China | Hurricanes | Jimmy Kimmel | Lady Gaga | Levi Johnston | Mel Gibson | Nature | News | Sports | Thomas Jane | True Blood | Twitter

News: Thomas Jane, Levi Johnston, Hurricanes, Homophobia

road Like father, like son.

Gaga road Lady Gaga plays Vegas, is still dedicating "Boys Boys Boys" to her gay fans.

road The Queens Pride House, which caters to all people in the LGBT community in NYC, is in the midst of some big financial trouble.

road Thomas Jane and Patricia Arquette hang up their marriage. Again.

road Jazz singer Abbey Lincoln dead at 80.

road It's been scientifically proven: The best way to pour champagne is at a tilt.

road Milk is the latest tainted food scare from China.

road Never before seen deleted scene from Return of the Jedi.

road Sharks are even smarter than you think.

road After telling Levi Johnston that he should run as the naked mayor of Wasilla, Jimmy Kimme quipped, "Levi Johnston is to Sarah Palin what voicemail is to Mel Gibson."

road Glee gets the comic book treatment.

road After their apology last week, Target may now face a boycott from the Right.

Color road A change in the color of ocean waters could have an impact on hurricanes around the world.

road Philadelphia Eagles player Todd Herremans is sorry for his homophobic tweet about True Blood that read, "Not a fan of how they get u hooked w/ 2 seasons then bring on a barrage of homosexuality." Said Herremans: "It was not my intention to offend or hurt anyone."

road Sports Illustrated's Jeff Pearlman on baseball manager Brent Bowers's apology for his anti-gay slurs: "Even in the aftermath of his resignation, Bowers still didn't seem to get it. Yes, he was sorry and upset and all that stuff. But, come day's end, he was a skipper being a skipper. "There were a couple of instances in two games where I got kicked out in the first inning from that umpire, OK?" he told the Edmonton Journal. "And some of my players also got kicked out from that same umpire. I just though, as manager, I needed to go out there and just ask why is this happening to me and us, and it just came to a point then where I just started saying bad things to him, and for that I'm sorry."

Comments

1. Regarding Target getting whipsawed by boycotts from both sides: Good. Fuck 'em. And I haven't been near a Sears (for Craftsman tools, the only thing they've got that isn't K-Mart crap) since I found out they give money to the Texas GOP. I used to buy quite a bit from Lands End, but since they're owned by Sears Holdings their catalogs go right in the garbage now. See how this works boys? You don't get to use my own money against me!

Posted by: The Other Anastasia Beaverhausen | Aug 14, 2010 11:09:27 PM

2. "Jimmy Kimme quipped, "Levi Johnston is to Sarah Palin what voicemail is to Mel Gibson." "

Yeah, but Jimmy Kimmel is to comedy what e. coli is to haute cuisine.

Posted by: David | Aug 15, 2010 12:39:33 AM

3. I've been to many gay events where Target is the main sponsor. I don't feel any recent action by Target warrants any action by me.

Posted by: Jeff | Aug 15, 2010 10:55:18 AM

4. TARGET: Maybe, just maybe... businesses should just stay out of the political donation game?

I can't imagine how many other businesses have donated however much to who.
    Maybe if campaigns weren't about $$ and about issues, massive companies wouldn't put themselves in this position.

I think the best thing to come out of this TARGET thing is an awareness that wasn't there before.

Posted by: JimmyDj | Aug 15, 2010 11:02:11 AM

5. It's sad to read about the Queens Pride House. What's really telling is that Councilman Daniel Dromm has turned his back on them and has done nothing to help them get any funding. Dromm says no one from the Center asked for his help, which is utter bull. Dromm is another gay-politico who gets elected and then turns around and screws the very people who put him there.

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 16, 2010 2:45:26 PM

6. HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Philadelphia Eagles player Todd Herremans is sorry for his homophobic tweet about True Blood that read, "Not a fan of how they get u hooked w/ 2 seasons then bring on a barrage of homosexuality." Said Herremans: "It was not my intention to offend or hurt anyone.""

OMG THIS IS THE FIRST TIME SOMEONE HAS ISSUED THAT STUPID HEARTLESS FORM APOLOGY FOR A GAY ISSUE AND IT WASNT A TRITE WAY OF TRYING TO APPEAR NEUTRAL WHILE HATING. THIS WAS AN EXAMPLE WHERE THE ANTI-GAY IN HIS EMAIL IS ACTUALLY A FAIR CRITICISM OF THE SHOW. H O L Y C R A P

Posted by: Fenrox | Aug 16, 2010 3:56:11 PM