Discrimination | Idaho | News

Idaho Bar Refuses To Sell Pepsi, MillerCoors Over Gay Support: VIDEO

AntiGayGrill

Citing their Christian faith, Mike and Mari Fuller, owners of the Waha Bar & Grill in Idaho, say they will no longer sell Pepsi or MillerCoors beer because of those companies' ties to the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce.

"The National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce is an entity that collects money from major corporations to further promote policies for the gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgenders, and as Christians, we don't support that," said Mr. Fuller. He and his wife said they would bring back the products if the corporations changed their tune on LGBT rights. MillerCoors says that ain't gonna happen.

"MillerCoors has a strong track record of supporting the diversity of our employees as well as the communities in which we work and live. Due to the diversity and breadth of our consumers and because we believe in supporting the many communities we serve, we support myriad organizations across the country. The National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce is one of many organizations we are proud to support," said a spokesperson.

Watch a video report on the Fullers' conservative menu AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Its very funny what different areas of the country support. I live in a large liberal city now, but I grew up in a small town in Arkansas where they thought and still think that drinking is as much a sin as anything else and that a bar owner is going straight to hell. Funny that he thinks he's making some kind of Christian stance here. Much like the one that the Chick Fil A president is making. They both are espousing hate in hopes that it will make them popular, but they are going to find that it's not as popular as it used to be. Im sure the upstanding patrons of this guy's dive bar are going to ruin Pepsi and Miller and Coors with this.

Posted by: DrJWL | Jul 19, 2012 9:08:58 AM

2. The irony is COMPLETELY lost on them!

Next thing you know crack dealers and pimps are going to start boycotting gay supportive companies based on their high moral standards and Christian convictions!

It's a wonder to me that Christianity still exists in 2012; especially with the way today's Christians have made a mockery of the faith and shown themselves to be insane, hateful psychopaths.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Jul 19, 2012 9:11:42 AM

3. Do they understand the tidal wave of boycotting they are gonna have to do? There are so many companies these days that support gay rights it's ridiculous. Pepsi and MillerCoors are just the beginning. But they can't research anything on Google to make sure because Google supports gay rights too. I mean, if you're gonna go ahead and boycott, do it full-bore. What'll end up happening though is you sitting in a Chick-fil-a wearing your Boy Scout uniform all alone.

Posted by: AJ | Jul 19, 2012 9:14:28 AM

4. Forrest Gump: Stupid is as Stupid does.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Jul 19, 2012 9:14:52 AM

5. Just more example of the race of ignorant Red Neck Americans (not confined to any one place) that's like a virus that won't go away.... though the virus is getting less harmful.

Posted by: Burt Lafitte | Jul 19, 2012 9:22:23 AM

6. Isn't Coca Cola rated at 100% at the HRC Equality report? Also, they're not gonna like this:

'The Coca-Cola Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Ally (LGBTA) Business Resource Group exists to foster an equitable and inclusive working environment where lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees, and their supporters, feel a sense of community and opportunity, and their diversity contributes to the successful achievement of the Company's strategic priorities.'

Posted by: Syrax | Jul 19, 2012 9:22:52 AM

7. Ok, what is the deal with Coors? One person tells me they're anti-gay, another (and this article) tells me they're gay-friendly. Which is the truth?

From what I understand, Peter Coors, it's CEO, is virulently anti-gay, but the company is gay friendly. What does that mean for consumers -- does Peter Coors have sufficient control over the company to make avoiding Coors (and Blue Moon, one of my favorites) worthwhile?

Anyone with information (and maybe an article) -- it would be very appreciated!

Posted by: Mike8787 | Jul 19, 2012 9:23:54 AM

8. A small bar and grill in Idaho's actions regarding what products they will and will not serve is worthy news?! This is silly!

It's a private business they of course have every right to serve whatever product they please as long as it's legal.

And ironic indeed that some gay 'progressives' are praising MillerCoors since this company is notoriously anti-union. The fact they 'celebrate' diversity is of course PR hogwash, and a way for them to hurt unions.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 19, 2012 9:30:28 AM

9. Someone needs to tell this inbred sheepfucker that practically every name brand of alcoholic spirit advertises in national gay periodicals and gives to gay causes.

Posted by: Tessie Tura | Jul 19, 2012 9:32:47 AM

10. The up close image of the 'large' scary looking white [trash] guy with the cap and beard is a nice touch. I get it.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 19, 2012 9:33:04 AM

11. "Despite their allegedly strong convictions, the Fullers still sell products from Coca-Cola and Budweiser, both of which work with the NGLCC. Guess they weren't too thorough in their witch hunt."

