Comments

1. David From Canada says

I wonder if it would be possible for Ellen to wear even remotely feminine attire once in awhile? I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen her in a skirt or a dress. The casual, butch, slob look is getting to be a bit much.

2. Rey says

I don’t either, Petey, but my fundamentalist Christian aunt thinks it’s hilarious.

I don’t think it’s going to age well in reruns in the future.

3. Peter says

Can anyone tell me the difference between Cam’s performance as a gay man and a white guy performing in “black face”? I think Modern Family helps gay people in the long run but I hate Cams sterotype performance.

4. One of the CA 36,000+ says

Oh puh-LEESE, 5 “Gs”!!

That is: Good God Girl Get a Grip.

ALL of us know a Cam. ALL of us know a Mitch. And anyone who says they don’t is delusional.

The characters might be a bit over-the-top, but when did we lose our damn sense of humor?!?

My beef with the show has been its reliance on the passive-aggressive conflict between these two for laughs– without more exploration of their affectionate side. Which must exist, somewhere, somehow. When they hint at it, their scenes tend to come alive.

C’mon, “Modern Family” producers– be a bit more realistic about long-term gay couples! We finish each other’s sentences, hold each other’s hand, all the things str8 couples do. And with more wit and fabulousness!

And sometimes, with glitter.

5. Peter says

I really want to understand, is there a differance between Cams performance and “black face”. I stated I think the show has an over all positive influence, I don’t hate the show.

6. Peter says

Betty, like others who responded to my post you can not answer the question, insted you attack me personally. Is there no real debate going on in this form, the question was honest. Am I wrong in my thinking? Just looking for other points of view.