2012 Election | Massachusetts | Richard Tisei

Gay Candidate Richard Tisei Releases Unconventional Ad: VIDEO

TiseiAd

This actually is nice, Massachusetts U.S. House candidate Richard Tisei. Thank you. While airing a beach ad right after the East Coast's most devastating hurricane in history may be bad timing, a double-digit lead over Democratic incumbent John Tierney may allow for a little risk taking.

Watch Tisei's video AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. That really was nice. It was positive. Now I want to go there.

Posted by: uffda | Nov 1, 2012 9:36:52 AM

2. This blog is very informative. i am really impressed by the comments which people have given over here. i am sure many people will get more and more knowledge from this.

Posted by: http://www.pro-dissertations.com/ | Nov 1, 2012 9:41:38 AM

3. Not just any beach, but the place of origin for the fishing boat in The Perfect Storm. Oh, the irony!

Posted by: Drenched New Yorker | Nov 1, 2012 10:16:29 AM

4. Nice spot but being a North Shore constituent I would have appreciated more ads outlining Tiesi's platform. All he has done is lambasted his opponents's wife's family. Other than being a gay Republican I know NOTHING about Tiesi. The incumbent Tierney has been an advocate for gay rights and he is a Democrat. Being a gay Republican is like being a black member of the KKK. Pretty beach scene aside, I will vote for Tierney because I know where he stands politically.

Posted by: mtmslg | Nov 1, 2012 10:20:37 AM

5. Isn't that one of Mitt Romney's houses? Not the one with the car elevator, but the one his horse lives in.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Nov 1, 2012 10:22:23 AM

6. ROFL at Anastasia. Werk.

Posted by: Tristram | Nov 1, 2012 10:34:15 AM

7. Tisei is a good guy (I used to live in his district years ago) despite being a Republican but I don't see what place he'll have in the US House of Representatives, where there's not room for much beyond straight party-line votes. If he strays from the Republicans he'll get shut out… he'd really be much better staying in quirky Massachusetts politics where he'd have a shot at being Governor or something someday.

Posted by: Jason | Nov 1, 2012 10:51:44 AM

8. Lifetime MA resident and Dem here, live in the district. I've voted for his opponent, John Tierney, every 2 yrs, but I can no longer do that after all the lies.

I'm voting Obama-Warren-Tisei this time around. He fought for marriage equality in MA, is pro-choice, and has refused to sign Nordquists no tax pledge. Seems reasonable, and a million times better than his opponent.

Posted by: actual_MA_voter | Nov 1, 2012 11:11:15 AM

9. right. becoz the gulls say so

Posted by: khan | Nov 1, 2012 10:00:01 PM

10. @Actual Ma Voter: If Tisei is everything you say he is, he sounds like the right choice. However, I can't imagine that he will have much influence in the Republican House caucus.

Posted by: andrew | Nov 1, 2012 11:04:09 PM