Darren Criss | Glee | GQ | News

Watch: Darren Criss Takes on Pop Music

Guitar_criss

He can model, he can sing, he can act, he can prove that every pop song has the same four chords.

Watch (because today's serious news needed a little Criss-ening), AFTER THE JUMP...

A preview of the iPad-exclusive video of Criss' recent GQ shoot.

Comments

1. i'm so sick of this guy!

Posted by: allan | May 24, 2011 11:36:24 AM

2. Look around on Youtube; there's some amazingly funny Australian comedy troupe that did a bit about this -- intertwining about 30 songs -- brilliantly years ago.

Posted by: Check out youtube | May 24, 2011 11:37:15 AM

3. Yay for Allan for successfully racing to make sure the first comment was a negative one! You win at Towleroad!

I'm so sick of Darren Criss, I might even comment TWICE!

Posted by: ohplease | May 24, 2011 11:48:58 AM

4. I'm not sick of him yet. Keep the Criss posts coming please. :P

Posted by: sparks | May 24, 2011 11:49:13 AM

5. Actually, he CAN'T model, but he CAN sing and act. 2.3 isn't so bad. Go Blue!

Posted by: luminum | May 24, 2011 12:01:21 PM

6. how can you get tired of a ray of sunshine?

Posted by: dms | May 24, 2011 12:10:13 PM

7. Luminum! You beat me to it!

He can act? Really? What role has he been in that would give Von Triers sleepless nights or make Robert Redford give back his acting card? He's the WORST actor in the world. Well not the worse but so hammy.

And model? He is barely over 5 foot 4, if that. He is Tom Cruise short. Big time.

But what he is an entertainer-for some-with singing plus charisma if you like that sort of thing.

To me this overrated dude is a musician/entertainer. And he has a business model that is doling well to his target audience.

I'm not being negative but the hypeerbole that Andy wrote made me puke in my mouth a little. Yes, LOVE the guy but don't make him out to be a messiah when there are so many actors or musicians out there who are multi-talented but don't get the chance to show their skills because they arent in the hottest tween show around.

I think the guy that plays Puck is more of an all rounder. He is over 5ft 10-well he looks tallish-he can sing, play the guitar, writes his own songs and he can act pretty okay in comparison to the rest.

In defense of Glee actors, they were never chosen because they could act. Colfer can't act but the older cast are trained actors.

Posted by: Rowan | May 24, 2011 12:16:31 PM

8. @Check Out You Tube. You are referring to the Axis of Awesome's version which is brilliant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I

Posted by: David | May 24, 2011 12:26:00 PM

9. A DOOR ABLE.

Posted by: Brion | May 24, 2011 12:26:37 PM

10. Total agreement on the ray of sunshine comment (though I suppose one can be burnt by the sun). Darren is a dreamboat with a great voice.

Posted by: Omar | May 24, 2011 12:30:27 PM

11. Rowan, I'd hate to be around you when you are being negative.

Posted by: Andrew W | May 24, 2011 12:32:11 PM

12. Cute, loves the gays, talented. Freaking ray of sunshine indeed.

Posted by: Mrs. Sippi | May 24, 2011 1:12:14 PM

13. He looks smokin' in that sand colored suit...

Posted by: JH | May 24, 2011 1:19:00 PM

14. this site has become a place for gays to bash their allies to see who can be queeniest...I may as well just go back to reading dlisted or perez

Posted by: Jerry | May 24, 2011 1:29:54 PM

15. Some people just can't appreciate talent if it smacked them in the face. So what if he's 5'4"? Only an idiot would hold someone's height against them.
    If fountains of negativity are sick of him, then change the channel, don't read the next article about him or don't read the blog entry about him. Jeebus, some queens really love to live up the stereotype of being CATTY.

Posted by: Yanz | May 24, 2011 3:38:53 PM

16. As someone who happens to be 5'4" and models, height is nothing to hold against someone. In terms of acting, I don't see how you can say Darren OR Chris Colfer can't act, because they're both astounding. You don't have to like everyone on Earth, but your lack of interest in them doesn't make them untalented.

Posted by: Lucas | May 24, 2011 4:02:20 PM

17. i don't mind darren criss.

Posted by: JonBenet | May 24, 2011 5:05:50 PM

18. Here are those australians.

Posted by: JonBenet | May 24, 2011 5:12:47 PM

19. First off, received my GQ mag last week. Just read opened it last night.. and I found Darren!... modeling! And guess what he looked tall to me...wait actually the whole time I was looking at the pics, I was looking at what he was wearing.. not his height. :?

Posted by: JJ | May 24, 2011 5:40:35 PM

20. CAn I just say that with Darren I have found my religion? It is one in which we are Criss-ened every day.....he he he

Posted by: AgBoiNV | May 24, 2011 5:58:55 PM

21. I love watching Darren Criss sing (he's great even when he ad-libs) and dance and play the guitar and act! My first knowledge of him was when he sang Teenage Dream, and I was blown away by his ability to send a spot-on message with every look and every gesture. II hope we'll see a lot more of him in the future.

Posted by: Gregv | May 25, 2011 12:48:57 AM

22. To all the bitchy queens: Queerty is open again. You can go home now.

Posted by: JJ | May 29, 2011 2:46:36 AM