Adam Levine | Gay Marriage | News

Adam Levine Speaks Up for Marriage Equality

Levine

Adam Levine talks to Chris Azzopardi at Pride Source about his gay brother, The Voice, and why he's said if he were President he'd legalize same-sex marriage first:

It's just so silly and it doesn't make any sense to me that you wouldn't be able to marry whomever you want to marry. It's not our business. I don't know why we're obsessed with making everything in this country our business, all the time. It seems we're a little behind on that, and we just need to make it legal and stop caring so much. It doesn't matter. And it shouldn't matter...

...People have their personal preferences as to what they want to do with their own lives, and they have every right to do that - just like a gay couple has every right to do that. It's just not anyone's business except the people involved. That's all I would say: "What makes you better than these people?"

People have a million different justifications and reasons why they don't want (gay marriage) allowed, but it doesn't check out. Whenever I hear people's reasoning behind it, I think to myself: First of all, marriage isn't always successful anyway. Look at the divorce rate and all the things that go wrong with marriage. Whether it's gay or straight, there are issues with it. Clearly people have a hard time staying together, and that's just a sad truth about marriage in our society. People should be allowed to succeed and fail at marriage as they so desire.

Read teh full interview HERE.

Comments

1. lets keep him and make him a star.

Posted by: Jacques Rosas | Aug 15, 2012 11:35:01 AM

2. He's already a star but I'm down with keeping him. At my house.

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 15, 2012 12:09:58 PM

3. His brother is a handsome man.

Posted by: Gonzo | Aug 15, 2012 12:24:30 PM

4. Well, I guess that balances out the Voice quartet then.

Posted by: Gregoire | Aug 15, 2012 12:38:49 PM

5. I decided to let him keep the ink as long as he doesn't shave his chest.

Oh, and glad he's an ally. :)

Posted by: sparks | Aug 15, 2012 12:45:05 PM

6. Yes, I pretty much love everything about this guy, douchiness and all

Posted by: RONTEX | Aug 15, 2012 1:07:36 PM

7. I can't get past his pop 'music', but I've always found him hot.

Posted by: ratbastard | Aug 15, 2012 1:09:36 PM

8. Michael Levine is really hot.

Posted by: Blake | Aug 15, 2012 1:15:55 PM

9. How about: for every straight couple that gets divorced, we let one gay couple get married. Problem solved.

Thanks Adam—good on you.

Posted by: David R. | Aug 15, 2012 5:37:57 PM

10. I am sick of him and his fake gay advocacy. Does he have a new album coming out, and thus needs us to buy it? He should be railing against the pop industry's failure to have gay or bisexual men at the top of the charts.

Posted by: jason | Aug 15, 2012 7:20:07 PM

11. Jason, what a miserable, pathetic, small-minded and sad individual you are.

But thanks for all the laughs!

Posted by: DeeperStill | Aug 15, 2012 8:39:49 PM

12. RELAXATION IS JUST TEXT A WAY.. SATISFY YOUR BODY, SOUL AND BE FREE FROM STRESS AND REWARD YOURSELF WITH A RELAXING SENSUAL MASSAGE WITH ME...

MY PROFILE IS ERICK, WITH 26 YO, 173 CM/67KG, HANDSOME, MANLY, ATHLETIC BODY, MIX,

MUSCULAR, BROWN EYES, STRONG & SAVE, NICE PERSON, BOYS NEXT DOOR TYPE.

AM ASIAN BOY IN JAKARTA. I DO FOR FULL SERVICE MASSAGE FOR QUALITY CLIENTS ONLY (HOME,

HOTEL OR APARTMENT ONLY)

RATE RP 650.000 ($ 85) INCLUDE SERVICE.

IF U INTERESTED WITH ME PLEASE CALL AT +6281510566469/ 081510566469

FOR MAN AND FOR CALL OUT ONLY!Gay Massage Jakarta Indonesia

Posted by: Jakarta Gay Massage Boy | Nov 1, 2012 7:52:12 AM

13. RELAXATION IS JUST TEXT A WAY.. SATISFY YOUR BODY, SOUL AND BE FREE FROM STRESS AND REWARD YOURSELF WITH A RELAXING SENSUAL MASSAGE WITH ME...

MUSCULAR, BROWN EYES, STRONG & SAVE, NICE PERSON, BOYS NEXT DOOR TYPE.

HOTEL OR APARTMENT ONLY)

RATE RP 650.000 ($ 85) INCLUDE SERVICE.

IF U INTERESTED WITH ME PLEASE CALL AT +6281510566469/ 081510566469