Buju Banton: ‘There is No End to the War Between Me and Faggot’

Banton

Despite having met with a group of gay leaders and activists this week, Jamaican 'murder music' singer Buju Banton says his attitude toward gays has not changed:

"This is a fight, and as I said in one of my songs 'there is no end to
the war between me and faggot' and it's clear. The same night after I
met with them (gay associates), they pepper-sprayed the concert. So
what are you trying to tell me? I owe dem nothing, they don't owe I nothing."

Bnton He said he only met with them because Supervisor Bevan Dufty, who is running for San Francisco Mayor, asked him to:

"It is not about boxing food out my mouth, if a that I would have
surrendered to the system a long time ago. The mayor
of San Francisco, or the mayor-to-be, claimed that I was in his
district and that it was imperative for him and his organisation to
meet with me to further see what kind of personality or character (I
have)."

Banton said he will continue on despite cancellations, which he added aren't hurting him: "I have two-and-a-half more weeks and let me tell you this, if a show
has been cancelled or postponed by this group of people, it has been
picked up and replaced in another venue. Let the struggle continue. Pray for I, don't cry for I."

Banton's L.A. show, which was initially cancelled, was rebooked on the DL. A protest was reportedly held in front of the Cabana Club last night.

Comments

1. GM says

And look at those stupid MFers in that picture. Happy? Proud? Think you’ve achieved something besides a multi-cultural mutual stroke session in furtherance of Dufty’s political ambitions?

What a stupid stunt — giving credence where none is due.

I would have shoved my fingers down my throat and vomited on his head.

2. Wes says

read the comments on the “Jamaica Observer” article. almost all of them are supportive of Buju and hateful towards gays, all while ironically accusing the gays of being intolerant and demanding.

3. jeff says

Is the HIV infection rate among men who have sex with men still out of control in Jamaica like it was a few years back? It’s partly because of fuckers like this. Who are the nightclub managers in the U.S. booking this guy?

4. B says

The gay community needs to quit holding events at Ritual and start boycotting all of Sunset Entertainment Group venues as well. Too bad, I kind of like the Pig ‘n’ Whistle. They have a hot bartender.

5. Derrick from Philly says

Buju is one selfish, irresponsible, mentally ill motha’ fucka’. He doesn’t give a crap about his native country or the people in it. All he cares about is smoking that crap to forget his years as a male prostitute. It’s ugly, but also sad.

6. says

For the last two years or so, anytime one of these Murder Music people try to come to Toronto, the community rallies and they get cancelled or denied entry to the country.

You (and by ‘you’ i mean American gays) don’t have to stand for it. We need to create a continent that sends a clear message to these people: you are not ever going to be welcome.

7. Mike K says

I hate these “change hearts and minds” fuckwads. If your meeting with Buju to do anything other than kick the shit out of him your not doing so on my behalf.

8. says

I called this as soon as it first happened, and not because I’m some brilliant wiz kid. Just a few clicks sends you to all the info you need on this man. He is NEVER going to be changed. Shame on the idiots who posed with him in this picture.

9. says

PLEASE. You think one meeting with Buju was going to change his mind? That’s the same as Keith Olbermann meeting with Rush Limbaugh and expecting Rush to start supporting Obama and the left.

Buju has to go back to Jamaica and face his fans which is probably why that statement was issued – to show them in Jamaica that he did not “convert” after the meeting.

Someone on here had it right – “be mean to the gays and everyone will think that I’m not gay”. Rumors about his sexuality has been circulating around Jamaica for YEARS.

But again, I beg of you: do not judge a country based on the actions of a few. Remember Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Bolton?

10. Jim says

I despise this horrible island and everyone on it. All tourism to the island should cease – and once Cuba opens up, it probably will. They are lazy, backward morons. The behavior of a reggae singer should surprise no one.

11. Derrick from Philly says

@JIM,

tings aint like dey used to be, huh? Da Rent boys dem done raised dey prices. And you tink da Cuban boys will be docile? Ah don’t tink so, mahn. Try Thailand next time.

12. RJP3 says

Straight Supremacy spurred on by Christian Supremacy on that once glorious island now damaged beyond repair by “christianity”.

