Bisexual | California | Hate Crime

Man Pleads Not Guilty In July Shooting Of Bisexual California Man: VIDEO

Dead

A 25-year-old Mecca, California man named Miguel Angel Bautista Ramirez (left) sits in jail as the lone suspect in the shooting death of his bisexual 20-year-old Pizza Hut co-worker Juan Ceballos (right).

According to KESQ News, on Sunday July 13 Ceballos texted his brother Sergio asking him to come outside and help bring in pizza that he had brought home for his family. Soon after, Sergio heard two gunshots and went outside to discover his brother dead.

Juan was the oldest brother to five siblings. Since he was murdered right outside his family's doorstep, the family moved away immediately after his funeral. At their new place, Juan’s mother keeps a candles lit by several of his pictures in the living room.

KESQ News reports that the criminal complaint against Ramirez says that he “waited for Juan outside his home and shot and killed him because of his sexual orientation.” Juan worked two jobs and was also a student who wanted a career so he could keep helping his family.

The Bilerico Project shares Sergio thoughts on the pointlessness of his brother’s murder:

”If it was because of that, that was a stupid reason... he said that he was he was looking for happiness in a world full of evil, maybe he was right. The world is full of evil, and I just don't know why they ever did this to him... He was our guide, everything that we have now, we owe it to him...I'm going to continue with all this, but I'm going to have to do it without him."

Though Ramirez has plead “not guilty” to murder, he also faces hate crime and lying-in-wait charges. He is being held without bail until he returns to court August 11. The local district attorney may seek the death penalty.

Watch the video AFTER THE JUMP...

KMIR News | Palm Springs, California

Comments

1. uh..but..but...he's GAY!

Posted by: Daniel Berry, NYC | Aug 5, 2014 11:50:45 AM

2. Tragic and senseless. Very sad.

Posted by: throwslikeagirl | Aug 5, 2014 12:27:51 PM

3. Miguel Angel Bautista Ramirez would not want me on his jury. I would vote to put him to death. A senseless homophobic murder of the worst kind.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Aug 5, 2014 1:05:23 PM

4. Unsure about this case as we are only hearing 1 side. When I read about a gay (transexuals are mutilated gays/lesbians and they must abolish sex changes) bashing case in the news, I wonder what the view is of the journalist reporting this on homosexuality/lesbianism. I also wonder if the journalist is a homosexual or lesbian and if so, are they setting aside their bias and reporting the news with no problems. I do not trust news that I get from Daily Kos or the Huffington Post on their coverage of gay bashing cases because they predictably make the homosexual look like an innocent victim no matter what wrong the gay does.

If a defense lawyer in a gay bashing case wants to raise a crime the gay did such as harassment, indecent exposure, stalking, etc. before man reacted violently, then that must be regarded in deciding verdict. I would rather have a case where a jury decides if a man’s reaction to bashing or killing a homosexual is justified or excess vs. the man doesn’t do enough and the gay does something worse to him or the next man and you do not always know what the homosexual did to others before you.

Posted by: snowisfun | Aug 5, 2014 1:51:42 PM

5. With the homosexual killed in this news-does he have an ugly history of molesting children (unreported to cops) which the news left out? It's possible & the homosexual may not be the innocent victim as Towleroad and the news makes him out to be where there only interviewing the victim's family.

Posted by: snowisfun | Aug 5, 2014 2:05:48 PM

6. @SNOWISFUN,

you know, today I read a couple of comments I made about Mormons yesterday. I read my comments and I was mortified. They were incohent and silly comments. I don't know what the fvck I was trying to say.

That is why I am so glad you posted today. Now, I don't feel so bad about the foolishness that I posted yesterday. You take the cake when it comes to craziness.

Noboday can tell what the fvck you are trying to say from your first sentence to the last of your 2,000 word comments. If they think they can, then they are as crazy as you are.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 5, 2014 2:11:39 PM

7. Derrick, if raising possibility that the homosexual in this news story is not the innocent victim as the news makes him out to be offends you, then so be it. We saw how most media left out ugly truths on 1998 gay bashing victim Methew Wayne Shepard, so it would not surprise me if there are ugly truths on this homosexual which the news left out.

