Dance | Ellen DeGeneres | News | Sia

Sia Did an Incredible Live Remake of the 'Chandelier' Video on 'Ellen' Yesterday: WATCH

Live_sia

You may recall the video for Sia's "Chandelier" in which 11-year-old Dance Moms star Maddie Ziegler handed in an incredible performance. She and Sia recreated it on Ellen yesterday, live.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Sia collaborated with well-known homophobe Eminem last year.

Posted by: petey | May 20, 2014 8:44:11 AM

2. Just so underwhelming. I danced around like that when I was 10. It was easy. But then my dad caught me and made it less than Pop culture. It's still less.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 20, 2014 9:08:21 AM

3. I love the song and the dancing. Very original. But, SIA always is.

Posted by: Nate | May 20, 2014 11:05:16 AM

4. UFFDA: Spontaneous is easy. Repeating the particular order of things and selling the performance over and over...is what makes it great.

I love it when some queen bitches about something she hasn't done and probably can't do because the performer or artist makes it look easy.

Posted by: Frozen North | May 20, 2014 11:22:11 AM

5. Anyone who doesn't recognize modern dance and the inherent artistry in this performance is the kind of person who goes through life with blinders on, expecting everything to be simple and pretty and proper. Congrats on "not getting it."

Posted by: Robert | May 20, 2014 11:33:31 AM

6. Love this Song!!! Sia's Amazing as well as this young Dancer, I believe her name is Maddie from "Dance Moms". Stunning Song Great Choreography. Xo's

Posted by: AnthonyR | May 20, 2014 4:10:33 PM

7. the video and this live performance are everything ... people can cross their arms and get bitter, but they'll never live up to this.

Posted by: reality | May 20, 2014 5:20:03 PM

8. "she chooses not to face the camera"

Sorry, but that's just asinine.

Posted by: alex | May 20, 2014 5:41:15 PM

9. Except that when Maddie hits her on the back the second time (about 3:24), there's no hitch in the voice that would expect if she were singing live.

Track.

Posted by: Rrhain | May 20, 2014 6:51:54 PM

10. The kid is talented, but the talent is wasted on ... whatever that was.

Posted by: Randy | May 20, 2014 8:23:09 PM

11. I am so curious about Sia's reasons for not facing the audience. I doubt it's an artistic choice. It appears she has a great phobia. Does anyone know her story? She is talented as hell, and yet, she appears to be scared to be vulnerable. I wonder where that comes from. I'm intrigued.

Posted by: Marc | May 21, 2014 3:25:30 AM

12. @Marc: The New York Times Magazine did a profile of Sia recently (can find it online) and she is deeply uncomfortable in the spotlight and on stage, one reason why she's done so much songwriting for others--it suits her personality better.

Posted by: Ernie | May 21, 2014 3:56:40 AM

13. Fine art imo - Everything about it and everyone involved - just amazing how it moved, touches and inspires so many.

Posted by: Sylvia | May 28, 2014 6:14:27 PM