This guy is a thug with a gang mentality.
    He sees gay people as a gang – “they” peppered sprayed my show.

Just a common low life.

13. Lexxvs says

Hope he gets sick and need a surgery. And just into the operation table and when he already is getting into the anesthesia effects, he can a see a very campy doctor brandishing the scalpel in a very colorful way.

14. Gregoire says

What gay person would be going to Jamaica in the first place? Its the least tolerant country in the Caribbean. So many other islands to go to with gay-friendlier attitudes.

15. Androjai says

He needs to go away, like right now. I thought pot heads were suppossed to be mellow, nice people. Go back to your shitty little island you hate-spewing ass!

16. hank says

Jamaica is a filthy hell-hole, full of stupid violent ass-holes. Stay away from it. Strangle their tourist dollars. There are plenty of other islands to visit.. Try St Lucia.

17. says

Look, this guy is an asshole… but all this hateful, racist, classicist vitriol against Jamaica, Jamaicans and reggae (you are the moron of you’re going to denigrate the influence of Reggae on ALL of popular music including punk, blues jazz, dance and all electronic music). The comments on this site are really shocking sometimes…

18. says

See?

Now is the time to hate on Buju Banton. I wish people hating on the gays who met with him would think things through a little. Now that he’s gone back on his word, again, it will be much harder for idiots like SF Weekly’s Eric Arnold to claim that racism is behind gay anger at Buju Banton.

Arnold lied and claimed that gay activists pepper sprayed Banton’s San Francisco concert. SF Weekly editor Tom Walsh refuses to apologize for allowing Arnold to make the BAnton concert their “pick of the day” for the anniversay of Matthew Shepard’s death. THOSE two– not the people who met with Banton– deserve your hate and scorn.

Banton is now on record again in 2009 saying that the war between he and faggot is not over. Good. Makes it easier to shut him down.

19. Bill says

I knew there was something up when I saw all the pictures and Buju Banton was not smiling in any of them.

Keep fighting this anti-gay bigot and get all his shows cancelled.

20. says

@ JIM

Speaking for my country, two things:

1. You said you’ve been visiting there for 20 years due to work, so you despise us but have absolutely no qualms about taking our money to support your hedonistic lifestyle,innit? And….

2. Fuck you and the arrogant idealistic horse you rode in on.

Again, I’m NOT defending Buju but question the motives to judge an entire country based on a few reports.

21. says

AND TO EVERYONE WHO CALLS JAMAICA NAMES, back off, okay?

– we kicked ASS in the Olympics and World Games, and we ARE number 1 per capita in the world in athletics.
    – we DID place ahead of the USA in the bobsled category in our initial entry.
    – our music is known world-wide, a great achievement for an island of only 2.8 million.
    – our cuisine is legendary
    – our beaches have won numerous awards
    – we WERE the country that created the “all-inclusive” hotel concept.
    – out island is the acknowledged diplomatic core for the Caribbean and South America.
    – our Blue Mountain coffee is the best in the world.

So, go ahead – call us names. We’re still a proud people.

Assholes……

22. Derrick from Philly says

@ CARIBTONY,

Amen. That judging a whole people is what gets me too. When they do it, they sound like a bunch of smug, exploitive (and of course, racist) bitches….with bad dental work. Hell, they give “tourist” a bad name…especially “gay tourist”.

23. martin says

Buju Banton is a homosexual, hopefully he can come to terms with his sexuality and effect positive change in his country, instead of promoting hatred and violence

24. Gregoire says

So are you all saying that Jamaica is a gay friendly country and GO JAMAICA! Has something changed since 2006, when Time Magazine wrote a piece called ‘The Most Homophobic Place on Earth’?

This is not based on race or class, but actual laws and practices of the country. Buju Banton is a natural reflection of that ignorance and those practices.

I’m just pointing out that most people on here would do better to choose another Carribean country if they are going on vacation.

25. Alan says

I always find it odd that countries that were formerly colonies, such as Jamaica are always so homophobic and cite Christianity as their reason for it. I mean, do they even see the irony? The fact that the religion forced upon them by their colonizers, which was once used to oppress them, is now being used by them to oppress others.

