Game of Thrones | News | Television

'Game Of Thrones' Actress Wants More Male Nudity On The Show

Game

German actress Sibel Kekilli, who plays prostitute Shae, Peter Dinklage’s (a.k.a. Tyrion Lannister’s) love interest on HBO’s Game of Thrones has called upon the show’s creators to inject the show with a bit more of the naked male form, according to The Independent:

When asked whether more of the show's male actors should shed their clothes, she said “ Yes, of course. Why are all the women naked? “I mean good-looking guys. I want to see Conleth Hill and [Nikolaj Coster-Waldau] and Peter Dinklage.”

Speaking during a recent press conference in London, she jokingly added “We’re going to talk to [writers] David Benioff and Dan Weiss.”

Kekilli...is another actress to call for more male nudity on the show, her co-star Carice van Houten has also expressed similar sentiments.

Kekilli and van Houten aren’t the only ones wanting to see more of the men. Vulture’s Matt Zoller Seitz last year called upon the hit fantasy series to focus its gaze more on the male characters' bodies:

I’d like Game of Thrones to enlarge the scope of its fantasy­ — to show more same-sex couplings and male nudity — as Starz’s Spartacus series has done with such panache. For all its tough, complicated women characters, Thrones is rightly perceived as too much of a ­sausagefest. The producers could change that perception by adding more sausage.

As previously reported, actor Finn Jones, who plays Ser Loras Tyrell, a character who’s no stranger to the homosexual tryst, also complained that the show was specifically lacking in the hot gay action department.

You can check out a teaser trailer for the upcoming season HERE.

Comments

1. Yeah, good luck with that.

It's obvious what demo's they're aiming for. Even if it's "equal opportunity nudity" the producers won't want to risk losing their core audience of straight guys that have never grown up.

Posted by: Leo | Mar 17, 2014 7:20:18 PM

2. Is she kidding? I've seen no less than 4 full frontal scenes with guys and I'm only halfway through season 2. It's seriously the dirtiest show I have ever seen. What about the 10 minute lesbian fingering scene in season 1?

Posted by: AJ | Mar 17, 2014 7:20:23 PM

3. There are very few shows I can think of that wouldn't benefit from more male nudity.

Posted by: JMC | Mar 17, 2014 7:32:13 PM

4. I remember scenes with Alfie Allen and Simon Lowe, but none other. I like Alfie.

Posted by: Droc | Mar 17, 2014 7:34:36 PM

5. Proof Sibel doesn't even know anything about the show she is in. First off, Conleth has already "exposed" himself before: he plays a eunuch.

Posted by: Steve | Mar 17, 2014 7:41:05 PM

6. Gee Steve. You don't think that maybe she was being facetious?

Posted by: KM | Mar 17, 2014 8:08:42 PM

7. Very relevant video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I333hqsRk-Y

Posted by: a | Mar 17, 2014 8:09:28 PM

8. Moar cock is always a good thing.

Posted by: Phyliss Shaflea | Mar 17, 2014 8:41:37 PM

9. Hell, HBO has had more mane nudity on Game of Thrones than it has had on their gay themed show "Looking". Explain that!

Posted by: anon | Mar 17, 2014 10:06:34 PM

10. "Hell, HBO has had more mane nudity on Game of Thrones than it has had on their gay themed show 'Looking'. Explain that!"

Um, doesn't gay stuff traditionally get allowed and accepted more when it's masquerading as "straight" stuff? I believe Gore Vidal took particular delight in queering films on the sly when he could, and he wasn't alone in that.

Denial is far too good a friend to way too many people and organizations for it to be dispensed with yet, I fear.

Posted by: edude | Mar 17, 2014 10:40:44 PM

11. True Blood has tons and tons of male nudity too.

Posted by: AJ | Mar 17, 2014 10:42:01 PM

12. For me this show has been really tainted by the army of sad chinless wonders spewing spoilers across the web. So you read a book. Nobody gives a flying f___.

Posted by: Tristram | Mar 18, 2014 6:07:33 AM

13. More ( NOT MOAR!!!! ) hairy chested men would be preferable than full frontal nudity. Cocks are nice, but every man has one, and most are just ho hum average. Everyone has a different key to their lock however.

Posted by: Gordon | Mar 18, 2014 7:42:41 AM

14. Is this show worth watching? I haven't seen it.

Posted by: anon | Mar 18, 2014 12:01:11 PM