Angry Birds | News | Video Games

BigGayDeal.com

Angry Birds Couture

Angrybirds

The wife of Rovio executive Peter Vesterbacka wore a dress the other night to the Finnish State dinner that was instantly recognizable to some, Tech Crunch reports:

To anyone unfamiliar with the game, the dress’ pattern probably looked like nothing more than a strange arrangement of shapes. If you’ve spent even a minute or two flingin’ birds, though, the cameo is clear: that’s the Red Bird, glarin’ from somewhere you shouldn’t be starin’.

Comments

1. I'll bet that was her husband's idea.

Posted by: Wanna Bet On It? | Dec 7, 2011 7:50:56 AM

2. Seriously, that is awesome. The picture is perfect, too, because it almost looks like she's trying to suppress a smile.

Posted by: ColinATL | Dec 7, 2011 8:43:46 AM

3. @WANNA BET ON IT?

Because women hate fun and video games and puppies, amirite?

Posted by: Eric26 | Dec 7, 2011 9:13:09 AM

4. Personally, I think it's a bit tacky. Regardless of whose idea it was, hocking your product at a State dinner is inappropriate.

As a side note, can I just add that they've going way too crazy with the "Angry Birds" merchandise. I was buying dog food the other day and passed an endcap loaded with all kinds of "AB" cat and dog toys. It's too much.

Posted by: Keith | Dec 7, 2011 10:09:01 AM

5. I like it. It's an attractive gown with a subtle humorous injoke.

Posted by: M | Dec 7, 2011 12:09:21 PM

6. ERIC26, I didn't see the comment as sexist...I merely saw it as, Rovio executive may have come up w/ an idea to promote his company's product.

Although the wife could just as easily have come up with it too!

It's whimsical and lovely :). Seems like the couple has a great sense of humor!

Posted by: redball | Dec 7, 2011 1:58:55 PM

7. Well, they've made millions by using comedy to see a video game, so humor is somewhat their mark and trade.

Posted by: anon | Dec 7, 2011 3:27:14 PM

8. I am about to begin a blog and this will help me tremendously. Of course it has given me many things to consider as I update my website too. I appreciate it much.

Posted by: longchamp le pliage | Dec 9, 2011 3:39:40 AM

9. I was purchasing dog meals the other day and approved an endcap packed with all types of "AB" cat and dog playthings. It's too much.

Posted by: Certificate Folders | Mar 7, 2012 5:33:38 AM

10. @Keith
    I don't see how she was "hocking your product at a State dinner." First off, the dress was tasteful and witty, much like the game. As the blogger mentioned, if you don't already know Angry Birds, you wouldn't know the reference. As test subjects, I asked my mom and secretary, neither of whom are familiar with the game. They thought it was a avant garde montage of shapes, yet not so radical as to be ugly. Neither saw a bird or anger. This indicates to me that at worst, it was preaching to the choir. The couple wasn't trying to convert anyone, or sell a product. It was a subtle witty wink to current users,

Furthermore, it's not much different than wearing a family crest or your company's tie tack, or an athlete wearing his team's pin. Angry Birds, after all, was probably the reason the couple was invited to the formal event. It bought fame to the company and revenue to the state. So wearing a subtle reminder is not entirely inappropriate.

In the final analysis, I find overexposed cleavage to be much more tacky than this whimsical dress, which made me smile.

Posted by: Bryan | May 12, 2012 1:23:21 AM

11. TOYOTA-LEXUS, packed with 5 Lot of TOYOTA-LEXUS Transponder Key,this key with a electric 4C transponder chip inside,can copy TOYOTA LEXUS 4C key.TOYOTA-LEXUS key have 3 key blade , TOY43 TOY48 TOY40.. lyj

Posted by: OBD2 | Jul 1, 2012 10:05:37 PM

12. TOYOTA-LEXUS, packed with 5 Lot of TOYOTA-LEXUS Transponder Key,this key with a electric 4C transponder chip inside,can copy TOYOTA LEXUS 4C key.TOYOTA-LEXUS key have 3 key blade , TOY43 TOY48 TOY40.. lyj

Posted by: OBD2 | Jul 1, 2012 10:06:01 PM

13. Very good post. I just came upon your site and wanted to say that I have really experienced studying your websites.

Posted by: Rec2Rec Singapore | Jul 17, 2012 8:19:32 AM

14. If you are not ready to promote, then you need to know that you are not going to start up new clients angles. You should also go online, as the world wide web is an incredibly wealthy industry for clients.

Posted by: oshawa airport limo | Aug 6, 2012 11:08:57 AM