 2. They have pro-homosexual biases and are dishonest. Psychology since 1973 in the USA usually has a pro-homosexual bias and not trustworthy. If a psychologist says truth which offends homosexual groups, then it gets condemned by homosexual groups.

If you are going to condemn therapy for homosexuals and lesbians who want to change to heterosexuality then you may as well condemn therapy for drug/drinking problems because such therapy often fails and high relapses. Is it possible for a homosexual or lesbian to change sexual behavior and sexual orientation to heterosexuality? There are gays and lesbians who sincerely believe they changed to heterosexuality and without contrary proof only they know. Saying 1 does not know and that they will not conclude until they are convinced is Okay. The right thing to do is to hope they are right in their belief and that they did change to heterosexuality. However, It is arrogant for psychologists or mental health ‘professionals’ to think they know and condemn by saying they did not change to heterosexuality. It would be rude for a psychologist to condemn an alcoholic who thinks he or she sincerely recovered, yet here people are condemned for saying they believes they recovered from homosexuality. Repair therapy for gays and lesbians who want to be straight must be available just as repair therapy must be available for a drug junky who wants to become clean.

Homofobia is telling truths, theories and speculations which offend homosexual groups. While they have not conclusively proven homosexuality/lesbianism is inborn genes, homosexual groups often use this theory as definite by saying how they are born this way-which possibly can be the case for some but more studies are needed. But when facts are raised about the link between childhood sex abuse and a kid doing homosexual and lesbian activities in adutlhood, homosexual groups often get offended, condemn it as homofobia, sex change maimings which is mutilating some1 to make them fake members of opposite sex is comparable to trying to make a man a fake animal because he thinks he is an animal trapped in a human body. Any facts which show homosexuality/lesbianism to be bad and put negative views on this is condemned. Yes, the theory between a woman smoking during pregnancy and the unborn baby doing homosexual/lesbian conduct in adulthood is not proven and replicated or repeat studies must be done. But the main reason homosexual and lesbian groups are offended by this is theory is because it puts homosexuality negatively by suggesting it is the result of something bad-smoking.

38. David says

The logic being used here, as least as described in this article, is very poor. She is trying to force proofs of a negative and is without concern for causation.

“(There) has to be some kind of choice, as well as some deep-rooted, embedded responses that developed through different experiences in our childhood.” Why, exactly? Do we need choice to feel thirst or hunger?

“I don’t know. All I know is I’ve never been convinced by a scientific argument, or seen any evidence that is compelling that there is something innate about our sexuality. What I’m suggesting is, there are people who could go one way or the other and happily choose to be lesbian or gay.” What compelling evidence would satisfy you? The fact that there are people who can choose to be gay and do so is anecdotal at best.

If she’s suggesting that, for some people, it is easier to live their lives as honest, open people, then for others, she’s absolutely correct, though I doubt that’s where she’s going.

39. Anirban (aka Abner) Bhattacharya says

study which though needs to be replicated links smoking to homosexuality in adulthood http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10582504/Smoking-increases-chances-of-child-being-homosexual-in-adulthood.html

In 2011, I had suggested the link between a woman smoking during pregnancy and the increased risk of the baby turning out homosexual, Transexuals (mutilated homosexuals/lesbians) in adulthood, so this study is nothing new. Smoking during pregnancy is bad for health. Yes, there needs to be replicated or repeat studies but it wouldn’t surprise me. If 1 is exposed to other air and H2O pollutants in addition to smoking during pregnancy then that could cause deformities including possibly homosexuality. But yes, more studies need to be done to replicate this but it wouldn’t surprise if indeed it’s true. If a woman smokes while pregnant, that incr. risk of baby being deformed by the drugs and sexual deformity where a kid does homosexual/lesbian conduct in adulthood is possible.

If homosexuality is inborn, then it would be a birth defect. They have higher rates of smoking during pregnancy and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome on reservations so it would be a study to find out links between American Indian women smoking during pregnancy and a baby turning out homosexual or lesbian in adulthood.We know that childhood sex abuse raises risk of a kid doing homosexual/lesbian conduct in adulthood. If homosexuality is inborn, then it would be a birth defect. They have higher rates of smoking during pregnancy and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome on reservations so it would be a study to find out links between American Indian women smoking during pregnancy and a baby turning out homosexual or lesbian in adulthood.