They could always try Royal Crown Cola; maybe they're anti-gay.

In any event, I have a suspicion that religious conviction might have intersected with commerce; there might have been better exclusivity deals with Budweiser and Coke then with Pepsi and Coors.

Posted by: Nat | Jul 19, 2012 9:34:08 AM

12. @Tessie,

Your comment was very mean spirited and not in keeping with 'celebrating' diversity.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 19, 2012 9:34:21 AM

13. @Woodroad34D - wow, that's exactly what I was going to say! Who cares what a bunch of idiot rednecks say?

Posted by: Jack M | Jul 19, 2012 9:40:02 AM

14. I find it amusing that the video shows a box of Bud Light being rolled into the store, as well as a Bud Light sign. I have news for them, Bud Light ALSO supports many LGBT causes and organizations.

Posted by: Rob | Jul 19, 2012 9:42:32 AM

15. I'm sorry Rat, are you always-the-victim types now upset that the white trash bar owner was put on camera?

And please. If you are going to police the Internet telling everyone what is and isn't newsworthy, you've already lost. It's the Internet sweetie. Everything you could possibly think of 24/7. If TMZ following gossip seekers get to see Snooki's ugly outfits every day, I get to get my daily dose of bigotry in the world. If it's all too much for you, please stick to the front page of the Wall Street Journal or some other paper you've been reading since the age of 7 to please your father.

Posted by: kpo5 | Jul 19, 2012 9:50:41 AM

16. Ah, Idaho! Or as some call it, "Mississippi in the Mountains."

Posted by: candideinnc | Jul 19, 2012 9:53:24 AM

17. You're only hurting yourselves you bigoted haters.

Posted by: Scott | Jul 19, 2012 9:54:02 AM

18. FYI, Open on Sundays... So much for honoring the Sabbath.

Posted by: BJ | Jul 19, 2012 10:00:08 AM

19. I guess they couldn't Google the rest of the brands that they sell, since that would go against their Christian values...

Posted by: Mike in Houston | Jul 19, 2012 10:01:24 AM

20. Home of the big sky and the small mind.

Posted by: candideinnc | Jul 19, 2012 10:03:26 AM

21. @KPO5,

Always-the-victim type? Explain please. I condemn 99% of the time people who whine about being 'victims'. Are you a far left hardcore 'progressive' KPO5? Because victimization is a hardcore progressive's stock and trade.

As for the owner of a tiny bar in Idaho posting a youtube vid explaining why he isn't carrying a certain product in his business, no, this is most certainly not news-worthy. It may fit an agenda and script, but it's not news-worthy by any stretch. The internet is full of sh*t, this man's vid is just one more example.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 19, 2012 10:07:07 AM

22. Anyone this STUPID will not be running a business for any length of time.

Posted by: DiatribesAndOvations | Jul 19, 2012 10:08:35 AM

23. I'm not seeing why this is a big issue. It's his business if he wants to sell Coke products instead of Pepsi products...at least he has the power of his convictions backing him up.

I guess what I am trying to get at here is this: I would like to think that I live in an America where people can stand for whatever cause they feel is just in their heart. This is what I was raised to believe. Does it really matter if this guy is making a stand against what he feels is wrong in America? what next...will we stifle his Freedom of Speech Rights by telling him he can't voice his opinions about GLBT people? If we chastise him for not selling Pepsi products you might as well chastise him for everything else.

Look, I'm a gay person myself who is in a wonderful relationship of eleven years to the same person. YEAH ME! I don't really give two shakes what this guy sells in his bar...his ideology and his convictions don't concern me. What does concern me is that the gay community, in some instances, practices the same intolerance that we accuse the Right Wing of doing to us. I'm not trying to be a self-righteous jag off here...just merely from my observations of most of the GLBT sites, it seems we are basically stooping down to their levels.

Posted by: Ray Sager | Jul 19, 2012 10:10:18 AM

24. well at this point - these 2 Gluttonous Pigs might as well just sell Moonshine...

Posted by: Disgusted American | Jul 19, 2012 10:13:44 AM

25. "Always-the-victim type? Explain please. I condemn 99% of the time people who whine about being 'victims'."

I believe that's projecting, Rat.

Posted by: kpo5 | Jul 19, 2012 10:14:41 AM