Bears | Chris Colfer | Glee | Max Adler

BigGayDeal.com

Glee's Bully Karofsky Accepts That He's a Gay Bear Cub: VIDEO

Karofsky

[SPOILERS]

My favorite moment from last night's Glee. The boys paid a visit to local gay bar scandals and Kurt ran into his former bully Karofsky.

"People like me here, I feel accepted. I'm what they call a 'bear cub'...because I'm burly or something."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(Sorry for the quality. All I could find.)

Comments

1. I liked this scene and the return of Karofsky, but man that gay bar sucked! It looked like a gay bar from the early 80s.

Do gay teens even know who Thelma Houston is?

Posted by: endo | Nov 9, 2011 10:00:10 AM

2. You know Andy, a [SPOILER] tag doesn't do much good when you freakin' SPOIL IT in the headline. This is the age of DVR's, not all of us watch TV shows when they're broadcast.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Nov 9, 2011 10:02:53 AM

3. I'm almost embarrassed to be gay - I'm surprised they didn't break with some Gloria Gaynor.

Posted by: Steve | Nov 9, 2011 10:03:56 AM

4. Poor Henry Holland, we get it... you're too popular and busy on a Tuesday night with your social group cutting hair at the salon to watch teevee. Being bitchy on a comment board doesn't make up for the fact that you'll be sitting home alone on a Friday night watching this show with your cats.

Posted by: Badly Drawn Boston Boy | Nov 9, 2011 10:20:18 AM

5. Henry - the Karofsky storyline was leaked everywhere!

Besides when a show airs it's fair game to talk about the plot points

Posted by: Remote Patrolled | Nov 9, 2011 10:30:19 AM

6. Admittedly the bar did seem a bit dated.

But, I still liked the episode.

I can still remember my first time in a gay bar. A mixture of apprehension and that of a boy being in a candy store. I just kept thinking that all these guys were hot men, and they all liked men just like me. A sense that at last you weren't alone.

Posted by: Continuum | Nov 9, 2011 10:39:06 AM

7. How many times has Karofsky been held back? Where in the US can high school students walk into a bar and order a beer without being carded?

(I am liking him more and more...)

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Nov 9, 2011 10:39:44 AM

8. For the "sex episode," this was pretty lacking in sex.

But that bar is exactly like those in small towns everywhere. Including the not caring about the age of the patrons. Though there's no way that Blaine could have gotten so wasted off one beer.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 9, 2011 10:40:37 AM

9. If the bar seems dated, consider that this show is set in a small town in Ohio. It's not exactly the Castro or weho, folks. So if anything it's more realistic that the bar doesn't look like the Abbey.

Posted by: atomic | Nov 9, 2011 10:43:42 AM

10. "Where in the US can high school students walk into a bar and order a beer without being carded?"

Or serve Courvoisier in coffee to a kid wearing a Dalton High uniform?

I haven't followed this show. What reason did the Blaine and kurt have for being chaste? Not even using their hands below the waist?

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Nov 9, 2011 10:53:52 AM

11. I have to admit I absolutely loathe Kurt. He seriously needs to unclench. He comes across as extremely self righteous. It all started with his interactions with his dad (who I think seems to try his damnedest for Kurt) and just went screechingly downhill from there.

Posted by: MT | Nov 9, 2011 10:55:14 AM

12. I thought the whole episode was chaste...(and kind of stupid plot lines but hey it's GLEE)...it was still SO progressive compared to the 80s and 90s.

Posted by: Geoff M | Nov 9, 2011 11:05:28 AM

13. Of course the bar was dated, have you ever been to Ohio, and a "small town" at that. I've been to bars that haven't been updated in 30 years, or cleaned for that matter.
    Great show, btw.

Posted by: Rex in Ohio | Nov 9, 2011 11:15:00 AM

14. Yes, I'm gay. No, I don't watch Glee. Found out this was the 'sex' show from the Right-Wing over-reaction. Didn't know about the underage drinking until I read it here! What, the Righties like their teens drunk. . and celebate? Or, just too drunk to remember that grope under the sheets back home.

