Comments

1. Rowan says

@ Crispy

Yeah. People in Asia, Africa, South America who are OBSESSED with football.

And of course the whole of Europe.

Our boy is one of the greatest footballers ever…

2. crispy says

Rowan, I said in America. I guess I should have been more specific: Is this campaign running in America where few people know who he is?

And personally, I don’t think he’s that great. He takes so many dives he spends most of his games lying on the pitch. Lionel Messi runs rings around Ronaldo.

3. B-rod says

Attractive body and a very nice, muscular form but was it necessary to dip his body in a vat of Nair? For god sakes, is having SOME body hair that disgusting to anyone/everyone?

Why do all male models (and for that matter, athletes) lately aspire to look like 10 year old boys? Oops, I meant 10 year old girls. Ewww.

4. KURT says

VERY PRETTY. HOWEVER I WONDER WHAT HE REALLY LOOKS LIKE. THESE HAVE BEEN SO HEAVILY AIRBRUSHED THAT THERE IS VIRTUALLY NOTHING LEFT OF THE ORIGINAL BOY. TOO BAD. HE’S GREAT LOOKING WITHOUT NATURALLY.

5. anastasia beverhausen says

OMG it’s Cindy Crawford in a yoga toned body! I sooooo dont see the appeal of a hairless overtweezed self obsessed dumbass. Soccer is all about masculinity. There are so many soccer studs out there. Check Ibrahim Affelay guys, or Iker Casillas….

6. steve says

meh

dude looks plastic

then again, i’m not in Armani’s target group

i’m sure the marketing team knows what they are doing & this sort of guy is what their customers like

i don’t get the appeal of this, but whatever

the lighting is well done though

7. kim says

@crispy: actually, i’m a 53-year-old american wummin who seldom reads towleroad, doesn’t watch european football, and i know who christiano ronaldo is. then again, i DO read d-listed. ;D

8. Nick says

Why do so many men have to get angry over body hair removal? We’re living the time of the bears. Every weekend in every major and minor city in the country you can go be with hairy men. Body hair is back in for gay guys and has been for years. Why criticize the few like Cristiano who enjoy being well-groomed? There are enough different kinds of guys in the world for all of us to be happy.

Happy (Bear Hunting).

9. nanna says

Eww. The girlbrows, overdone hair, makeup and “no hair in sight” -look doesn’t really work for me. Wtf? So this is how men should look nowadays? Not for me thanks.

10. Bizzle says

I think he is definitely better looking in person than in these photos, but why do people assume he has Nair’d anything? Some men don’t have hair all over their body, believe it or not. This idea that it is “natural” to be hairy is ridiculous. It is even more ridiculous to think that it is more “manly.”