Seriously, these backward ass countries would be better off being colonies. Obviously the locals have no idea what is good governance and civil order. Before anyone calls me racist or whatever, just look at Jamaica, which practically ranks number one in drug crime and rape. Wow, thank Jesus for that! The 3rd world shit holes deserve to be third world.

Reggae and hip hop are disgusting, they are homophobic, misogynistic, and encourage degenerate behavior. If any group that we needed to have a war declared on it would be those degenerates that plague society with crime.

26. Derrick from Philly says

ALAN, AGAIN, how did it happen? Did colonial rule and slavery have something to do with it? Or, are Jamaicans just inferior people? Are West Africans inferior people? If so, then that means that people of African descent in the Western Hemisphere are inferior people. I don’t like no white man telling me that I am inferior.

27. Alan says

@ Derrick from Philly

All I was saying is that people that used to be victims of oppression from religious dogma shouldn’t turn it around and use it to hate others. Furthermore, I also said that Jamaica along with some other former colonies are pretty backward and crime ridden. I mean, these are facts. How is this racist? Don’t go calling the PC police on me, thanks. As for hip-hop and reggae, I don’t know how anyone can say that it is not homophobic and doesn’t encourages bad behavior, I mean, turn on the freaking radio.

…and FYI I’m not white.

28. Derrick from Philly says

“…and FYI I’m not white.”

Then you understand, ALAN, how difficult this subject for Gay Jamaicans, Gay Africans and Gay Americans (North & South) of African Descent. We are separate when it comes to nationality, cultures, religion, views of beauty, music, etc. But we are ONE in the eyes of white racism.

I’d say that 90% of my gay-bashing experiences were at the hands of black men (and a few gals too). THat might give me every reason to hate my own race, and become what some black gays call “a snow queen”. But I can’t. THose 10% of my gay-bashing experiences from white men were also black-bashing experiences–it has an impact, ALAN. I will always be black….an American of African Descent.

When I’m around black folks, I am gay first and black second. When I am around white folks, I am black first, and gay second. I didn’t create that circumstance. It was created for me.

29. Alan says

@Derrick from Philly

Look, I don’t care what race or ethnicity anyone is. I just don’t like cultures that promote homophobic behavior, whether religious, ethnic, or whatever. In those cultures that ARE homophobic I think they should be encouraged to change or be marginalized. Those that do not afford tolerance to others first do not deserve to be tolerated. I know not every Christian or Jamaican is homophobic, no one is saying that. What I am saying, however, is that there are trends in certain groups and it shouldn’t be inappropriate to point that out.

30. says

Let me give you a dose of your own medicine using headlines on Towleroad from this week alone to judge the USA:

– Catholic League’s Bill Donohue: Gay Adoption Against Nature
    – Interracial Couple Denied Marriage License in Louisiana
    – 53 House GOP Sign on to Anti-Gay Witch Hunt
    – Illinois Teacher Receives Warning for ‘Black Fag’ Comment
    – Alleged NYC Gay Basher’s Father Speaks Out

Oooooo, based on these headlines I think the USA is filled with ignorant, racist, gay basing, bible-thumping witch hunting people and is a cesspool of a country fill with asholes..(oh wait)……..

DON’T GO AND VISIT!!! THEY’LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WITH THEIR BIBLES AND CROSSES!!!!

31. says

“Reggae and hip hop are disgusting, they are homophobic, misogynistic, and encourage degenerate behavior.”

“Also, I don’t understand this “gay culture is dominated by white people” talk. I mean, who cares? It’s not like there’s membership dues to be part of “gay culture.”

“and FYI I’m not white.

@ALAN: But do want to be?

32. Alan says

@ Caribtony

Yeah, believe me I’m not a fan of the US either. Look every country has crazy people, no one is denying that. I’m sure there are homophobic people in Sweden too. But that doesn’t change the fact that comparatively Jamaica is way more homophobic that Sweden and that should be pointed out, and hopefully changed. To just say “well there are crazy people everywhere so all cultures are equal” is total denial BS.

