Comments

1. kdknyc says

And the idea of judicial recall–meaning that judges have to worry about a threat to their tenure if someone doesn’t like they way they rule on an issue?

Why don’t they occupy their time trying to get people back to work? Oh, yeah–republicans.

2. Garygdw says

So they’re basically saying that they’ll get the results they want through threats and intimidation of their Supreme Court? Stay classy republicans.

3. Chuck Mielke says

Yet another self-defeating resolution? In the longer run, it’s another tea-bagger attempt to eliminate “activist judges” because they can’t believe that something, like the Constitution, actually limits majority rule. And, of course, being a “populist” in America, today, means pandering to the ignorant and fearful.

4. wct says

I can’t believe my husband almost….ALMOST convinced me that it was a good idea to move back home South. I left Louisiana back in 1987….a few good folks there….but most people would sooner throw you in jail or a mental health facility for being Gay. The South will have to be dragged kicking and screaming to get them at least past the civil war.

5. Terry says

This cub wantabe should take a course in civics, as should most of the GOP. A judge is not obligated to support an unconstitutional laws. There is also the concept of protecting the minority from the tyranny of the majority.

6. AggieCowboy says

Soooo….let me get this straight. According to the concept of “Separation of Powers”, the Legislature has the power to create, interpret, and execute the law; the executive is a figure-head who bows to the will of the Legislature; and the Judiciary are yes-men who are dependent on the Legislature’s interpretation of the law?

I realize that it’s been awhile since I’ve taken Poli Sci, but I don’t seem to recall that particular interpretation of the “Separation of Powers”.

7. woodroad34 says

This pudgy little man (what is it about republicans and pudginess?) doesn’t seem to understand that the judicial branch is apart from the legislative and the voters…voters are wrong and so can be the legislature. If the constitution is wrong that’s for the judicial branch and not the legislative branch to figure out. he’s a poor representative, a poor legislator and a poor human being.

8. JSB says

Been quite awhile since I was in civics class, but doesn’t the US Constitution trump the individual states constitutions? Do I not remember this correctly?

9. Chadd says

It’s only judicial activism when they don’t like the ruling. No one from their side cried “judicial activism” in Bush v. Gore or Citizens United.