Rosie O’Donnell Returning To ‘The View': VIDEO

Rosie

With the departure of hosts Sherri Shepard and Jenny McCarthy from ABC's The View, speculations soon began as to who would step in as replacements. Now TMZ has reported that View alumna Rosie O'Donnell will be returning to the show after a seven year absence:

The deal is now complete. Rosie will join Whoopi Goldberg on the show.  As we reported, producers are also looking for a Latina and a conservative. Two conservative candidates who are being scoped are Abby Huntsman and Margaret Hoover.

In recent years, Rosie has also hosted her own show on the OWN Network which was cancelled in 2012.

Watch a couple of Rosie's more memorable moments from her previous time on The View, AFTER THE JUMP…

Comments

1. MIke says

“Two conservative candidates who are being scoped are Abby Huntsman and Margaret Hoover.”

Who and Who? This show won’t last long. And yeah, I know who Abby is – MSNBC’s go to chick for Republican bashing. Calling her “conservative” is like calling her father one. They could have at least gone for comic relief with the inarticulate narcissistic braindead Meghan McCain.

2. Qj201 says

Margaret Hoover is actually a conservative with a brain and a heart and it LIGHT YEARS ahead of Hasselbitch. Hoover is an old school conservative whereas Hasselcrack is a Tea Party Fangirl.

Hoover is “too liberal” for Faux News. Good fit.

3. says

I’m glad to see her come back because it means I’ll come back to watching the show. I love Whoopi but there was no reason to watch after Rosie left. Born again Christian Sherry and that ‘Vaccines kill’ nutcase literally destroyed the show. Rosie is feisty, she’ll fight for ‘us’ and she will be back on television where she belongs. Her daytime show was one of the best – who else could get Streisand to appear on daytime TV (yes, Oprah did follow but Oprah did not snag that first interview)? Rosie has always been an advocate for the gay community and the gay community owes it to her to stand behind and cheer her on. Or would you prefer Sarah Palin, who’s reps are claiming she is being considered for the show. Rosie would wipe the floor with Palin.

4. oncemorefeeling says

Obviously, a queer person on TV is the worst thing that’s ever happened.

I guess Pride month is really over.

Thank fictional god that trolls don’t matter in either the virtual or the real world.

5. pablo says

I don’t mind Rosie at all — she’s kind of like Whoopi, but with teeth. Huntsman would be a good and thoughtful conservative, but Hoover is idiotic. She used to be on that “Culture Warrior” segment on the O’Reilly show….awful.

6. Dback says

Megan McCain isn’t available for the conservative slot? She’s sharp and funny (and VERY pro-gay). I still might flip over to “The Meredith Viera Show” for a few.

7. Arkansassy says

What an obnoxious, loud mouthed, hateful woman. What is her talent anyway that she is offered jobs like this? She’s not funny. She’s not smart. I’d rather watch grass grow in the desert than watch Rosie O’Donnell.

8. Mike says

Wow! With Rosie back I just might watch a little bit. Now if they would just get rid of 90% of their commercials. When are the idiots in charge going to realize that the more stupid ads, the less people watch ANY tv show!

9. Mike says

@HAHAHA Wake up! You have never heard of streaming, DVDs, etc.? Except for REAL news regular broadcast TV is dead and it killed itself with greed.

10. Thomas says

I used to skip school and stay home just to watch her when she was on The View. I don’t know what is about her that clicks with me, but for better or worse she is totally my spirit animal. I’m ecstatic that she will be back on The View.