Since homosexuals and lesbians (transexuals) often suffered childhood sex abuse, it’s no surprise that homosexuals and lesbians think childhood sexual abuse is OK when it’s homosexual activities. All homosexual pedofiles are homosexuals. All transexuals are homosexual/lesbian as the act of mutilating to become false opposite sex is itself an act of homosexuality/lesbianism-sad maiming and make this illegal. There is something wrong with a man thinking he is a woman or a woman thinking she is a man. It is mutilation with dangerous hormones. Most transexuals were sexually abused in childhood which messed up their minds. I’m against sex changes for same reason as oppose trying to make a White person Black or viceversa because they think theyre another race, it doesn’t take an expert to know that hormone shots + the maiming surgery damages body. If they knew how to change skin color, they would be making justifications for changing color of people who think they are of other race as they now do for sex changes. Transexuals have antisocial personalities because the hormone shots and hormone pills damage mind. The lifetime of hormone shots and pills are linked to cancer. 1 would hope that feminists would oppose the mutilation, yet most feminists are not condemning genital and breast mutilation as what happened to Chastity Sun Bono where her healthy breasts were mutilated, dangerous hormone shots and genitals mutilated.

homosexual groups got offended when columnist Patrick J. Buchanan condemned gay priests. What those priests did when they molest young boys is homosexuality. NC Register in a past link called it homosexual pedofilia among the priests. Yes, this is repeating but it must again be said that if a person has same sex conduct with young boys and girls then they are homosexual and lesbian pedofiles because again, it’s the same sex conduct which defines. Asking me again will get you the same answer.

40. Frankie says

Only f*ckling choice I ever had in the matter was weather or not to admit it.

The rest is all bull$hit, and I don’t give a crap what some stupid bisexual bulldyke has to say about it.

41. Anon says

@”RICK” & “ANIRBAN”

Just a reminder

@ RICK’s satirist. While I’m sure we all enjoy what you do at some point or another, please be more careful not to denigrate more people than your target. This quote “…as the extent of my contact with other gay males is via anonymous comments on the internet.” DOES apply to me, but that doesn’t mean I’m some anti-gay troll. It makes me think you think that the only good gays are gays well established in offline social circles; not an option for me. Thanks in advance…

42. Jonathan says

Feminist=nutcase. If someone is a self-identified feminist then they should be forbidden from talking or writing anything. . . . ever.

43. Anirban (aka Abner) Bhattacharya says

see this video done by an honest homosexual man

Yet when 1 talks gay/lesbian behaviors in adulthood because they learned this sexual behavior by being repeatedly molested, then gays with politically safe psychologists complain. The politically correct psychologists who deny this know it’s possible for a boy to turn out gay as a result of childhood sex abuse, yet deny what they know is true. Of course, not all who are sexually abused in youth become gay in adulthood-but the risk is higher. Any conduct can be learned and this includes sexual conduct.
    Many gays and lesbians who commit suicide do so because they often were childhood sex abuse victims and many have other copathologies such as antisocial conduct, drugs, etc.

See this column by Peter J. LaBarbera (Americans for Truth About Homosexuality) on Gerald Arthur (Jerry) Sandusky below:

CHICAGO—The discovery that former Penn State University defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky has been molesting boys as young as 10 years old – has shocked America. Peter J. LaBarbera, president of Americans For Truth About Homosexuality (AFTAH), said the scandal exposes the continuing problem of homosexual predators in society. He offers the following observations related to the PSU scandal:

Many openly homosexual (“gay”) men, like CNN anchor Don Lemon, were molested as boys or experienced abnormally early sexualization. Yet many of these same men do NOT see their boyhood victimization at the hands of homosexual male predators as causing their homosexuality. (This is due partly to the success of the modern “gay” movement that falsely ascribes “gayness” to a person’s (innate) identity, and emphasizes the ambiguous notion of “sexual orientation” as opposed to behavior that is sinful, destructive and changeable.) Thus, how many boy victims of homosexual predator Sandusky will end up believing that being homosexual (“gay”) is “who they are”? How many will struggle with sexual identity issues? And how many will be told by LGBT advocates and liberal-minded people just to “accept being gay” as “who they are” because they were “born that way”?