@ Derek Washington

Umm, no I don’t have a desire to be white. Do I have to love reggae and hip-hop to be a minority? FYI, I’m not black either. I don’t know why some people have this “minority vs whites” mentality. We’re all equal. Saying that a person of an ethnic minority who is also “mainstream” is selling out or whatever is just counter-productive.

33. Kevin says

Landon Bryce touched on this, but I wanted to make sure it’s clear that it was not the protesters who pepper sprayed the audience. Eric Arnold (a journalist with or contributor to the SF Weekly) claimed in an article that the protesters rushed the door during the concert, rushed inside, and sprayed the audience. This was long after the protesters had already left (once the concert started, the audience was already inside and their point had been made), and was based solely on information provided by Buju Banton’s representatives without any contact with either the club nor the protestors. The club’s marketing manager immediately called the SF Weekly to clarify that the incident had nothing to do with the organized protest, and also publicly reached out to the protests’ organizers on Facebook to publicly exonerate them.

I wanted to stress this because elsewhere I’ve seen some people deplore the protesters’ actions, when in fact they were completely nonviolent.

Also, not a huge fan of Bevan Dufty, but in fairness he was pretty vocal about his concerns after the meeting with Buju and continued to support the planned protests even after the meeting. The meeting was necessary because Buju’s P.R. people were arguing that it was an old song that Buju no longer performed and no longer agreed with its sentiments. The delegation that met with Buju needed to make sure that wasn’t just P.R. spin. Unfortunately, his subsequent comments seem to have belied that, and let’s hope other venues don’t fall for that spin any more.

34. Attmay says

Since you brought up Christianity, read Wikipedia’s article (yeah, I know, but this isn’t exactly a college course) on the country, and learn how sub-Sarahan Africans got there: white
    Christian slave owners brought them there.

The indigineous people of the island were Tainos and Arawaks, whom the Spanish (Columbus landed there in 1494 and claimed it for Spain) treated badly, and many of them died of diseases carried by Spanish settlers.

35. John in Boston says

That photo is an embarrassment. PLEASE make sure Dufty doesn’t win.

It would be interesting to know who allowed this dude to be booked into their clubs.

36. John in Boston says

Reminds of the VERY anti-gay black dude from the Bahamas I used to work with. He also thought U.S. soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan were all ‘pussies’ who deserved to die.

37. TikiHead says

Off topic, but what is that weird grimace on the lady’s face next Closet-case Banton? The only time I get that expression is when I hear someone scrapes the lid on a cheap styrofoam cooler.

38. GrabbinNewscum says

PC middle-class white gay men constantly bowing and scraping and kowtowing to homophobic straight blacks in some kind of bizarre vain effort because they still feel bad about slavery.

39. Mark says

I was recently on a cruise that stopped in Jamaica. If I’d known ahead of time about their cultural attitudes towards gays, I would have re-book a different itinerary.

I’ve been all over the world, including many, many countries less-well-off than Jamaica. Never once have I visited a less friendly, more parasitic locale. I’ve backpacked, alone, throughout Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand… and never once felt the kind of animosity and need to watch my back as I did while I was in Jamaica.

Poverty is no excuse for the attitudes I saw there. I’ve experienced much poorer societies, with less hope — and they’ve been gracious, welcoming and very willing to share an exchange of cultures.

Jamaica has a systemic hatred and lack of morality that goes much deeper than just their hate of the LGBT community.

I’m not trying to paint all Jamaican’s as being cut from the same cloth — but until they get their shit together (as a country), they’re not going to get a lot of warm, fuzzy vibes (or $) from the rest of the world.

40. TylerAnthony says

I don’t think HIV in Jamaica can be attributed to gays, I believe it’s straights who are the strongest carriers of it there.

Once you get out of tourist Jamaica the rest is so backwards and dirty, it’s like night and day.

41. John in Boston says

I grew up next to a neighborhood with a lot of Jamaicans. Jamaicans are NOTORIOUS for being assholes. NOTORIOUS for being racist. They even think they’re better than, and look down on, American blacks.

Now I don’t know why this is because, while other black Caribbeans are just as homophobic, they tend otherwise to be much nicer people.

42. Matt R says

Banton is actually, in my view, worse than Fred Phelps (which is quite a feat). To my knowledge, Fred Phelps has never advocated actually murdering gay people.

