Diving | News | Rome

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Man Dives into 3 Feet of Water at Rome's Trevi Fountain

Trevi

In a feat of spectacular aquatic idiocy, a man dives into three feet of water at Rome's Trevi fountain, and is soon arrested.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. i think i'll stick to anita ekberg & marcello mastroianni from now on.

Posted by: alguien | Mar 17, 2010 2:38:24 PM

2. it looks like he knows what he is doing, diving in a shallow dive using the water to cushion his fall. i would say he got more damage slipping whilst getting out than from the dive seeing he still had not got up after that slip, when the video ended haha.

Posted by: anthony | Mar 17, 2010 2:57:42 PM

3. Yeah like Anthony said, it seemed like he was fine after the jumps. Maybe he made a wish that he'd be okay before both dives. Too bad he didn't make one before getting out.

Posted by: Matt McD | Mar 17, 2010 3:06:20 PM

4. I was in Rome last summer and my hotel was 30 meters from the Trevi. Everyday, I'd be walking by and everyday there was someone in the fountain, all of whom were eventually arrested. I admit that the water looked awfully inviting in 35 degree heat.

Posted by: Willig | Mar 17, 2010 3:27:34 PM

5. scemo

Posted by: gomez | Mar 17, 2010 4:05:26 PM

6. I had a patient who did that once. That person is now a quadriplegic.

Stupid, stupid move.

Posted by: The Milkman | Mar 17, 2010 4:47:12 PM

7. What is particularly hilarious about the video, is the voice-over by the midwestern mom voice.

Mom: "Well when he gets out, he's in trouble, so..."
    Gay: "Is he going to die?"
    Mom: "Well he better not!"

Posted by: jctrain | Mar 17, 2010 4:59:20 PM

8. Um, the guy obviously slammed into the bottom with his arms. If he's been experienced at shallow dives, he would have hit the water at less of an angle, only gone slightly under, and coasted much further.

Posted by: Griff | Mar 17, 2010 5:05:02 PM

9. That is one very lucky fool!

Posted by: jaragon | Mar 17, 2010 6:05:16 PM

10. Phew! Close. I'm just glad that the bottom of the fountain was there to break his fall before he avoided injury.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 17, 2010 7:07:24 PM

11. What's really amazing is that the Trevi fountain is so filthy!
    He must of been drunk and experienced. I have never learned how to dive in my life. A kid in my neighborhood
    ended up a quadriplegic diving into a pool and that scared
    me off diving forever. I admit, it's looks sexy and sporty, but, I'd rather just slowly slip in.

Posted by: eric/nyc | Mar 17, 2010 9:08:10 PM

12. Fvckstain. Wonder how many people got pick-pocketed while watching this asshole.
    Reminds me of the jackass Euro tourist who climbed up on a statue in Florence and broke the hand off.

Posted by: Shane | Mar 18, 2010 7:35:26 AM

13. Before the arrest, he should have deleted all the recordings taken in the crowd. Those dives were just lousy belly-flops!

Posted by: Drew | Mar 19, 2010 2:22:21 AM

14. What is the fine for jumping in there?

Posted by: MAtt | Jun 3, 2010 7:30:46 AM