Comments

1. voet says

I think it is time for television to stop trying to “protect” people from this sort of language. It would have received far less attention if they had just let it go. I realize that a few people would get hysterical, but they would get over it.

2. Dastius Krazitauc says

Elizabeth Vargas is to blame. Tom said he shouldn’t do it because it involves swear words, and Vargas said, “Go ahead. With the accent nobody will understand it”.

3. James C says

Saw this live. Really funny. I had a feeling he’d slip once I saw the character beforehand. Movies stereotype Brit gangsters as dropping f-bombs every other word. He was probably just using a piece of memorized dialogue.

4. James C says

5. Icebloo says

I couldn’t even tell what he was saying so he would have been OK to just carry on.

I’m sure the crazy right wingers will be trying to sue him and get him banned from TV. YAWN.

6. Geoff says

It’s like a fart. If you loudly exclaim “Excuse me” it simply calls attention to it – rather than letting ‘it pass’…as it were.
    Leave it alone!

7. ratbastard says

Congratulations GMA; you got some good, very cheap publicity that’ll bring in more viewers and advertiser $. My impression is it was staged. Whatever. Tom Hanks is cool.

8. gunther says

Tom, Please, please, please shave. And any children watching this show and even half engaged to it should be in school. If the children are toddlers, mom, dad, (probably mom), will you turn the f****** TV off.