Music | Music Video | News | Pet Shop Boys

First Look: Pet Shop Boys 'Did You See Me Coming?' Video

Psbcoming

The Pet Shop Boys have posted the video for their new single, "Did You See Me Coming?"

The PSB shot the video on April 22. The video was directed by Douglas Hart, former bassist for the JEsus and Mary Chain. The PSB twittered this photo (below) of Hart and Tennant on set back when they were shooting.

Watch the clip (it's very "Minimal"-esque), AFTER THE JUMP...

Hart_tennant

Comments

1. That is quite possibly the worst video I have ever seen.

Dull, cheap, ugly, pointless, and completely unrelated to the song.

A homeless person with a Flip Mino and iMovie could do better.

Posted by: Naha | May 14, 2009 4:30:17 PM

2. LOL I'm a diehard PSB fan and I agree -- the video suuuucks. And they are descending into cliche... the bowler hat is idiotic. Don't you think Neil looks like a child molester?

In all truth the song should be sung by a much younger act.

Posted by: Dan | May 14, 2009 4:46:10 PM

3. aw-uh-huh. they are the rogers and hammerstein of current pop, yet the videography has always been kinda dodgy. loved the J&MC back in the day, but come on! With all the great talent out there, it's hard to believe that PSBs settled but such a mundane, blah video. sorry - but not something worth a bookmark or share out)

Posted by: brian | May 14, 2009 5:39:19 PM

4. this video is surprisingly bland. and no, i didn't see that coming.

Posted by: jackaoa | May 14, 2009 6:20:53 PM

5. surprisingly bland. and no, i didn't see that coming.

Posted by: jackaoa | May 14, 2009 6:24:31 PM

6. The latest album is terrific, this song is terrific...the video, not so much.

Posted by: J. J. | May 14, 2009 6:44:54 PM

7. Appalling... even worse than the one with the mice running about on the Tube. Oh for the days of Bruce Weber.

Posted by: ka-os | May 14, 2009 7:03:29 PM

8. The song and new album are GREAT. I mean really good. That video was dull but videos are pretty much dead anyway, who cares.

Posted by: segaspeedo | May 14, 2009 7:05:04 PM

9. I can't wait until you all get old and DO NOTHING because you think people are "too old" to do anything.

I'm 25, btw... I'm just aware that I won't always be.

Go on with you bad selves Neil and Chris! No one does it like you do.

Posted by: Michael C. | May 14, 2009 9:32:07 PM

10. segaspeedo's comment is exactly right.

And Michael C. sounds wiser than most fifty-year olds.

Posted by: Miles | May 14, 2009 9:57:42 PM

11. Love the album, love the PSBs, but this isn't the next single I would have chosen and the video is repetitive and lifeless. Their videos used to be almost consistently amazing...if videos are dead, they shouldn't have bothered making this one. I can't see it attracting new fans or engaging old ones.

Posted by: Paul R | May 14, 2009 10:21:42 PM

12. "A homeless person with a Flip Mino and iMovie could do better."

That's the same thing I thought when I watched that Josh & Josh movie on here a couple of weeks ago.

Posted by: paul c | May 14, 2009 10:46:32 PM

13. What have we gotten from the Pet Shop Boys in the last 15 years or so? Camp stares? I can do without camp stares. They belong in a bygone era where homosexuality was telegraphed in the form of camp stares and teapot poses.

Posted by: jason | May 15, 2009 12:27:43 AM

14. The Josh & Josh short had a lot more going for it than this video. A whole lot more.

And Jason, I agree with you a bit, but not entirely. The bored stares and static performances of the PSBs have left me tired---artists need to adjust and refine their art from time to time. But they still sometimes make great music (especially when producing other people; see Disco 4, easily one of my favorite CDs from them even though they have only two songs on it). And I thank you for introducing the term teapot pose to my vocabulary.

Posted by: Paul R | May 15, 2009 2:14:46 AM

15. Why does a video have to be a knock-down, dragged out production? Why can't it just be a simple video with the artists singing? I like it for its minimalism. BTW if you've seen them live you'd know that Neil doesn't move or dance during the entire show. They hire eye candy go-go boys for that and it's much appreciated.

Posted by: Ric | May 15, 2009 8:37:18 AM

16. check out version 1.2 of this video!

Posted by: tomatoMM | May 18, 2009 9:59:25 AM