Suggestion: Let’s channel this anger into making sure Mr. Banton doesn’t work another single minute in the United States ever again (if not other countries as well); and that no one, at any level (e.g., club owners), profits one penny from his work.

Also, see boycottjamaica.org. Jamaica is not the only homophobic country in the world, but it’s really, really bad for gay people there.

43. Matt R says

PS: Michael Savage was banned from entering the United Kingdom for inciting hate. We have different rules here, but I think it would be completely appropriate to ban Buju Banton from entering the United States.

44. SamK says

It is worthwhile to watch YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ8Z0biU_Zw “Elephant Man Buju Banton Shabba Ranks Boom Bye Bye” In this video, Buju Banton says: “[churches] preach homosexuality is a crime. So what wrong have I done when I say that homosexuality is wrong?”

To the conservative Christian churches and the Rastafarian religion that Buju Banton is familiar with, that believe in the literal truth of the laws in Leviticus in the Bible, homosexuality is not only a crime, it is a capital crime. Buju’s statement in “Boom Bye Bye” is essentially an echo of the call from the Old Testament for execution of gays.

It is also a call for vigilante action against gays, a call that is too often heeded in Jamaica and elsewhere.

It is important to note that Buju Banton is not the only reggae dancehall artiste making such calls http://www.petertatchell.net/popmusic/Dancehall-Dossier-FINAL.pdf Buju is the one making a major tour of the U.S., though.

Buju Banton performs “Boom Bye Bye” much less often these days. The song has been controversial since it was released in 1992. Even though he performs the song less often, perhaps even seldom, the song can be downloaded on Amazon and is available on compilation CDs. Most of Buju’s fans know this song by heart. Buju just says that the song was written a long time ago. He has never repudiated “Boom Bye Bye.”

For more information see http://cancelbujubanton.wetpaint.com/
    and http://www.petertatchell.net/popmusic/buju-bantons-violations-of-the-reggae-compassionate-act.html

45. Mel says

It’s funny how gay people try to act so sophisticated in public but now listen to how ignorant and stupid you sound. Your hate shows, and I thought your trying to end the “hate war”.. This peace by day and war at night mimics your straight by day and gay by night fucked up way of life. Just becuause you want us to accept it doesn’t mean we have to… its repulsive to many people, and we have a right to feel that way… You should focus all this energy on fixing the men who are married to women and are at all the hot spots at night fucking which ever man will bend over…. yes I work at one of those underground places they are all over the friggen country, and maybe we straight people should start bloggin about it so it is public to the world.

46. dee says

…which is why he is cooling his heels behind bars right now, LOLOLOL… It serves him right. I hope that all of that self-righteous indignation and hatred that he has for gay people that never did anything to him, serves him well in jail (moving the same cocaine that he sings against). Maybe if he minded his own damn business instead of breaking into homes and beating the crap out of people who can’t help being gay, he wouldn’t be caught up in this hypocritical stupidness. Ignorant idiot.

47. orlando says

listen to all u little wankers n faggots tryin dis my country wot the man sayin is right battyman faggot gay wot ever u call thm is not right it says so in the bible a man n a man shuld not lie down together is the bible wrong too.and as for jamaicans u lot love our style n food n dance culture n beaches and a nuff mre so dnt evr try diss my country lil faggots

48. jahra says

wah wrong with buju banton, nuthing wrong with buju banton, ya people na like him or otha jamican music, den na listen it, live ya life, an do ya things, an na botha, us artists will ya
    is it normal den to be guy na think soo,

bloodklaat ya people realy haf na sence, use a brain, an mek ya life betta, stop ya guy activities, dat is sickness,

AN BANTON NA SING TO KILL YA PEOPLE BANTON NA TELL US TO KILL YA PEOPLE, DO NORMAL MAN, GET BLOODKLAAT SENCE

49. AllTruth1 says

My commentary will be posted in three parts:

Part 1:

This response is exclusively for CARIBTONY who posted a commentary about Jamaica on October 16, 2009, on Towleroad.com. CARIBTONY, I will try to refrain from calling you out as a degenerate, demonic bugger. Oops, I said I will try to refrain from that. Anyway, let me address the disparaging remarks that you made about the island of Jamaica and its citizens.