Because the media and academia have largely become apologists for the modern homosexualist movement, they downplay or ignore obvious causative factors in the formation of “gay” identity – including pederastic molestation. CNN’s Lemon is a case in point: he is now an “out gay” celebrity, yet few question the absurdity of him not associating the molestation of his youth with his later embrace of homosexuality as a positive identity. There IS a long history connecting homosexuality to pederasty, and a disproportionate link between homosexuality and pedophilia: why else would so many child molestation victims be boys when only 1-3 percent of the population is homosexual? Since cases of women molesting boys remain rare, if homosexuality were not such a strong factor, nearly all of pedophile victims should be girls, which is far from the case. Sandusky is married but obviously has a homosexuality (perversion) problem. Yet pro-“gay” liberals will deny any linkage between homosexuality and Sandusky’s rape/seduction of boys. In fact, after news of the Penn State scandal came to light, “gay” activists stressed that Sandusky is married and that most pedophile cases involve “straight, married men.” However, behavior is what matters – not a person’s marital status or self-described “sexual orientation.” Sandusky was married but was he really “straight” (sexually or morally)? Some inner demons or life traumas – probably in his own youth – caused him to lust for boys, wrecking untold misery in the lives of his victims. Behavior is the issue, and this was a case of a serial homosexual predator raping boys.

44. JJ says

Her argument is: I don’t know, therefore I know. This is the Argument from Ignorance fallacy. She’s citing a _lack_ of knowledge as the _source_ of her knowledge. Science hasn’t yet explained why some people are gay, therefore my pet theory is the reason.

I do think she makes a good case that intelligent people can choose to be intelligent, or they can choose to be stupid, but stupid people can’t choose to be intelligent.

45. KJ says

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but this is one of the craziest things that I have every heard. At age 4, I remember being attracted to girls and nothing traumatic had happened to me prior. I didn’t choose to feel that way at such a young age! If there’s no genetic component, why are there so many parents and their children (my dad is gay and so am I) or siblings (I knew a gay guy with 3 gay brothers) that are gay?

46. Anirban (aka Abner) Bhattacharya says

Homofobia is telling truths, theories and speculations which offend homosexual groups. Yes, it should also be the right of homosexuals and lesbians not to go into repair therapy just as I support right of tobacco users not to have repair therapy to quit smoking and I support right of any lucid person to refuse medical care such as if a lucid person’s a heart attack victim and does not want open heart surgery, then it should be their right to refuse this. Yes, proof burden is on repair therapists, but if you aren’t going to have repair therapy for homsexuality/lesbianism, then you may as well not have repair therapy for drug junkyism or drunkardism, because such therapy often fails and high relapses. Is it possible for a homosexual or lesbian to change sexual behavior and sexual orientation to heterosexuality? There are gays and lesbians who sincerely believe they changed to heterosexuality and without contrary proof only they know.

If homosexual/lesbian conduct and tobacco use were to disappear eventually, then it’s fine with me and I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.With gay/lesbian conduct by adults, while I don’t believe in making it a crime by consenting adults, I do believe it’s best to find a cure for homosexual/lesbian conduct just as it’s best to find cure for tobacco use-also a legal product. If homosexual/lesbian conduct and tobacco use were to disappear eventually, then it’s fine with me and I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. If a nation wants to make homosexual behavior a crime as it is in Uganda, then that is their nation, their laws. I believe in abolishing sex change mutilations. I believe they should make it a crime to do sex change mutilations.

47. jarago says

Gay desire is not a choice- we either act on it or not-women tend to be a lot more flexible in their sexuality than men-I agree that some women turn lesbian because they hate men not because they crave pussy.

48. Anirban (aka Abner) Bhattacharya says

Now thank you anon because I am not homosexual and do not want to get AIDS from you. Heros for homosexuals are cowards who molest children. My guess is that Anon molests children as Harvey B. Milk did.

Most gay bashings are men reacting to crimes which the homosexual first did such as after a homosexual committed indecent exposure, assault & battery or other crime. Homosexuals often target teenage boys because they think the teenage boys are easy targets to sexually abuse and some of the teenage boys fight back. With gay bashing cases, I have found that gays often harass & or commit assault/battery on teenage boys to men in early 20s & the men react by bashing the gay. Most men and boys who are victims of gays usu. won’t call cops to report that a gay is committing indecent exposure, harassment or in worst cases molestation until some1 reacts violently and bashes the gay.