Posted by: Christopher | Nov 9, 2011 11:19:29 AM

15. Personally I was disappointed in the 'end of the show sex' scene which wasn't a sex scene at all. Kurt and Blaine are two 17YOs who, in reality, would be naked and all over each other. We didn't even get a passionate kiss or embrace.

Not sure the ages of the writers but their plot lines are aged - why is it only gay kids sneak into bars, get drunk, and attempt to attack each other in the back seat of a car? OTHO, Rachel and Finn had the lovely pretty "we're in love, I've saved myself just for you..." scenes.

And I'm not that impressed with Sebastian. From his online photo I was expecting a serious hunk but he is more of a twink then a hunk. If you're gay then you have to know a Sebastian and if you don't then you will. I cannot tell you how many times we've gone to a grouping (party, meeting, etc) and someone like Sebastian is intent on working his [failed] magic on me or my husband. And when that fails the inevitable, "consider a 3some?"

Glee has let me down quite for much of this season. BTW,

Anyone see 90210 and Teddy's (farewell) wedding to Shane? OMG, so bad... At the alter, they exchange rings "and I now pronouce you groom and groom..." (Groom and Groom? Duh...) No kiss or embrace. Camera pans away and I turned to Greg and roll my eyes. I swear to God - are they shaking hands?"

Say goodbye to Teddy. He won't be back. This marriage was to write him out of the show.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Nov 9, 2011 11:19:59 AM

16. I've been hating this season, but I thought last night's episode was real good. A focus on character development. The Korofsky scene was cute. And the Coach Beast story was sweet.

Posted by: Qvato | Nov 9, 2011 11:34:12 AM

17. It was about 2 of the interesting 10 minutes of the show.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Nov 9, 2011 11:42:40 AM

18. This show is unwatchable...It's Ryan Murphy's wet dream, and Poison Arrow? really? I love the song but I don't think I EVER heard it played in a club.

Posted by: Manhattanvince | Nov 9, 2011 11:58:09 AM

19. There certainly! was a lot in the episode to digest - in a good way. The pre-publicity of the episode was 'over kill' - I think the many messages I received was well presented by the show writers, producers and actors. Thank you.

Posted by: RichB in PS | Nov 9, 2011 12:01:38 PM

20. I've heard Poison Arrow in a club. Tracks DC, maybe 1986.

At least someone is apparently having sex: Karofsky. And he looks about 40, so I would hope so. Cub? Not at all.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 9, 2011 12:03:12 PM

21. Oh, and in 1986 I was 14, so it's not just bars/clubs in small towns that allow the underaged. Having a "young look" makes more money.

I must say that the drag queens at that bar were awful. Why not do a number featuring them? In the 5 seconds they were on screen....

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 9, 2011 12:05:56 PM

22. The drag queens should definitely have done a number! And Kurt's disdain for drag seemed shockingly out of character.

I also thought it was odd that they called it "Drag Queen Night Wednesday" as if that's only a one-night-a-week thing. It would have made more sense if they were out on Retro night given the music.

Posted by: endo | Nov 9, 2011 12:11:17 PM

23. Are we really picking apart the look, feel, and sounds of a fake gay bar in Lima, Ohio? It looked a lot like the gay bar I went to in Saginaw, MI. Like it opened in the 80s and never renovated. Plus, the Glee bar (Scandals) had some older guys in it so maybe they played the 80s on the juke box. Not every bar in the world is WeHo's The Abbey or Chicago's Sidetrack.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Nov 9, 2011 12:20:19 PM

24. "Are we really picking apart the look, feel, and sounds of a fake gay bar in Lima, Ohio?"

The rest of the show is so embarrassingly bad and not worth talking about... so yes, yes we are.

Posted by: endo | Nov 9, 2011 12:35:54 PM

25. Bar seemed pretty authentic to me. But you ladies never miss a chance to complain.

Posted by: Keithy | Nov 9, 2011 1:14:55 PM