“Having traveled through Jamaica many times for work (I’ve been there over 20 times) I can say, without a hint of racial prejudice, that they are the most ignorant, backward and hostile people I have ever met. They hate white people and tourists, even though the tourists are their only real industry. The island produces little or nothing in the way of products other than marijuana and jerk sauce. The Jamaicans are still in the slave mentality, where white slave owners abused and colonized them. As a culture, they are one step above savages. Violence is a way of life for them – a way to settle arguments and establish authority. They are on the same cultural level as the Taliban. Poverty and ignorance are widespread. The school system is a joke, even though all the kids wear uniforms. Hatred of gays is preached everywhere – from the schools, pulpit, on TV. One local TV show features a recurring sketch with men in drag who get beaten. Beating up homos is entertainment to them. I despise this horrible island and everyone on it. All tourism to the island should cease – and once Cuba opens up, it probably will. They are lazy, backward.”

Addressing your charge that the people of Jamaica are the most ignorant, backward and hostile people you have ever met, I REFUTE EVERY WORD OF YOUR IGNORANT, BACKWARD AND HOSTILE STATEMENT. The people of Jamaica are some of the most socially-conscious, spiritually-aware, and proud people I have ever met. The people of this little island have been at the forefront of the black-conscious/liberation movement from the beginning of the island’s history when the fierce and valiant Ashantis who were called the Maroons fought against British domination and liberated themselves in the 1700’s to become the first autonomous people of African descent in the Western Hemisphere. Later on in the country’s history, Marcus Mosiah Garvey and others enlightened the Jamaican people about their African heritage and from then the Rastafarian movement was born. From the Rastafarian culture, Jamaicans created a revolutionary music form known from one corner of the globe to the other, as there are few countries where Reggae music does not move and groove the people. The developing world’s first international superstar, Robert Nesta Marley a.k.a. Bob Marley was a Jamaican. Furthermore, Bob Marley was not the first and won’t be the last Jamaican the world recognizes for contribution to our human experience. Today, many Reggae artists sing of one-love and freedom for the oppressed. The Jamaican people’s support of Reggae music and its many positive messages demonstrate that Jamaicans are not ignorant, backward and hostile.

50. AllTruth1 says

My commentary will be posted in three parts:

Part 2:

Addressing your charge that Jamaicans hate white people and white tourists, even though the tourists are their only industry. Perhaps, the reason that many Jamaicans feel hostility towards white tourists is because they truly understand what many whites are about, i.e., many white tourist go to islands like Jamaica and bring with them attitudes such as yours. Many Jamaicans are not fooled by hypocritical whites who want to be treated as kings and queens by “the natives” when they come to Jamaica but when Jamaicans go to their countries then whites treat them like second-class citizens. White tourists have for years come to islands like Jamaica with their strong currencies and have exploited impoverished young girls and boys by buying sex from those children. Jamaicans are against the molestation of their children and many white tourists have been guilty of immoral acts against Jamaican youth who they rent for sex.

Addressing your charge of Jamaicans being one step above savages, well, sir/Madame, I can think of no greater display of savages than whites who have travelled the globe with the mentality of “kill, steal and destroy.” Is there a culture on the face of this earth that whites have not devastated? The savagery which whites displayed towards Native Americans throughout North, Central and South America is visible today in the diminished stature of the once blessed with land and resources Native people. By the way, some Jamaicans have Native American ancestry via the Arawak Indians of Jamaica. Moreover, the savagery which whites displayed towards Africans enslaved in North, Central and South America is visible today in the disenfranchisement of blacks in the Diaspora who suffer from the remnants of slavery and colonization. The once noble Hebrew Israelites such as, the Ashanti who fled Jerusalem during Babylonian invasions then sojourned to West Africa were in later centuries forced onto slave ships and brought to Jamaica. Ashanti, Ibos, etc. were originally Hebrew Israelites forced into slavery in Jamaica by whites who brutalized them and labeled them niggers, instead of labeling who they are – The Lost Sheep of Yisrael (Hebrew Israelites). However, Jamaicans are not allowed what the world allows groups such as, the “Khazar Jewish coverts” and that is the Jews are allowed to never forget the atrocities that were committed against them. But, oh, no Jamaicans are not allowed to feel resentment for the injustices whites inflicted upon them throughout many centuries. Also, over the last decades, whites have caused more suffering in Jamaica via imperialist tools as exploitative Multinational Corporation, i.e., white-owned bauxite corporations, white-owned sugar cane companies, etc.