If a defense lawyer in a gay bashing case wants to raise a crime the gay did such as harassment, indecent exposure, etc. before man reacted violently, then that must be regarded in deciding verdict. I would rather have a case where a jury decides if a man’s reaction to bashing or killing a homosexual is justified or excess vs. the man doesn’t do enough and the gay does something worse to him or the next man and you do not always know what the homosexual did to others before you. Again, if defense lawyer wants to bring up criminal conduct the homosexual did-harassment, indecent exposure, assault and battery, etc. before man reacted violently, then homosexual’s antisocial conduct must be regarded by jury in deciding verdict. A jury can acquit or if they convict, they can convict a person on lesser charge. Again I would rather have too much done than not enough in that I would rather have a case where a jury decides if a man’s reaction to bashing or killing a homosexual is justified or excess vs. the man doesn’t do enough and the gay does something worse. Most gay bashings are men reacting to crimes which the homosexual first did such as after a homosexual committed indecent exposure, assault & battery or other crime.

49. says

The one word answer to both Bindel and Anirban is “hypothalamus.” Read the Wiki article for more. It explains, inter alia, why Bindel loves the smell of female pussy as much as str8 guys do while str8 women and gay men like me are unaffected by it.

50. Anon says

@ANIRBAN, you are Machiavellian, narcissistic, sadistic, and a psychopath. And on this page, you’re nothing but a nuisance.
    May your demons always get the better of you in your personal life.

51. Anirban (aka Abner) Bhattacharya says

@ Anon-you are a coward who talks big behind computer screen. I know that what I say offends, but just as I support your free speech right to give your view, I will give my view whether others like or dislike my view-you have a right to give your views but you are not going to tell me what to do.

Homosexual/lesbian conduct is bad for health as smoking is and needs to be marginalized like smoking. They must abolish sex change maimings. link between childhood sex abuse and adult homosexuality/lesbianism is old science and nothing new. It doesn’t take an expert to know that sex abuse in youth can mess up the mind and cause people to behave in ways they normally wouldn’t.

With ‘homophobic’, homophobia is telling truths which offend homosexual groups. With what mental health experts say on homosexuality, Mainstream psychology/medicine is not to be trusted on gay/lesbian topic and too many people accept what is said w/o challenging or having doubts. You can pay experts to say things which agree with gay/lesbian agenda and that is has happened with psychology/medicine since 1973-experts can say things to support gay agenda or any agenda. Truth with homosexuality is any ideas, speculations and truths which offend homosexual groups is condemned as homophobia as there’s alot of ideology on this. With repair therapy for homosexuals/lesbians. Repair therapy for gays and lesbians who want to be straight must be available just as repair therapy must be available for a drug junky who wants to become clean. Yes, proof burden is on repair therapists, but if you aren’t going to have repair therapy for homsexuality/lesbianism, then you may as well not have repair therapy for drug junkyism or drunkardism, because it often fails.

Finally, sex change maimings which is mutilating some1 to make them fake members of opposite sex is comparable to trying to make a man a fake animal because he thinks he is an animal trapped in a human body. Most feminists are not speaking against this. 1 would hope that feminists would oppose the mutilation that happened to Chastity Sun Bono as feminists have spoken against Female Genital Mutilation which happens in some nations. Transexuals are mutilations which no Dr. should take part in, yet most feminists are not condemning this female genital and breast mutilation as what happened to Chastity S. Bono where her healthy breasts were mutilated, dangerous hormone shots and her genitals mutilated.

52. Anon says

@ANIRBAN. You are a coward who talks big behind a computer screen.

Go on, stay here. I changed my mind. You can’t do any real damage here; not even with your anti-gay propaganda. The more time you spend here on this pro-gay blog, the less time you’re engaged with the real world, and the less time you’re spending time with your ilk.

But I meant my curse on you. From hub to hub, from me to you, wherever you are. May your demons eat you.

53. Anirban (aka Abner) Bhattacharya says

Anon-let me say that I have had the courage to ask Boxer Mike G. Tyson about bite fight to HIS face. Happened Tuesday, Jan 5, 1999 when I lived in Arizona & he came to my then workplace. I asked him by Freudian slip if the gold filling was tooth he bit Evander Holyfield with. Mike Tyson got irritated & called me profanity but he was nice enough when I asked him who his next fight would be and he said Francois Botha. I asked him if he was from France and he answered ‘no South Africa but that’s a good guess.’

