Jimmy Kimmel | Music Video | News | Robyn | Röyksopp | YouTube

Röyksopp And Robyn Perform 'Do It Again' On Jimmy Kimmel - VIDEO

Röyksopp & Robyn Perform %22Do It Again%22

Back in April, Röyksopp and Robyn released the first single from their collaborative EP Do It Again.

The 5-track EP was released in May and a remix album for the title track has also been issued.

Watch Röyksopp and Robyn perform "Do It Again" on Jimmy Kimmel and listen to the EP, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Wow, 3 bar euro-techno-pop... still?

We're STILL producing this 90s dance stuff???

I don't get where music is going at all.

Posted by: johnny | Jul 2, 2014 9:54:46 AM

2. Right, because the middle of summer is when music typically takes off in startling new directions.

This is a fun, summer song from an EP collaboration between two pop artists. If you want unlistenable, avant garde music, go to Pitchfork, you smug hipster douchenugget.

Posted by: crispy | Jul 2, 2014 10:15:54 AM

3. Thumbs up, Crispy.

I was thrilled when Royksopp and Robyn announced another collaboration. "Monument" is an amazing track that I can't get enough of. The amount of detail that goes into the production side of it is unreal.

And Robyn's such a badass.

Posted by: Jonathen West | Jul 2, 2014 10:56:23 AM

4. @Johny while I found this too commercial for my taste, I see nothing wrong with the style. Acts like Something A La Mode, Moon Boots, Karl X Johan etc are very relevant today.

Posted by: Jay | Jul 2, 2014 11:43:10 AM

5. I was at this show. It was a whole lot of fun, but too short.

Posted by: Tyler | Jul 2, 2014 11:47:12 AM

6. Read between the lines, Crisp. I didn't say it was bad, I just wonder why young musicians can't seem to come up with something NEW and different. This is totally derivative...

BTW, thanks for the childish name-calling, I think I'll keep that one to use later. LOL....

Posted by: johnny | Jul 2, 2014 11:56:12 AM

7. But Royksopp does do new and different. This song is actually quite a departure from their typical stuff.

It's just a shame that all you ever hear from gay dudes is BritneyGagaMadonnaPerry. And finally an artist like Rokysopp gets some exposure, and the first comment is to slam them.

Posted by: crispy | Jul 2, 2014 1:02:10 PM

8. Crispy, I went to the Robyn/Royksopp show at the Hollywood Bowl on Sunday and the crowd treated Royksopp as a warm up act. Which is a shame because they had a terrific set.

And if it means anything, the crowd both on Sunday and at Kimmel was exclusively gay men. I'm hoping Royksopp gain similar traction in our community as this tour progresses and more people hear the EP.

Posted by: Tyler | Jul 2, 2014 1:13:04 PM

9. Johnny has no taste. This is excellent and the show at the Hollywood Bowl was fantastic.

Posted by: StillmarriedinCA | Jul 2, 2014 2:10:23 PM

10. Tyler, I have tickets for the DC show and I suspect it will be the same. I'm a much bigger fan of Royksopp than I am of Robyn (a tad too bubblegum for me), so I suspect that during their set I'll be, um, dancing on my own.

Posted by: crispy | Jul 2, 2014 3:48:02 PM

11. Love this - I'm seeing them on tour this summer!

Posted by: reality | Jul 2, 2014 4:09:27 PM

12. Robyn rockx, I'm so glad she has taken up performance because she's such a pleasure to watch...great look, great songs, can't see enough.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jul 2, 2014 7:39:02 PM

13. "Wow, 3 bar euro-techno-pop... still?"

The retro outfits are supposed to clue you into how they are revisiting that era. It is just a bit of summer fun, not an attempt to make contemporary music (which they are MORE than capable of doing).

Posted by: Will | Jul 2, 2014 9:21:23 PM