Oh Hell No!: David Mixner to Perform Benefit Stage Show in NYC

Mixner

LGBT and civil rights activist, author, storyteller, and Towleroad contributor David Mixner will debut a new one-night only one-man show on October 27 at 7 pm at New World Stages in New York City to benefit The Point Foundation, an organization which assists LGBTQ students in achieving their academic and leadership potential.

Mixner's new show, Oh Hell No!, will take as its starting point "personal and public details of his headline-grabbing and history-shaping life" and be accompanied musically by Chris Bolan, Megan Osterhaus, and Tim Jerome.

Event chairs for the evening include Alan Cumming, Robert Desiderio, Herb Hamsher, Judith Light, Ken Mehlman, Rob Smith, Jonathan Stoller, Jorge Valencia, and Edie Windsor. For information on tickets, including Premium Seating with special access to the post-performance VIP reception at Glass House Tavern, please contact Drew Rhodes at (212) 512-5785 or drew@pointfoundation.org.

Photo by Nigel Barker.

Comments

1. robroy says

WTH is Mehlmen getting honored with this spot??? He set the movement back 10 years with the 2004 Bush campaign. But like Mary Cheney he decided to put his back into it after he had already fulfilled his desire for fortune/status/fame. And then really only only in the affluent/more tolerant area he can afford to live- not in the Netherlands where he turned the tides even further against us. This truly disgusts me.

2. Profe Sancho Panza says

I would hope that if I were the kind of person invited to such events, I’d have the self-respect to see Ken Mehlman’s name on the list and toss the invitation into the trash.

3. Profe Sancho Panza says

I’d also have imagined that the Point Foundation, which is trying to educate and support the next generation of LGBTQ leaders, would not hold Ken Mehlman up as an example to young people by honoring him. I guess if one writes big enough checks, people can be convinced to forget truly heinous behavior.

4. robert says

I know. When I saw Mehlman’s name I did a double take. Still, it’s times like this when I wish I lived in NYC. It sounds like fun. I’d go in a flash.

5. robert says

6. r says

Mixner: helped elect Clinton then got arrested at the Clinton white house

Mehlman: got bush elected and rode the republican wave until it was over

Wanna raise money? Put mehlman on the stage

7. AdamK says

If Mehlman wants to redeem himself, he should raise his megabux privately in his rich friends’ salons and have the decency to stay out of the public eye. He should certainly not solicit or accept awards and accolades.