But Anon & I do hope you can stop being mean to me and just discuss topic. most mainstream psychologists are pro-gay ideologues on the homosexual topic where bias meddles with any facts which differ with the pro-gay ideology & has been that way since 1973. Main ideas of science and math are always the same (such as freezing temperature is 32 Degrees Fahrenheit, 2+2=4) and with main ideas of science, unless new information is found which changes prior conclusion (such as in 1950s when they found a whale is a mammal not a fish as scientists first thought), the main ideas of science stay the same. I do not believe mainstream science/psychology in the 1960s to early 70s discovered anything new to change long held conclusions on homosexuality when they removed homosexuality from DSM in 1973. They have as said since 1973 become ideological on gay/lesbian topic. I don’t deny possibility homosexuality could be genetic or inborn for some but that is unproven. Even if it’s true that homosexuality is inborn for some people, homosexual/lesbian conduct would still be bad for health.

Homosexual/lesbian conduct is bad for health as smoking is and needs to be marginalized like smoking is. People who engage in homosexual/lesbian conduct have more medical problems caused by homosexual/lesbian conduct. I believe the negative views of homosexual/lesbian conduct is the right view because there is something wrong with homosexual/lesbian conduct and again, they must make it a crime to do sex changes. I know my view offends homosexuals, but most smokers do not get offended by negative views of tobacco use. So homosexuals/lesbians have to hear others give negative views of their sex lives, because there is something wrong with this just as there’s something wrong with smoking.

Again with repair therapy for homosexuality, that should be there for homosexuals/lesbians who want to change to straight. Whether it works or not, that has to be something they find for themselves. Yes, it should also be the right of homosexuals and lesbians not to go into repair therapy just as I support right of tobacco users not to have repair therapy to quit smoking and I support right of any lucid person to refuse medical care such as if a lucid person’s a heart attack victim and does not want open heart surgery, then it should be their right to refuse this.Yes, proof burden is on repair therapists, but if you aren’t going to have repair therapy for homsexuality/lesbianism, then you may as well not have repair therapy for drug junkyism or drunkardism, because such therapy often fails and high relapses.

54. petey says

Women’s attitude to sex is based on opportunity. They are not particularly attracted to it in the way men are but they will opt into it if there’s a reward.

If they are rewarded for it, women will pretend.

55. TROLL PATROL says

Where did the crazies come from all of a sudden? Looks like a thread hijacking to me.
    It’s like a bunch of information terrorists.

ANIRBAN “ABNER” is frightening. Copy and pasted mind garbage. Twisted pseudo-scientific misinformation designed to confuse people who are ignorant.

Message to Abner:
    I don’t think you’ll get much traction around here in spite of trolls like Rick. I don’t think even Rick would support you.

One thing is clear. You have a problem. Your obsession with homosexuality is obvious and clearly is a central part of your life. Honestly I bet you spend more time thinking about homosexuality than I do, and I have slept next to the same man every night for the last 16 years. My sexual orientation is not a central part of my life except when people like you make it be. If you have spent your life “fighting” homosexuality, then you have let it consume your life, and that my friend is the true sin. Spend your life being a better person, and stop trying to “fix” other people. You are not God and you don’t speak with God’s words.

56. Anirban (aka Abner) Bhattacharya says

Troll Patrol-I read your reply. @least you’re being nice to me and not being mean like Anon is. You differ with me and I know Troll Patrol that what I say here offends pro-homosexual people but that is what I think.

