Gay Pride | News | Spain | Video

Sitges Pride Is A Million Times More Fun Than Your City's Pride - VIDEO

Sit_a

If you’ve ever been to Barcelona you may have heard of Sitges, the gay-friendly beach town less than an hour away. The city’s seafront promenade, art deco architecture and nightlife make it a popular tourist spot, and its annual Pride event looks raucous enough to challenge even the rowdiest American Pride.

Someone at the Sitges tourist board has done their homework and made a Sitges Pride promotional video touting the event’s fifth anniversary that's chock-full of cute guys, poolside steaminess, pop music, flashy drag-queens, and fishbowl booze. The event's stage show also has imitations of Michael Jackson, Cher and the Black-Eyed Peas.

Marketing or no, it still looks like a hella good time.

Watch the video AFTER THE JUMP…

Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 12.53.57 PM

Comments

1. 1) I'm going to pretend you did not just say "hella" since it's not 1996 at a middle school in the valley.

2) It's a bear-friendly town too. I know they have a bear week much like ptown.

Posted by: Brandon H | Aug 4, 2014 2:02:26 PM

2. I'm troll propoganda.

Posted by: Ceem | Aug 4, 2014 2:08:59 PM

3. Thanks for sharing the video.. Its actually produced by AFGAL - The association of gay businesses who have been working to create and grow the pride over the past 5 years. While we have huge support and permission from the council and tourist office..the actual video was funded and produced through sponsors and contributions from local gay businesses.

Posted by: keith | Aug 4, 2014 2:41:40 PM

4. @ "trans propagana

Posted by: ceem | Aug "

You're just envious, CEEM/ENCHANTRA. Take a Monday enema.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 4, 2014 2:42:14 PM

5. Yuck! The body shaving/ waxing thing is going to far. Some of the skinny guys looked like 12 year olds. Not attractive.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Aug 4, 2014 2:54:17 PM

6. too far

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Aug 4, 2014 2:54:48 PM

7. I've been to Sitges. It is absolutely stunning. I wish we'd stayed a few nights there instead of going for the day, and I encourage anyone visiting Barcelona to do so.

Posted by: crispy | Aug 4, 2014 3:04:56 PM

8. I've been to Sitges Pride for the last two years (visiting from Toronto) and I can truly say it is one of the most welcoming places and events you can be part of. Not attend, but truly be part of.

Sitges is compact and can accommodate tens of thousands of visitors and while busy it never seems overwhelming. The beaches are fantastic and the clubs fun with visitors from all over the world. The Pride entertainment is top notch with local Spanish acts and well know international performances.

But one of the BEST part of Sitges Pride is the participants and attendees. They are all there for a good time, younger, older, bigger, smaller, bearish, and hairless, drag, and ladies, and everything in between. There is more mixing and interaction and just openness to having fun with EVERYONE that the types of separations and segmentation of Pride scenes elsewhere do not apply in Sitges.

It is a truly wonderful place and the organizers of Sitges Pride have done a wonderful job over the last 5 years in creating a wonderfully inclusive fun event for everyone.

It *IS* more fun than your own Pride!

Posted by: Cameron | Aug 4, 2014 3:18:40 PM

9. What a freak show. There is no pride in making yourself look like a circus act.

Posted by: Hanni | Aug 4, 2014 3:42:13 PM

10. I'm a freakshow. There is no pride in hating on effeminacy under a false alias. I (Rick) am such a pathetic wimp.

Posted by: Hanni | Aug 4, 2014 4:09:01 PM

11. I was in Sitges during Bear week and it was FUN.

Posted by: zeddy | Aug 4, 2014 4:32:33 PM

12. Sitges is also known for its fantasy film festival

Posted by: jarago | Aug 4, 2014 6:11:41 PM

13. Sitges is even better when the fake gays leave, and the regular gays come back.

Posted by: Orgull | Aug 4, 2014 7:55:48 PM

14. B.S. I saw a lot of video featuring chiseled bodies and drag queens, in that order. Very little of the "average" gay person and their experience. On top of that, the music being rammed down our throats since the 70s as "acceptable" for a gay person is very narrow and shallow.

Thanks. I'll pass on the fabulous party and focus on reality.

Posted by: KC | Aug 4, 2014 11:44:32 PM

15. I'm with KC on this...have been planning a trip to Barcelona/Sitges, but after seeing this will now look elsewhere. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted by: ccbeach | Aug 5, 2014 9:37:02 AM

16. I love it... I guess its not to everyones taste..but there was definitely a cross section of everyone... esp the "real people" being interviewed..,, older guys, younger... and a lot of colour.... As for Musical taste..well everything is subjective..and as you say... u can go where you want! Thats lucky..

Posted by: rick | Aug 5, 2014 1:58:48 PM

17. Sitges and Barcelona ROCK!

Posted by: me | Aug 5, 2014 2:31:16 PM