Bryan Singer Hub




Bryan Singer Teases 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Movie Treatment

 

Bryan Singer posted his very first Instagram photo to Twitter yesterday; suffice it to say that the picture was rather apocalyptic.

It would seem as if development of X-Men: Apocalypse, the sequel to X-Men: Days of Future Past, is well under way. The photo confirms 20th Century Fox President of Production Emma Watts’s recent assertion that Singer is definitely slated to be a very large part of the project. Singer’s involvement in Fox’s future installments of the X-Men franchise came under question after he dropped out of all press engagements for Days of Future Past in the wake of sexual abuse allegations earlier this year.


Bryan Singer's Accuser Michael Egan Says He Never Left The Continental U.S.

Michael Egan

Bryan Singer's accuser Michael Egan says he never left the continental United States. Which is a pretty big deal given that the alleged rape of Egan took place in Hawaii. From the deposition with Egan:

Q. Did you ever take any trips with them?

A. Yes. several trips.

Q. Where to?

A. Las Vegas, Lake Havasu.

Q. Anything outside the continental U.S.?

A. Never had any trips outside the continental U.S., no.

Q. Do you know if [redacted] did?

A. Yes, I know he did.

Q. Where do you know that he went?

A. From what I recollect, I believe he went to Hawaii, went to --

It should also be noted that Hawaii has an extended statute of limitations, which for Egan's case would have ended April 24, 2014. Egan's complaint was filed on April 16, 2014.


Bryan Singer Comes Out as Bisexual

Bryan Singer has come out as bisexual in an OUT magazine profile tied to the release of the new X-Men film:

SingerSomewhere along the way, he became “openly gay director Bryan Singer.” The first time he saw that in print, Singer says, “I was like, Oh, OK. That was easy.” He shrugs. “I came out by osmosis.” So he skipped being asked or having to make a statement, which is probably a sign of progress. Asked now whether life is any different in Hollywood for a “gay director,” he’s ready to give a more complicated answer. “I’m quite bisexual,” he says. “In the last five years, I’ve had two girlfriends — one for two years, one for eight months.” He laughs, a little more the shy, Clark Kent type than the self-assured superdirector he’s been all day. “Talking about human sexuality is like talking about the second World War,” he says, wryly. (If Singer has an enduring film fixation other than gay allegories, it’s with WWII.)

OUT makes this note at the beginning of the profile:

Editor's Note: This story went to press just as a lawsuit alleging Bryan Singer sexually assaulted a teenager in 1999 was announced. Singer declined additional comment to Out beyond this public statement released last month: “The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false. I do not want these fictitious claims to divert ANY attention from ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past.’ This fantastic film is a labor of love and one of the greatest experiences of my career. So, out of respect to all of the extraordinary contributions from the incredibly talented actors and crew involved, I’ve decided not to participate in the upcoming media events for the film. However, I promise when this situation is over, the facts will show this to be the sick twisted shake down it is. I want to thank fans, friends and family for all their amazing and overwhelming support.”


'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Hit With New Sex Assault Lawsuit

X-Men Director Bryan Singer and Broadway producer Gary Goddard are being hit with a new lawsuit alleging sexual abuse of an underage teen, the Daily Beast reports:

Goddard_singerThe new lawsuit filed by Egan’s attorney, Jeff Herman, alleges that Singer and Broadway producer Gary Goddard sexually assaulted a British teenager. He is known in the lawsuit as “John Doe No. 117,” fearing “further psychological injury” if his name is disclosed.

...According to the lawsuit, which Herman intends to officially announce Monday at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles at 2 p.m., Goddard first contacted the teenager via social media when he was 14. The producer allegedly told the young man he was good-looking, and that he knew people in London and Hollywood who could help him get work in his acting career. One of those people, Goddard allegedly added, was Singer.

The Beast article goes on to detail the allegations brought forth in the suit which include various situations in the U.S. and in London where the teen was forced to perform sexual acts and threatened if he did not do so.

The Beast continues:

The teenager, the suit contends, “only recently became cognizant that he has suffered psychological and emotional injuries, mental anguish and loss of enjoyment of life as a result of the Defendants’ sexual acts. Such injuries are severe, continuing, and permanent.”

The suit contends that Singer violated the law by sexually assaulting the teenager, traveling to a foreign country for “illicit conduct with a minor,” that he had arranged to “meet with a minor to engage in lewd and lascivious behavior,” and that by allegedly coercing the teenager in the way he did, Singer committed an act of “gender violence” against him.


TV Exec Garth Ancier Denies Sex Abuse Allegations; Bryan Singer Has '100 Witnesses' Ready

 Egan

Two new developments in the explosive Hollywood 'sex ring' lawsuits.

AncierFirst, TV executive Garth Ancier, who was named in plaintiff Michael Egan's sex abuse case earlier this month, is speaking out for the first time against what he calls "vile, unwarranted" allegations.

Wrote Ancier in a string of tweets:

"Thanks and gratitude to my friends, family and colleagues for your support this week. I wanted you all to hear from me personally and know that I intend to fight with every resource available this vile, unwarranted assault on my reputation. The intimidation tactics used in this transparent get-rich-quick scheme employ as their weapons of choice press conferences in tandem with frivolous lawsuits which shamelessly exploit homophobic fears and stereotypes. The mere fact that I have never so much as set foot on the estate in Hawaii where the plaintiff and his attorney claim numerous incidents took place and that Hawaiian law provided a convenient legal loophole for the plaintiff speaks volumes about the credibility of their  allegations, not a single one of which is true.  While I recognize we sadly live in a time where one is only innocent until allegations go viral on the Internet I remain confident that all of these allegations made against me will be exposed for the lies that they are and that the truth about my character will prevail."

SingerDirector Bryan Singer, who was also named in the lawsuit, has been steadfast in denying any wrongdoing, claiming he has the evidence to back up his innocence.

Buzzfeed reports:

The suit, filed last week in a federal court in Hawaii, was “reckless and irresponsible” Singer’s attorney said, and at least 100 witnesses could testify Singer was on set and not in Hawaii during the times he is accused of sexual abuse.

“Anyone who claims to be a witness to Bryan being in Hawaii with Egan is a bold [sic] faced liar,” he said. “There are very significant consequences when people lie under oath. If these alleged witnesses ever come forward and are willing to testify under oath, we will prove them to be liars.”

Singer’s attorney accused Egan’s attorney, Jeff Herman, of not contacting him before the lawsuits were filed.

“Had he reached out to us first, we would have been able to provide him with the exculpatory evidence we have proving that Bryan wasn’t even there,” he said. “Responsible lawyers typically send demand letters before filing lawsuits.”


Bryan Singer Issues Statement Denouncing Sex Abuse Allegations as 'Twisted Shake Down'

X-Men director Bryan Singer issued a statement today regarding allegations by Michael Egan that singer had drugged and raped him when he was 17 as part of a 'sex ring' preying on underage teens.

SingerSaid Singer in the statement, in which he said he was dropping out of the press tour for X-Men:

“The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false. I do not want these fictitious claims to divert ANY attention from ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past.’ This fantastic film is a labor of love and one of the greatest experiences of my career. So, out of respect to all of the extraordinary contributions from the incredibly talented actors and crew involved, I’ve decided not to participate in the upcoming media events for the film. However, I promise when this situation is over, the facts will show this to be the sick twisted shake down it is. I want to thank fans, friends and family for all their amazing and overwhelming support.”


Trending



Towleroad - Blogged