I copy/paste what I have said about homosexuality on other forums because this topic has been discussed so many times and asking/saying the same things will get you the same answer. I used to be neutral on homosexuality but in 2005 changed my view . I don’t care that the American Medical Association says that homosexual/lesbian activities isn’t a disease-go ahead & cure it. 33% of gays report homosexual rape in youth. Why people take part in gay/lesbian activities is the same as why people get heart disease. Some people take part in gay/lesbian activities because maybe it’s because of biological defect such as hormones or if it’s genes a birth defect. Then some people take part in gay/lesbian activities because of childhood sex abuse reaction. It doesn’t take an expert to know that sex abuse esp. homosexual rape in youth can mess up the mind. There are people who take part in gay activities in adulthood due to reaction from homosexual rapes in youth. I’ve heard some gays & lesbians say that they think sex abuse in youth is a reason why they take part in gay/lesbian activities & it’s hard to know how sex abuse impacted mind. The politically correct psychologists who deny this know it’s possible for a boy to turn out gay as a result of childhood sex abuse, yet deny what they know is true. Of course, not all who are sexually abused in youth become gay in adulthood-but the risk is higher. Any conduct can be learned and this includes sexual conduct.You can rerun again & again that homosexuality isn’t a disease, but again, I say go ahead & cure it. Unsure what else we can say because we’ll mainly repeat what we’ve said so many times already on this topic.

57. EchtKultig says

Anirban, you’re full of cr-p. If there’s any connection between childhood sexual abuse and later becoming gay, it’s for reasons other than the abuse causing the homosexuality. (yes, your puny brain will struggle with that, so I’ll help. It’s possible, for example, that – since most childhood sexual and physical abuse is from parents – that closeted parents abuse their children more than non-closeted, happily heterosexual parents. Homosexuality obviously has an element of heritability, and these closet case abusers would be more likely to have gay or lesbian children.) Lawrence Lessig wrote an incredibly fascinating and disturbing expose about how he and a male abuser were, in his words IIRC, “screwing like rabbits” when he was a young teen and at an exclusive prep school in the northeast. He actually said that on some level he enjoyed the attention. However, he is now a normal, happy, heterosexual man. The problem is, MANY others in his situation would NOT have the guts to admit these things. Frankly, given the epidemic rates of Catholic priest sex abuse, you’d expect there to be a lot more gay people if childhood abuse actually caused people to become gay. I’d bet the majority of victims identify as straight. Most gay people I know were not abused as youth including myself; one had sex at 14 with an older man (at his church – not surprising!) but admits he initiated it.

58. EchtKultig says

The other obvious counterexample being various cultures, ancient and primative, where some form of male-male sexual contact we’d recognize as inappropriate was part of some youth initiation. Well, guess what, these practices didn’t make these cultures suddenly vanish because everyone turned gay. Since most people are born straight and stay that way.

59. Tarc says

I’m not sure why this even rates the press… the science has been done, we know the answer for humans. Just because some ig twit doesn’t know this and wants to air her lack of education isn’t newsworthy. It’s just not.

60. simon says

“freezing temperature is 32 Degrees Fahrenheit?”
    Not totally wrong. But without context.
    Even if you are talking about water, it is not always true. You understand why people put salt on roads in winter? Judging from your word salad, logic and science probably are not your friends.

61. simon says

This Aniban tried to show off his scientific knowledge accidentally exposed his ignorance about it. Not that it invalidates his other arguments, at least it will make them suspects.
    The worst thing you can pick as an example of science is the “freezing temperature”. It is not an universal constant. It depends on many factors. Even if it is pure water, it depends on the pressure. It is not 32 F on Mars. It is totally different in outer space.

62. Brandon H says

She’s trying to resuscitate the social-constructionism queer theorists (also known as people who’s head is so far up their asses its coming out of their mouth again) tried to ram down our throats in the late 90’s.

She doesn’t have a way to back up her claims anymore than biological determinists do. In fact, less so with recent science.

This seems to happen a lot with lesbian feminists and radical queer types. They assume their experiences in fluid sexuality should be universal and they won’t even entertain the idea of differences between male and female sexuality. Sexual fluidity is much more common with women, and from personal experience male sexuality is something extremely innate and fixed.

63. Anirban (aka Abner) Bhattacharya says

Repair therapy for gays and lesbians who want to be straight must be available just as repair therapy must be available for a drug junky who wants to become clean. For a therapy to have best chance of success, the patient has to want it. If a person goes into therapy because he or she is pressured by peers into this, they are usu. not going to last long because they don’t sincerely want it. If a kid is a junky and he or she doesn’t want therapy to quit drugs, then it’s usu. going to fail because they don’t want it. You can not force a person into therapy minus a court order and even if you do, if they don’t sincerely want it, it’s not going to work.

