Harry Potter | News | Star Wars

Harry Potter vs. Star Wars: VIDEO

Potter

Missed this now super-viral clip earlier in the week. Australian wannabe filmmakers, Danny and Michael Philipou filmed this clip in about two days and edited it in about a week, adding the special effects. The filmmaking force is clearly with them.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That was better than all Star Wars and Harry Potter films combined.

Posted by: ML | May 3, 2014 1:22:06 PM

2. Hope there's a sequel.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | May 3, 2014 2:25:29 PM

3. The Jedi/Sith kid looks like Dylan O'Brien's hunky Aussie twin. That was fun!

Posted by: lonewolfen | May 3, 2014 2:27:08 PM

4. does anyone have any idea what the first guy said when he came in the room at the beginning looking for something someone had taken? I listened multiple times and couldn't make heads or tails out of it.

Posted by: anon | May 3, 2014 2:40:52 PM

5. That was great.

Posted by: daws | May 3, 2014 3:02:53 PM

6. He said, "Which one of you guys took my phone off the charge?"

Posted by: Anon | May 3, 2014 4:07:03 PM

7. I needed subtitles and am thankful for Anon's translation.

Posted by: Marco | May 3, 2014 4:14:34 PM

8. Amen, Jerry! Wow, I feel about thirty-five years younger! we loved Sylvester in Dallas. We recently commemorated the Cedar Springs community with a monumental pillar topped by a disco ball, and many of us recalled him then. History is still alive, tell those stories to our young'uns.

Posted by: chevytexas | May 3, 2014 4:50:20 PM

9. I'm Australian and even I had to read the translation! lol. We do talk fast don't we. I gotta say, I'm Star Wars all the way!

Posted by: Andrew | May 3, 2014 6:35:02 PM

10. Happy Star Wars Day!!!

May the 4th be with you!!!!

[cribbed from someone]

Posted by: EdA | May 3, 2014 7:48:49 PM

11. Absolutely AWESOME and EPIC!

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | May 3, 2014 11:09:45 PM

12. My moment of geek: While I think a full blown Jedi could defeat a similarly talented wizard, all else equal, the fight would have gone very differently.

The Sword of Gryffindor takes in that which would make it stronger. Far from a lightsaber being able to destroy it, it would have given the sword the power of a lightsaber.

A jedi would still be able to win, though, since they'd actually be trained to use a lightsaber... while Harry was never trained in swordsmanship or fencing.

Posted by: Ryan | May 4, 2014 12:23:43 AM