‘Teen Wolf’ Hunk Charlie Carver Joins Cast of James Franco’s ‘Ex-gay’ Film ‘Michael’

Carver

Teen Wolf and The Leftovers star Charlie Carver has joined the cast of Michael – the upcoming film starring James Franco as Michael Glatze, the founder of the (now shuttered) gay twink magazine XY and the short-lived publication Young Gay America who went "ex-gay" and became a poster boy for that movement

Deadline reports Carver will play the role of Tyler, who gets involved in a relationship with Glatze and Bennett (Zachary Quinto) and is heartbroken when Glatze goes 'ex-gay.'

The film, produced by Gus van Sant and directed by Justin Kelly, is based on “My Ex-Gay Friend,” a New York Times Magazine article by Benoit Denizet-Lewis. You can read the article HERE

[photo via MTV]

Comments

1. miguel r says

he has one of those faces…i don’t know if he is gay, but he looks just like those fresh faced florida boys who go out to SF or LA. This dude might not be gay. But he looks just like those hunky florida boys who end up in the castro and Weho…i dont believe in biological determinism, but when you see the same type of boy with exactly that face end up in exactly the same places…now this probably has to do with the fact that this “look” seems exotic to me, so i notice it more than i notice other types of faces, which are probably just as prevalent. but doesnt he look like a young brad davis? or like the guy who played mouse in tales of the city?

2. Me says

the line up seems to be getting interesting..

but what is the big deal with this ex-gay that a movie is beign made…I’ve been reading a lot about this and still do not understand the interest for a movie…

3. says

i truly hope this film touches on what, specifically drove him (and continues to drive others) toward the outright lies of the “ex-gay” movements; i have far too many friends who were driven toward these harmful therapies and conversions and camps – and the driving force behind each and every one was Church, Family and the emotionally-abusive withholding of love and shaming.

4. Tyler says

Saw Charlie Carver at Pride on WeHo this year. He was just hanging around in the crowd. He was with there with Allison Argent, one of the (former) female leads on the show.

5. Mikey M says

The Carver brothers are one of the best parts of Leftovers. They bring necessary comic relief to a pretty grim story.

6. peterparker says

The pic of Charlie Carver in bed with a guy is clearly from ‘Teen Wolf’ since there is an MTV logo there. Is there a gay storyline on ‘Teen Wolf’? I tried to watch it but just couldn’t get interested in it despite the gorgeousness of Tyler Posey. A gay storyline involving Charlie Carter would pique my interest though.

7. Dawson says

I heard one was gay too but in our circles someone will say everyone is gay. Don’t know if Charlie is official out or not. I think it helps our younger gay population when someone their age comes out who they can identify with. I am waiting for one of the Franco’s but that could be wishful thinking.(and no, not their sister)

8. dunno says

Glatze is obviously searching for meaning in his life and being a big-time gay activist and having a polyamorous relationship didn’t fill that void. I hope he finds peace with himself.

9. Honesty says

I remember them from starting off in Desperate Housewives, too. I’m very interested in the story of this movie, but really home it doesn’t glorify or even give credibility to the lies of being “ex-gay”

10. Robert says

I just read an interview with Charlie and his brother, and I thought, huh, Charlie really strikes me as the one who could be gay. Hmmmmmm.

11. Jason says

I feel sorry not only for Michael Glatze but for the poor woman who he married Rebekah, if he was gay he will always be gay and one day he will leave her for some young boy and break her heart.

12. jamal49 says

@PETERPARKER There was a gay story line on Teen Wolf involving one of the Carver twins last season. Teen Wolf has been very gay friendly and I enjoy the series, not just because of the eye candy but because the story line has been interesting.