With with nature argument, stealing and killing are also found among animals. Using animals as a guide to how people should behave is a bad idea. Cannibalism is also found among animals. Homosexual/lesbian conduct is bad for health as smoking is and needs to be marginalized like smoking is. Gays and lesbians are a group based on behavior. They must abolish sex change maimings. People who engage in homosexual/lesbian conduct have more medical problems caused by homosexual/lesbian conduct. I believe the negative views of homosexual/lesbian conduct is the right view because there is something wrong with homosexual/lesbian conduct and again, they must make it a crime to do sex changes.

64. Socrates says

Clearly, Julie Bindel hasn’t actually read the science behind sexual orientation. It’s quite rich and complicated, and presented clearly in the book GAY, STRAIGHT & THE REASON WHY. Homosexuality is just one part of a package of traits. How, I wonder, would Bindel explain why gay women’s brains rotate images closer to the way straight men do it? How does she explain why newborn boys who will grow up gay, stare at faces rather than objects, like infant girls who will grow up straight? And can she explain why the ratio of lesbians’ index fingers to their other fingers is closer to straight men’s than straight women’s? It’s all in the science. People shouldn’t voice opinions (really biases) without reviewing the facts.

65. says

So she claims that being gay is a choice, then says that she didn’t choose to be a lesbian.

WTF?

That’s some GOP logic right there. I won’t be surprised if by this time next year she’s joined an ex-gay movement and goes around condemning gays to Hell.

66. says

By telling us upfront that she has never been convinced by scientific arguments Ms Bindel indicates she has chosen to remain ignorant. So, at least she is consistent as her ideas are ignorant of such troubling details as facts or logic.

67. Anirban (aka Abner) Bhattacharya says

& hello to you KZ. It’s good to know KZ that you know my other 2 IDs I have used. I am glad to know KZ that you have seen my posts in Laramie Boomerang and other sites. You know how I irritated people @ AATP. Now to this topic.

It depends on your definition. statement 97% of pedophiles are straight. 97% # is wrong because it defines a person who has same sex behaviors as straight. Again, if 1 does not define a person who has same sex relations with a young boy as gay, then they call him straight or something else. The priests who molest young boys are gay pedophiles. If a man has sex with little girls only, then he is a straight pedophile. Rush H. Limbaugh’s right when he said Jerry A. Sandusky is gay-and columnist Patrick J. Buchanan condemns who he calls gay priests. Those priests are again gay pedophiles, pederasts or homolesters. So there are many homosexual pedophiles such as the gay priests, Jerry A. Sandusky. Though it’s repeat it must be said again. A person is homosexual or lesbian if they knowingly and willing do same sex behaviors. If a person has homosexual activities with a young boy, then they are a homosexual pedofile. Jerry A. Sandusky is a homosexual pedofile-even if J.A. Sandusky calls himself straight, he would still be gay by behavior definition. But homosexual groups say that he is not gay when his conduct defines him as such.

Again, it’s sexual conduct or behavior which defines if 1 is straight or homosexual. Even if a person has had opposite sex relations, if they knowingly and willing do homosexual behavior, then they’re homosexuals and lesbians. Just because a person has in past had sex with women, if they have sex with young boys then they are homosexual pedofiles and most regard themselves as homosexual but even for those who call themselves straight their conduct doesn’t change the truth they are homosexual pedofiles. Since homosexuals and lesbians (transexuals) often suffered childhood sex abuse, it’s no surprise that homosexuals and lesbians think childhood sexual abuse is OK when it’s homosexual activities. All homosexual pedofiles are homosexuals but not all homosexuals are homosexual pedofiles. All transexuals are homosexual/lesbian as the act of mutilating to become false opposite sex is itself an act of homosexuality/lesbianism-sad maiming and make this illegal. They must abolish sex change maimings. People who engage in homosexual/lesbian conduct have more medical problems caused by homosexual/lesbian conduct. I believe the negative views of homosexual/lesbian conduct is the right view because there is something wrong with homosexual/lesbian conduct and again, they must make it a crime to do sex changes. homosexual groups got offended when columnist Patrick J. Buchanan condemned who he called gay priests. What those priests did when they molest young boys is homosexuality.

