2012 Election | Mitt Romney | News | Richard Grenell

BigGayDeal.com

Jon Stewart Takes On Bryan Fischer Over Richard Grenell Resignation: VIDEO

StewartGrenell

Jon Stewart last night took aim at the fabricated controversy over Richard Grenell, the erstwhile Mitt Romney adviser who resigned because right-wingers were angry about him being gay.

AFTER THE JUMP, watch Stewart lambast conservatives like Bryan Fischer who are applauding their successful protest.

"What a proud day it must be for you," Stewart says to Fischer. "I mean, in years to come, you can all sit around and tell the grandkids about the day you got that gay guy fired."

Fischer probably would.

Comments

1. Gay republicans are like the eighth wonder of the world to me. Why would you want to work for people who don't want you and use you for window dressing, if that?

When a republican candidate doesn't sign hate pledges affirming their stance to take away our rights and they stop using us as pawns in their campaigns, maybe I will change my opinion. Maybe.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | May 3, 2012 9:08:13 AM

2. That's all right, we all know that republican gays thrive on humiliation, dog collar and all.

Posted by: Monrob | May 3, 2012 9:10:02 AM

3. "If you're wondering why he looks so blurry..."

Genius punchline

Posted by: Remote Patrolled | May 3, 2012 9:17:19 AM

4. In coming years, they will sit around and tell how the LGBT community rallied against their bigotry and legislated hate speech laws.

Posted by: Mykelb | May 3, 2012 9:26:58 AM

5. @ REMOTE PATROLLED.....I know! Hilarious!

Posted by: Greggie | May 3, 2012 10:04:59 AM

6. Aaaaaah. Win, win. He gets to come forward while people shake their heads (or vomit) that he's willing to work (grovel) for a man who has signed pledges to take away his civl rights to show some cynical shift to the middle, THEN we get to laugh as he's booted out of that position by the right's vitriolic disgust, showing exactly what we all knew to be his true character. And it only took ten days! So satisfying.

Posted by: Michaelandfred | May 3, 2012 10:13:50 AM

7. Aaaaaah. Win, win. He gets to come forward while people shake their heads (or vomit) that he's willing to work (grovel) for a man who has signed pledges to take away his civl rights to show some cynical shift to the middle, THEN we get to laugh as he's booted out of that position by the right's vitriolic disgust, showing exactly what we all knew to be his true character. And it only took ten days! So satisfying.

Posted by: Michaelandfred | May 3, 2012 10:14:01 AM

8. the only time a gay guy should be fired

Posted by: t | May 3, 2012 10:17:28 AM

9. Ok, wow.
    A. Jon Stewart is a good man. Bryan Fischer? Well, fishy, but worse.

B. I feel sorry for Bryan Fischer's gay grandkid(s). Suppose the kid Fischer sits with in the last picture was gay. Fischer would tell the kid about his own pride in denying a gay man the dignity of work.

And then Fischer would say gays don't deserve the right to the dignity of work because they have "short-lived relationships."

My response:
    Dude, dave you met gay male couples? I mean the ones that have been together 3 or 20 or 65 years and are monogomous and clearly still deeply in love? Um, I have, lots of them, however jealous I am sometimes, ha. And, yeah, I had seven years of monogomous heaven with a guy, most of those years deeply in love. We would have married were it not wrongly been illegal. Life happened and, the initial 7-year passion wore off, and despite my commitment to him, he left me. Not to be the spurned lover, but I genuinely suspect that, had we been married, and had my family embraced him and not shunned him FOR BEING MALE, we would have worked harder to rekindle the relationship, and stayed together, happily, even raising children sooner rather than later. Or maybe we would have gone through a painful divorce, which would be a notch more painful than our separation last year anyways. But to you, Mr. Fischer, people like your gay grandkid and me don't deserve the dignity of work -- let alone the dignity of an equal right to marry and raise a family. So, in fact, Mr. Fischer, you sure seem to condemn gay people FOR THE VERY THING YOU DENY THEM THE RIGHT TO.

And then Fischer would say gays don't deserve the right to the dignity of work because they have "multiple anonymous sexual encounters" and because of gay bathhouse raids.

My response:
    Hmm. So, you teach your gay grandkids that they don't exist or shouldn't, that they ought to kill themselves, that you think they don't deserve the chance to marry someone they truly love--and that they don't even deserve the dignity of work. All of these things you teach you premise on your core belief that their very essence, their sexuality, is somehow more evil than any misdeed a heterosexual could act out.

A little bit like Catholic schoolgirls taught to repress their sexuality instead of care for it -- except heigtened to the Nth degree -- too many of these gay boys go out and have reckless anonymous sex. Doesn't it seem likely that too many gay men disrespect themselves sexually, at least party BECAUSE
    folks like you TEACH THEM that they should disrespect themselves sexually?!

And suppose some portion of somewhat higher sexual partners among SOME gay men stems from male sexuality. WOuldn't that make it ALL THE MORE IMPORTANT to TALK ABOUT gay relationships and gay self-respect and self-responsiblity in schools?! SO that these kids are better-equipped to protect themselves. BUT YOU HAVE A GENOCIDE WISH, MR. FISCHER, and WISH all gay men were as irresponsibly permiscuous as you claim they are--because you WANTED us to die off from AIDs. So that YOU didn't have to see YOUR sin. You could ignore your sin and feel good about zeroing in on the misfortune of those whose (lesser?) sin you feel sanctimonious in demonizing. So, Mr. Fischer, doesn't your own sanctimonious hate CREATE ACTUAL DESTRUCTION of some gay men from diseases like AIDs because your ilk prevented these men from learning safe-sex behaviors and self-respect and self-protection from an early age?

Overall, it seems to me a little bit like people of your ilk used to say black people lacked equal humanity...pointing out how they were just silly entertaining jokersters or dull manual laborers, more permiscuous, more criminal, etc. Of course, your ilk pointed to statistics about black people at the time, and said these people's lower character WARRANTED discrimination against them.

NEVER MIND THAT IT WAS YOUR DISCRIMINATION, THEIR/OUR PATH FROM OPPRESSION that CREATED these unfortunate statistics.

Mr. Fischer, I pray that your gay grandson meets and marries (legally and all) a wonderful husband, and that they have the chance to raise wonderful kids together if they choose, supported by incomes not denied to them based on their sexual orientation.

And I even hope your gay grandson will one day be generous enough to say that you weren't ALWAYS such a bad guy--never mind your historical profile as leader of a hate-group. But I will do my part to strive to ENSURE that your historical profile is forever (and properly) of a losing but still hateful and seething crazy. AND YOUR GAY GRANDKID(S) will one day appreciate folks like me for making their future lives better.

Maybe you could clean-up your historical profile and change your ways, now, Mr. Fischer? For your grandkids?

Actually, I'm sure you won't, Mr. Fischer. But we all know that you were not BORN so hateful and vile. You really can redeem yourself.

But forcing your gay grandkid to "be" straight would only destroy him, and I suspect you KNOW that and DON'T CARE, you sad man.

Posted by: just_a_guy | May 3, 2012 11:26:17 AM

10. I will not upgrade my Flash. So I'm about to leave your site to go find Stewart elsewhere. Just thought I'd mention it.

Posted by: snitramc | May 3, 2012 6:38:04 PM