2012 Election | Barack Obama | Jimmy Kimmel

BigGayDeal.com

Jimmy Kimmel's Full Address At The White House Correspondents' Dinner, 2012: VIDEO

WHCJimmy

Jimmy looks nervous, and rightly so. He's not as funny as the opening act. He had his moments anyway, which you can see AFTER THE JUMP ...

Comments

1. I thought he started off well but the act seemed forced, like he was reading the jokes without timing them, or with any energy.

Posted by: Angela Channing | Apr 29, 2012 9:33:50 AM

2. Wow! He doesn't take serious sides on political issues until he really sticks up for gay marriage at around the 19 minute mark (and then later marijuana smoking). Personally, I thought the delivery was great; it's like Don Rickles delivering 30 minutes of one-liners.

Posted by: CJS | Apr 29, 2012 12:31:22 PM

3. I thought he was great! I'm bored with the Colbert brand of sarcasm that seems to be what everyone is doing these days.

Posted by: Bobby | Apr 29, 2012 1:27:10 PM

4. I too found it hilarious, and didn't think him nervous a bit. And even if he were, remember he's in front of 2,000 VIPs.

Yes, Obama was funny. But still. I never watch Fallon, but I watched all of this.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 29, 2012 1:57:30 PM

5. Terrific!

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Apr 29, 2012 6:28:47 PM

6. His underplayed style is unique and enjoyable.
    Thanks for posting this.

Posted by: Gene Touchet | Apr 30, 2012 9:59:56 AM

7. I thought he was awful. Like a grade-B comic at a minor Friar's roast. 1/3 okay jokes, 1/3 unfunny jokes that should have been cut, 1/3 jokes that might have been funny if he'd delivered them properly.

It felt as if every line was being read from pages he'd never seen before and was handed as he walked on stage. His pacing was ... well, I want to say amateurish, but I think that's unfair to the amateurs. I'm not his biggest fan, but I was really surprised at how poor the performance (and the pre-performance editing of the entire script) was.

Posted by: buster | Apr 30, 2012 6:49:48 PM

8. Thanks for the post. It's usefull for me.

Posted by: Wholesale NFL Hats | May 2, 2012 5:31:31 AM