68. Squirt says

The actor Cynthia Nixon has said that she chose to be a lesbian, and while I don’t think that I chose to be gay, if she says she chose, who am I to disagree with her? The important thing is that it’s not a bad choice, it shouldn’t matter how we got here, by choice or by nature. It doesn’t help our cause to say, I can’t help being gay, I was born that way. That leaves too much wiggle room for the people who wish they could “fix” us. Better to say however I became gay, I am gay and it is a 100% valid way to live.

69. jjose712 says

What an ignorant privileged idiot.

That argument is beyond stupid when here are people who are killed for being gay. Maybe in a first world country you can “chose” to be gay, but why someone “chose” to be gay if that’s a death sentence for him/her

70. Anirban (aka Abner) Bhattacharya says

Crispy,the right answer is B. With A-sell I do speak 3 languages-Spanish (Castilian). Yes, I do copy/paste what I wrote on other websites but that is what I wrote and then I copy/paste because you know this topic repeats.

JJose712-If a defense lawyer in a gay bashing case wants to raise a crime the gay did such as harassment, indecent exposure, stalking, etc. before man reacted violently, then that must be regarded in deciding verdict. I would rather have a case where a jury decides if a man’s reaction to bashing or killing a homosexual is justified or excess vs. the man doesn’t do enough and the gay does something worse to him or the next man and you do not always know what the homosexual did to others before you.

when I read about a gay (transexuals are mutilated gays/lesbians) bashing case in the news, I wonder what the view is of the journalist reporting this on homosexuality/lesbianism. I also wonder if the journalist is a homosexual or lesbian and if so, are they setting aside their bias and reporting the news with no problems. I do not trust news that I get from Daily Kos or the Huffington Post on their coverage of gay bashing cases because they predictably make the homosexual look like an innocent victim no matter what wrong the gay does.

I don’t trust media on the gay bashing topic, because too many make homosexuals look innocent victims no matter what wrong the gay does. A rebuttal people make with my argument is that gay bashers will sometimes say things to justify their deeds such as saying the homosexual committed indecent exposure, harassment, stalking and so on and that it’s the gay basher’s side of story which may or may not be true. Yes, just as gay basher’s have an interest to justify their deeds, gay bashing victims have an interest to make themselves look like innocent victims.

When homosexuals molest men and teenage boys, the first thing they do is grab a boy’s butt or groin against will-assault and battery before trying a more violent deed. With gay bashing cases, I have found that gays often harass & or commit assault/battery on teenage boys to men in early 20s & the men react by bashing the gay. Most men and boys who are victims of gays usu. won’t call cops to report that a gay is committing indecent exposure, harassment or in worst cases molestation until some1 reacts violently and bashes the gay.

Again I would rather have too much done than not enough in that I would rather have a case where a jury decides if a man’s reaction to bashing or killing a homosexual is justified or excess vs. the man doesn’t do enough and the gay does something worse. Most gay bashings I have found are men reacting to crimes which the homosexual first did such as after a homosexual committed indecent exposure, assault & battery or other crime. They must abolish sex change maimings.

71. Derrick from Philly says

@ Anirban (aka Abner) Bhattacharya,

You mentioned that you are tri-lingual. Could you please write your future postings in Spanish. it would help us all.:-)

72. says

@Squirt – Cynthia Nixon’s statement was misinterpreted by low-thinkers; she acknowledges her bisexuality, and “chooses” to be in a gay relationship and identify as gay. She, being bisexual, could very well do the opposite and lead a “heterosexual life” – of sorts, but her choice to “be gay” is that. She’s not saying “i’m heterosexual and I choose to be gay” – which many low-thinkers wrongly misinterpreted.

73. Jerry 6 says

Being Homosexual is a choice? Then I must be in a weird family: My Fathers Father was Gay; as was my Father, and as I am, and my third Son. The fact that we all were the Second Born in each generation may have had something to do with it.

74. Jerry6 says

When do people who know nothing about a subject always spout off as if they are experts? Lady, explain to everyone how my Father’s Father, who was the second born of his parents was Gay; And my Father; The second born of his Father was Gay (I accidentally met his “Lover”); I am the second born of my Father, and are Gay; I thought that if I married a Woman I would “Straiten Out”. But it did not change me – Of our three Sons, the second Born was Gay. Unfortionatly, he was living in New York at the wrong time, and contracted AIDS and past away before having any children of his own.

What a coincidents; four generations of second born’s all chose to be Gay!