Posted by: snowisfun | Aug 5, 2014 2:21:11 PM

8. I do not trust news that I get from Daily Kos or the Huffington Post on their coverage of gay bashing cases because they predictably make the homosexual look like an innocent victim no matter what wrong the gay does. see http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-rowe/man-acquitted-of-murder-a_b_231748.html and see

Huffington Post (along with their posters), Daily Kos & lesbian columnist Pamela F. Spaulding all condemned this man for a jury acquitting this man of killing the homosexual though jury concluded man acted in self-defense. Since Daily Kos, Huffington Post and lesbian columnist Pamela F. Spaulding among others see nothing wrong with homosexuals committing crimes and condemn men who defend themselves against these crimes, I don’t trust media on the gay bashing topic, because too many make homosexuals look innocent victims no matter what wrong the gay does. A rebuttal people make with my argument is that gay bashers will sometimes say things to justify their deeds such as saying the homosexual committed indecent exposure, harassment, stalking and so on and that it’s the gay basher’s side of story which may or may not be true. Yes, just as gay basher’s have an interest to justify their deeds, gay bashing victims have an interest to make themselves look like innocent victims.

Posted by: snowisfun | Aug 5, 2014 2:28:00 PM

9. SNOWISFUN, you're not fun but you're a relentless sociopath. I hope something really bad happens to you one day.

Oh and save your BS. I'm NOT religious, I have a masters degree and know my history. And of course I am European, so don't live in a f*cked up vacuum of religious hypocrisy and irrational decision making, so your rantings will be wasted on me.

Posted by: Rowan | Aug 5, 2014 2:43:49 PM

10. You may make fun of us in the UK but this kind of stuff is so remote and off the wall. We do not tolerate hate in the media but you guys do.

So the more people like Tony Perkins are given a platform, the more cases like this you will get.

No wonder it's a life and death situation coming out in the US. So sad.

Posted by: Rowan | Aug 5, 2014 2:45:35 PM

11. Rowan, Heros for homosexuals are cowards who molest children such as homosexual coward Harvey B. Milk. Derrick, if raising possibility that the homosexual in this news story is not the innocent victim as the news makes him out to be offends you, then so be it. We saw how most media left out ugly truths on 1998 gay bashing victim Methew Wayne Shepard, so it would not surprise me if there are ugly truths on this homosexual which the news left out.

I am not a religious person but I see something wrong with gay/lesbian conduct-so don’t give me a lecture on how I must be 1 of those Christians. My reasons for being against gay/lesbian behaviors and being against sex changes are unrelated to any religion. With gay bashing cases, I have found that gays often harass & or commit assault/battery on teenage boys to men in early 20s & the men react by bashing the gay. Most men and boys who are victims of gays usu. won’t call cops to report that a gay is committing indecent exposure, harassment or in worst cases molestation until some1 reacts violently and bashes the gay. Again I would rather have too much done than not enough in that I would rather have a case where a jury decides if a man’s reaction to bashing or killing a homosexual is justified or excess vs. the man doesn’t do enough and the gay does something worse. Most gay bashings I have found are men reacting to crimes which the homosexual first did such as after a homosexual committed indecent exposure, assault & battery or other crime.

Posted by: snowisfun | Aug 5, 2014 2:55:19 PM

12. The troll is a disorganized schizophrenic. The troll has been gone for a few days; I was hoping it was for good. Clearly not.

This is the second name I've seen them using here.

This person doesn't need arguments from us; what the need are some heavy duty anti-psychotics.

Posted by: Anon | Aug 5, 2014 3:28:02 PM

13. Andy please just delete Snowisfun's comments.

Posted by: Tyler | Aug 5, 2014 4:11:41 PM

14. Hang him from the neck until dead. We need to bring back hanging, not this ridiculous lethal injection BS.

Am I the only one who thinks snowisfun is that psycho Ray Miller, AKA Little Kiwi? The loon trolls all over TR, and even answers his own trolls with faux outrage.

Posted by: ratbastard | Aug 5, 2014 5:45:16 PM

15. Ratbastard, but if it's true the homosexual in this news story molested young boys, then him being shot and killed in an unrelated killing is poetic justice & the man who shot and killed the homosexual saved other boys from being victimized. With the homosexual killed in this news-does he have an ugly history of molesting children (unreported to cops) which the news left out? It's possible & the homosexual may not be the innocent victim as Towleroad and the news makes him out to be where there only interviewing the victim's family.

Posted by: snowisfun | Aug 5, 2014 5:55:56 PM

16. Sad story -latino culture can be extremely macho and homophobic- it might have led to this tragic situation.

Posted by: jarago | Aug 5, 2014 6:14:44 PM