Film and TV | News

Adam Goldman Talks About Hit Series 'The Outs:' VIDEO

TheOuts3

MTV caught up with Adam Goldman, the writer, director and actor behind the incredible gay web series The Outs, to discuss the online show's success, the dearth of LGBT-centric programming and why The Outs has done so well.

"I think that what we've seen from the moment we started the project is a desire for it, and there's an audience for it," Goldman told journalist Vaughn Trudeau Schoonmaker. "We just want to prove that there's space in media for stories like this. It's a story about people who happen to be gay, and we're super-proud and pleased to appeal to a gay audience."

Watch video of the interview, including Goldman's plans for the future, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Seriously why the eff is this, an interview advertising a free TV show, regionalised?

Posted by: mrCanadian | Jun 27, 2012 11:45:47 AM

2. omg could this boy be cuter?

Posted by: alex | Jun 27, 2012 11:57:47 AM

3. Diggin them pits!

Posted by: Astro Boy | Jun 27, 2012 12:08:33 PM

4. Nothing "just happens to be gay."

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 27, 2012 12:09:57 PM

5. congrats Adam!

Posted by: gregory | Jun 27, 2012 1:15:37 PM

6. Scruffy!

Posted by: Max | Jun 27, 2012 1:29:51 PM

7. @MRCANADIAN: While I agree that region-based content is ridiculous, I don't agree that Andy should avoid posting things of interest just because he might upset someone outside of his own region.

This was an enjoyable interview and I'm very glad that Andy posted it. I normally hate "gay" film and "gay" shows because I find that when you peel away the fact that there's a gay character there's usually nothing left of note. This show, on the other hand, has humor and heart and is just generally pretty good.

Posted by: RandySf | Jun 27, 2012 1:46:37 PM

8. @MRCANADIAN:

"regionalised"?

Posted by: WebHybrid | Jun 27, 2012 1:57:16 PM

9. "A series that takes place in the obscure, uninteresting, provincial city of New York - that's a problem to you? Really? "

You might want to understand what the complaint actually is before getting indignant about it. Because it's not what you think it is.

Posted by: Nat | Jun 27, 2012 2:30:46 PM

10. "***Andy and team, please make an effort to post clips that aren't defective by design. It's frustrating and makes me close your tab."

It's not 'defective by design', it simply wasn't intended for your consumption through that particular channel.

In any case, it's a relatively simple process to circumvent the block.

Posted by: Nat | Jun 27, 2012 2:32:47 PM

11. A place for it? The two episodes that I've seen are better than anything that has ever aired on Logo. But, since when did logo care about quality gay programming? How else would one explain Eden's World on replay ad nauseum.

Posted by: Michael | Jun 27, 2012 2:46:06 PM

12. MRCANADIAN, you can blame that great defender of your "rich" Canadian culture, the CRTC. Leave Andy out of this.

Posted by: D.R.H. | Jun 27, 2012 3:03:50 PM

13. WEBHYBRID,

MrCanadian was referring to the MTV video being protected to only play for U.S. viewers. He wasn't referring to "The Outs" being set in NYC

Posted by: Oliver | Jun 27, 2012 3:50:13 PM

14. Remind me again why this is good? I had to turn off the first episode after two minutes because I was getting a cramp from cringing. That was some seriously bad acting or directing or both.

Posted by: Q | Jun 27, 2012 10:32:47 PM

15. @Nat

how is it EASY to circumvent that block? enlighten us, no one I know can do it,

but MrCan should not really blame Andy its MTV itt happens on various other sites as well

Posted by: Marky | Jul 1, 2012 2:39:48 PM