Comments

1. Derrick from Philly says

And some would have been right there laughing with him–some who had a secret that wouldn’t come out until years after Stonewall when it was safe.

2. jeremy says

I hate guys like Mitt as much as I hate my high school bullies. Guys like Mitt didn’t torment us, but they always looked down and mocked on gay, women or minority . And yet, because of their social position, they are still able to get further in life even they are true assholes.

3. peter says

Disgusted American: This scene would make me wonder just how ‘Mormon’ Romney really is? While the church does not condone homosexuality, they also take a dim view of boorishness and place a premium on ‘boyscout’ good manners.

4. Mike in nyc says

good point Kiwi! lol
    The Mormon re-write had yet to happen.

Has there ever been someone so entitled?
    Maybe that other great GOP rich kid cokehead George Bush.
    Mitt would even be a bigger disaster.

5. Derrick from Philly says

Thank you, Michael. I thought it actually was young Willard, but I did think his figure was a little too Twiggyish.

I’ll blame it on my eyesight.

6. jason says

Was that caption about Mitt as Liberace put there by Vanity Fair staff? If so, I think it’s homophobic. Vanity Fair appears to be one of these liberal rags that stoops to petty name-calling if it’s politically useful.

7. Gregoire says

Good show, Jason, way to miss the point of the Vanity Fair article entirely!

They did too good of a job on this actually. It too me a few moments to figure out they were fake.

8. Tim says

I look at Romney as a guy that does not give a snot about me as a person or as a gay man. I see his stuck up kids that wanna beat the snot out of the President as stuck up bigots and would call me a fag, then beat the hell out of me.

9. THE QUEEN says

OH PULEEZE , AT THAT AGE EVEN I WAS DOING MY FAG IMPRESSIONS OF FAMOUS FAGS . NO BIG DEAL. IN FACT I STILL DO A PRETTY MEAN LIBERACE MYSELF, INCLUDING PAUL LYNDE AND OTHERS. OH MARY, DIG MISS THING!

10. greg says

this was a mistake by vanity fair. an intended one but still a mistake. in the world of blindly forwarding articles/pics/video, this was irresponsible. i agree with the sentiment. but irresponsible nonetheless.