Addressing your charge about Jamaica’s violence, I must agree that there is a lot of violence in Jamaica. However, during the past decades, many of the weapons were smuggled there via white-owned transport for the purpose of arming the impoverished youth in the ghettos/garrisons with weapons to kill political leaders that white-ruled countries were against. My case and point: during the political and social upheavals of the 1970s, 1980s & 1990s, the United States CIA and State Department were active in supplying Jamaican gun-men with guns to attack Michael Manley’s supporters so obviously Manley would lose the elections. A political-culture of gun violence developed with US backing. Please read BORN FE DEAD by Laura Gunns, a Harvard educated writer who lived in Jamaica for a decade before writing the book cited. In addition, many Jamaican youth are influenced by violent Hollywood movies which really export violence. Sadly, many behaviors that Jamaicans now have were learned behaviors from their centuries of encounters with the barbarian-like, racist people from Europe who destroyed the psyche of generations of Jamaican people.

51. AllTruth1 says

This is the third part of my commentary to CARIBTONY’s posting of October 16, 2009.

Part 3:

Addressing your charge that Jamaicans are lazy, I wholeheartedly rebut that lie. Worldwide Jamaicans are recognized as being industrious people. A common joke in American about Jamaicans is about how many jobs they hold at one time. Jamaicans living on the island do not have the employment opportunities that Jamaicans abroad have for the simple reason that it is a poor country; it has been forced into a position of indebtedness through the evil-hands of imperialism and poor leadership by leaders who allowed international organizations like the IMF and World Bank to destroy its economy with austere measures for loans. During the 1970’s under the leadership of Prime Minister Michael Manley, Jamaica’s economy was good and its currency more solid than the US dollar. Look up these facts by using United Nations Development resources. Also, look at the documentary LIFE&DEBT about the role imperialism played in destroying Jamaica’s economy. On a lighter note, the hard work of the Jamaican athletes in Beijing, China in 2008 showed how hard-working Jamaicans are; the athletes were Jamaica’s ambassadors and represented the hard-working attitude of Jamaicans, as they won eleven medals and placed Jamaica in the 20th position of medal winners out of over 100 countries.

Addressing the homophobia in Jamaica, I can only say that I don’t condone the killing of any group of people because another group does not like them. However, I do applaud the vigor with which Jamaicans are fighting to keep their country a primarily heterosexual one. If the entire human race decided to practice homosexuality then humanity would cease to exist. You know, many homosexuals want their cake and eat it too, as the expression goes. They want to practice the Gay lifestyle (Gay sex) but use the heterosexual norm of procreation to have children for their Gay unions. Jamaicans see the Gay lifestyle for what it truly is: SIMPLY CONTRA-PROCREATION, DOWNRIGHT DEMONIC IN ITS ESSENCE AND MANY STEPS AWAY FROM BEING THE REFLECTION OF THE DIVINE CREATOR OF THIS AWESOME UNIVERSE.

Finally, for all the arguments that I presented in my rebuttal of your bias commentary about Jamaica and Jamaicans, I URGE YOU TO EDUCATE YOURSELF SO THAT YOUR IGNORANCE WILL CEASE, ELEVATE YOUR THINKING ABOVE YOUR GENITAL AREA SO THAT YOU WILL NOT CONTINUE TO BE BACKWARDS AND SEEK PROFESSIONAL COUNSELING SO THAT YOUR HOSTILITY TOWARDS JAMAICANS WILL STOP. ONE LAST NOTE, SAVE YOUR SOUL BY TURNING FROM HATE AND MOVING TOWARDS LOVE!

ALL PRAISES TO YAH, THE MOST HIGH!

