Ann Coulter | News | Sean Hannity

Ann Coulter: If My Son Told Me He Was Gay 'I'd Tell Him He Was Adopted and Ask for Help Redecorating'

Acoulter

Ann Coulter, who refused to answer a question from Piers Morgan this week on what she would do if her child was gay, is asked the same question by Sean Hannity, Think Progress reports.

Says Coulter: "Obviously I'd tell him he was adopted, ask for some help redecorating the dining room."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. She's looking as tired as her dog and pony show these days, isn't she? Poor the Ann Coulter.

Posted by: yonkersconquers | Jun 10, 2011 1:08:09 PM

2. gay or straight - if i was her son i'd put a bullet in my head.

Posted by: EO | Jun 10, 2011 1:10:05 PM

3. It's a rhetorical question -- the cobwebs and stalactites in her womb prevent her from having a baby.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jun 10, 2011 1:11:44 PM

4. The fact that it took her this long to come up with a snappy comeback shows just how badly she's slipping.

She does it to get our goat, of course, so the best we can do is ignore her.

Now about that Anthony Wiener...

Posted by: Trev | Jun 10, 2011 1:12:30 PM

5. I didn't know that equine transvestites could give birth...

Posted by: Grant | Jun 10, 2011 1:12:34 PM

6. So Ann Coulter would be a better parent than Tracy Morgan. Whodathunkit?

Posted by: Brian | Jun 10, 2011 1:12:43 PM

7. I hate Ann Coulter. If I ever saw her in person and just happened to be holding a cream pie in one hand, I'd know just what to do.

And ... let's fact it; she's a comedian. Not a particularly funny one, but a clown for the extreme right wing nonetheless. Technically, she didn't say, "this is what I'd tell my gay kid;" she's saying, "this is what I should have said to Piers Morgan." So, to my mind, it doesn't quite rise (sink?) to the level of her other, truly hateful, invective.

Posted by: Red Seven | Jun 10, 2011 1:12:44 PM

8. If my horse told me it was Ann Coulter I'd take off its saddle and send it to the glue factory.

Posted by: Rob | Jun 10, 2011 1:14:16 PM

9. OMG she was totally being funny. She has done speeches at gay events. If a liberal would have said this you'd all be laughing. Can't some comments just be satire? If you all would let down your defensive dramatic guard for one second, you might see that she might be one person who could convince other hard-line conservatives that we aren't "bad." She has a lot of respect on the right. She could actually help us out.

Posted by: BC | Jun 10, 2011 1:18:05 PM

10. Ann Coulter doesn't bother me at all. This type of response is part of her schtick. She does it to wind us up. And when we react, she wins. Ignore her.

Posted by: SteveC | Jun 10, 2011 1:22:08 PM

11. No man on this entire planet would ever have sex with that vile repugnant thing. So there really isn't any point in asking her the question in the first place. -- But, yeah, she's the poster girl for every conservative homophobic bigot out there. I'm sure her amphibian parents that hatched her are very proud.

Posted by: David in Houston | Jun 10, 2011 1:25:43 PM

12. How could ever conceive with all that vagina envy?

Hey, DANCOBB, you got an insult for Ann Coulter's race like you did for Tracy Morgan's? Come on, you must have some dirt on the Aryans? Just think 70 years ago...Nuremberg.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 10, 2011 1:29:22 PM

13. If I were her son and she told me I was adopted, I'd be convinced in the existence of a higher being who loved me.

Posted by: MikeMick | Jun 10, 2011 1:31:28 PM

14. Ann Coulter's whole game is to try to get a rise out of the left. Her response was obviously a joke, and while it is still offensive, it certainly doesn't merit a mention on this blog. Once you watch the clip you get it -- she's being her usual ridiculous self -- but the way the story is presented here it sounds much worse than it is. A reaction like this is exactly what she is trying to get, so in this case I'd have to say she wins the debate because she accomplished her goal.

Homophobic views like hers are quickly becoming the minority, and at this point it's up to us to move on and just start ignoring people like Coulter. Sticks and stones...

Posted by: Mike | Jun 10, 2011 1:32:33 PM

15. She's not that quick, is she? Took her, what, 3 days to come up with a soundbite for that question? Did she have to call on her writing team for that?

Posted by: hugo | Jun 10, 2011 1:34:27 PM

16. If I were here son I would say "Thank god I don't come for your gene pool."

Posted by: Creative1 | Jun 10, 2011 1:36:11 PM

17. Sad

Posted by: imarko | Jun 10, 2011 1:36:16 PM

18. She's an idiot! Classic repubican mindset, no intellectual curiosity, addicted to sound bites as facts, no substance, just like the majority of them in their party, including many of the gay oxymoronic republicans who year in year out, vote a for a party that is not going to do anything for them except take their money while feigning acceptance of them. Sad!

Posted by: Robert | Jun 10, 2011 1:41:51 PM

19. Remember, this is what GOProud calls entertainment!

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jun 10, 2011 1:43:13 PM

20. to be her son i would want her to kill me . it just goes to prove you stick your head in peroxide long enough it causes brain damage.

Posted by: walter | Jun 10, 2011 1:43:35 PM

21. Of course, he'd know he was adopted - a man can't have baby.

Posted by: Talisman | Jun 10, 2011 1:46:29 PM

22. I get a great deal of pleasure out of fantasizing about jumping up and down on her body until blood spurts out of every orifice, like Donald Sutherland did to Jackie Earle Haley in "The Day Of The Locust."

Posted by: Roger | Jun 10, 2011 1:48:17 PM

23. To BC: FYI, we know that Republican operatives post comments on Towleroad.

Posted by: Modern Meet | Jun 10, 2011 1:55:08 PM

24. Moot point! Any child conceived by and born from the loins of Ann Coulter will commit suicide long before he/she ever comes to any sexual orientation realizations.

Posted by: anon texan | Jun 10, 2011 1:58:22 PM