Ellen DeGeneres | Eric Stonestreet | Gay Wedding | Jesse Tyler Ferguson | Modern Family | News

Eric Stonestreet Dishes With Ellen about Modern Family's Upcoming Gay Wedding: VIDEO

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 4.01.14 PM

Modern Family star Eric Stonestreet sat down with Ellen to share some behind-the-scenes info about the emotional shoot for Mitch and Cam’s upcoming wedding on the show.

Stonestreet also talked about his real parents welcoming actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson into the family now that he and Ferguson are "married"

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP

Yesterday, it was also announced that the show would celebrate the upcoming event by covering the cost of all marriage licenses and wedding ceremonies in NYC on Monday.

Comments

1. I don't like the stereotypes on Modern Family.

Posted by: petey | May 13, 2014 9:20:45 AM

2. I wonder if it would be possible for Ellen to wear even remotely feminine attire once in awhile? I'm not sure if I've ever seen her in a skirt or a dress. The casual, butch, slob look is getting to be a bit much.

Posted by: David From Canada | May 13, 2014 10:16:46 AM

3. I don't either, Petey, but my fundamentalist Christian aunt thinks it's hilarious.

I don't think it's going to age well in reruns in the future.

Posted by: Rey | May 13, 2014 10:16:55 AM

4. Can anyone tell me the difference between Cam's performance as a gay man and a white guy performing in "black face"? I think Modern Family helps gay people in the long run but I hate Cams sterotype performance.

Posted by: Peter | May 13, 2014 10:20:49 AM

5. I think Cam's performance has nailed you guys! Actually, his performance is probably not quite so bitchy as your behavior.

Posted by: Major707 | May 13, 2014 10:47:22 AM

6. Oh puh-LEESE, 5 "Gs"!!

That is: Good God Girl Get a Grip.

ALL of us know a Cam. ALL of us know a Mitch. And anyone who says they don't is delusional.

The characters might be a bit over-the-top, but when did we lose our damn sense of humor?!?

My beef with the show has been its reliance on the passive-aggressive conflict between these two for laughs-- without more exploration of their affectionate side. Which must exist, somewhere, somehow. When they hint at it, their scenes tend to come alive.

C'mon, "Modern Family" producers-- be a bit more realistic about long-term gay couples! We finish each other's sentences, hold each other's hand, all the things str8 couples do. And with more wit and fabulousness!

And sometimes, with glitter.

Posted by: One of the CA 36,000+ | May 13, 2014 11:33:32 AM

7. PETEY/PETER = JON/RICK. Predictable comments from the resident hater of everything. Ugh.

Posted by: BETTY | May 13, 2014 12:31:13 PM

8. I really want to understand, is there a differance between Cams performance and "black face". I stated I think the show has an over all positive influence, I don't hate the show.

Posted by: Peter | May 13, 2014 12:59:24 PM

9. You don't want to understand, you just want to play games.

Posted by: BETTY | May 13, 2014 1:09:53 PM

10. Betty, like others who responded to my post you can not answer the question, insted you attack me personally. Is there no real debate going on in this form, the question was honest. Am I wrong in my thinking? Just looking for other points of view.

Posted by: Peter | May 13, 2014 9:28:26 PM

11. I guess Betty has no real thoughts just bais.

Posted by: Peter | May 15, 2014 9:06:17 AM