52. AllTruth1 says

TO ALL HOMOSEXUALS & LESBIANS:

The US Government is skilled at setting up black men who stand for right.

The US Government set up another Jamaican named Marcus Mosiah Garvey who was charged with mail fraud, in order to prevent Garvey’s “Back to Africa Movement” from succeeding.

It is most likely that Gay Lobbyists and US Government conspired to entrap Mark Myrie a.k.a Buju Banton, as he’s a thorn in the side of the Gay Community because he wont sing in support of Gays.

53. AllTruth1 says

TO ALL HOMOSEXUALS & LESBIANS:

Some Gays have been going around stating that Buju Banton was a “rent boy”. To their statement, I say ‘so what’.

Yeah, Jamaican men like Buju are very skilled with what The Most High endowed them which is a nice tool. Trust me I know. And, it is the sexual prowess of many Jamaican men that makes women from all over the world come to Jamaica to experience sexual pleasure from these talented brothers.

So, if Buju was as some Gays have stated a “rent boy” then I wholeheartedly believe that Buju use his sexual talent to please the tourist women and because there have been so many of these type of tourist women going to Jamaica over the years then Buju would have been able to get great monetary compensation from those tourist women.

Finally, Gays are trying to use every and any dirt that they can find on Buju to debase him but one of the lowest state-of-being on earth is being GAY.

54. AllTruth1 says

WHY I SUPPORT BUJU AND JAMAICA ON THEIR STANCE AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY

According to 2008 data from Jamaica:

32% of men who have sex with other men are HIV positive.

The largest infection rates are in the Gay Community.

Gays are pretending they’re not gay so, they marry rapidly and have children rapidly to regularize themselves.

And, that’s really a ticking bomb because this target group which has high levels of HIV infections are interacting with the general population and in doing so are either unintentionally or intentionally infecting the general population.

These facts in the form of data provided by officials in Jamaica show the extent to which Gays have affected the lives of the general population in Jamaica.

So, yes, the Government of Jamaica, health practitioners, educators and anyone in the business of disseminating information should collaboratively institute policy to educate gays in Jamaica about spreading HIV.

After instituting HIV policy for information to the Jamaican people then the government should institute more austere criminal penalities for Gays who live on the down-low and intentionally infect others with HIV.

In addition, Jamaicans should continue their opposition towards the practice of homosexuality but pragmatically, they can not stop homosexual thoughts and physical appearances; therefore, counseling should be offered to the Gay Community in Jamaica.

55. lauren miller says

THE GAY ORGANIZATION MADE IT CLEAR THAT THERE’S NO END TO THE WAR. WHAT THE HELL YOU CALL FIGHTING ONE ARTIST CAREER FOR OVER 17 YEARS. SO MANY HIPHOP ARTISTE HAVE SAID WORST THINGS,EVEN THE POPE CALLED HOMOSEXUALS UNGODLY AND NEITHER OF THEM HAS GOT THE SAME NEGATIVE ATTENTION THAT THESE GAY ORGANIZATIONS HAS GIVEN BUJU, A ARTIST WHO HAS A AIDS ORGANIZATION, THAT WELCOMES EVERYONE. BUJU IS AT WAR WITH THESE GROUPS, NOT WITH THE ENTIRE GAY POPULATION, YALL DON’T EVEN KNOW HIM.

56. SUPPORTREGGAE says

it was a CONSPIRACY! you dont have any idea what kind of LIFE buju had, WHY he hates gay people – or wait, did your country (& fellow jamaicans) get raped in the ass (no matter if women, men or child) in front of you to BREAK YOUR SPIRIT AND HOPE? no? they didnt? well i guess then you CANNOT UNDERSTAND! BATTY FUCKIN’ WRONG! FAGGOTS WRONG! MAN & MAN SHOULD NEVA EVA BE TOGEDDA!!! FREE BUJU! FREE UP DI GENERAL!

57. Rose says

As far as i am concerned it is freedom of speech..if he doesn’t like gays well thats his opinion..everyone is entitled to their own opinion…what about the racism and discrimination that goes on in America and around the world ,mainly toward people of African descent…if it really bothers gays so much, then maybe they should all get together and create their own country and live a gay and happy life their…