GLAAD Launches Christmas Card Campaign to Governors in States Without Marriage Equality

Glaad

GLAAD has launched a Christmas card campaign targeting governors in the 34 states without marriage equality and is providing addresses and urging LGBT families and allies to share their holiday photos.

Cooper Smith Koch and Todd Koch, who along with their two children were featured in a 2012 JC Penney Fathers’ Day ad, are featured in a card above, and have joined GLAAD in launching the campaign.

Said Cooper Smith Koch: "It's a lot harder to oppose something when you can see its face and you know its name. That's why we're sending a holiday card to Governor Perry, so that he can see the faces of the citizens of Texas that are being harmed by inequality. And so that he can see the love that we have for our children and how it's the same as the love he has for his."

Find out where to send your card here.

Comments

1. Rick says

More selfish white gay men exploiting the large amounts of minority children in foster care to create fake, politically-correct families. How utterly not shocking that an organization like GLAAD, which uses homophobic divas as spokeswomen would be so shameless about the exploitation of minority children in its efforts to promote liberal political correctness. Most gay men fall for this. They’re all suckers.

2. Jerry says

Oh yes RICK, they should have left the dark babies in Foster care and gone and grabbed one of the endless supply of white blonde babies out of the orphanages. You like to make up crap to soapbox about. You hilarious troll.

3. says

Imagine Rick’s family-of-one Christmas card. No effeminate decorations, just a closet door and a sticky keyboard. Season’s greetings!

4. says

I think you mean the one with voices in his head, and that would be akin to discrediting Sarah Palin–it’s a job that completes itself, Litperick.

5. Derrick from Philly says

Well, ERNIE,

he did it again. He posted the same comment under two different posting names.
    He’s getting sloppy with his sh.t.

I know that Little Kiwi and Tyler are going to hate me for this. But I kinda’ feel sorry for that racist, misogynistic, Gay man-hating, wannabe KKK member, pederastic motha’ f.cka’.

I guess I’m like Jim in “To Kill A Mockingbird” I kinda’ feel sorry for him.

Nevermind, f.ck Rick/Litper.

6. Derrick from Philly says

LOL, I meant Tom Robinson in “Tom Kill A Mockingbird” who felt sorry for the racist White girl

Tom was in Twain’s “Huckleberry Finn” ofcourse.

Well, they say that we all look alike anyway.

7. Derrick from Philly says

JIM WAS IN TWAIN’S “HUCKLEBERRY FINN”

OK, the content of my 4:00pm flask is starting to have its effect. It’s time for me to.

Good night.

8. andrew says

TOWLEROAD FOLKS: Why Don’t you care that a few people use the comments sections to spew ignorance and bigotry under many aliases, and post things in the names of people they disagree with to make them look hateful or stupid??????? Why do you choose not to correct this problem? If I were a conservative homophobe wanting to convince people that LGBT people are wack jobs, I would direct them to the comments lines on TOWLEROAD. What gives????????????????

9. FFS says

Why isn’t GLAAD’s “only wish” a trans* inclusive ENDA that isn’t neutered by nonsensical religious exemptions? Oh, that’s right. Gay, Inc suffers from the same “I got mine” syndrome that the rest of affluent America suffers from. Obviously.

Does the sheer number of things you have in common with these “loony liberal” orgs that you so despise keep you up nights, Rick?