Gay Advertising | Gay Rights | Houston | News

Unintentionally Hilarious Ad Targets Houston's LGBT Non-Discrimination Ordinance: LISTEN

HoustonMayorThe Houston, TX-based coalition "No Unequal Rights" has created a radio ad in protest of the LGBT-inclusive nondiscrimination ordinance that the city council passed this May.

The fearmongering ad, containing a story delivered by a  'McDonald's worker', tries to instill fear in the public with the spectre of a trans woman exposing pubic hair and stuffing a bra in a women's restroom.

The ridiculousness of the story combined with the theme from "The Young and the Restless" may cause you to do a spit take.

Listen and laugh, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via good as you)

Comments

1. I feel that Victor Newman would be okay with transgendered workers.

Posted by: Tigernan | Jun 27, 2014 2:40:34 PM

2. I feel like this McDonalds story didn't actually happen... could the "worker" sound any more fake?

These fear mongers are desperate!

Posted by: Evan C | Jun 27, 2014 2:46:21 PM

3. What ?

Like this fantasy is taking place in every bathroom in..... eh, Texas ! No other state , just Texas.

I was going to discuss the technicalities of bra-stuffing and pubic hair exposing at the same time, but........who the F... cares about these gob$hytes.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 27, 2014 2:56:33 PM

4. Warning all Baptists: Ya gotta look out for that bulge in the crouch :)

Posted by: Vint | Jun 27, 2014 3:10:00 PM

5. Mommy, what's crouch?

Posted by: Bollox | Jun 27, 2014 3:30:24 PM

6. Love it. Did no one listen to this ad before sending it out? Because 'No UNequal rights' sounds just like 'no ON equal rights'. SNL couldn't have done a better (worse?) job.

Also, any parent sending a child into a public restroom anywhere unattended (especially in a McDonalds!) is a complete moron. The world is full of crazy ass people (the vast majority of whom are dressed according to their birth gender) and they all meet in the washroom at Micky D's.

Posted by: Island Planet | Jun 27, 2014 3:46:09 PM

7. @ "Mommy, what's crouch?"

Yes, BOLLOX. All I could think about was how big was bulge of the crotch of the person in the ladies' room. And were they crouching at the time of the alleged exposure.

And I'm NOT a size queen. I swear I am NOT! But I like crotches. But that's all in the past because I'm NOT gonna' pay money to get to any crotches. I'm a cheap ol' b1tch.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 27, 2014 3:59:56 PM

8. It is a poorly done ad, but the concern is real. Google "Colleen Francis".

Whether or not you think that girls should have to share bathrooms with untransitioned transsexuals with penises, that issue really should be dealt with on its own. Why was it stuffed into a bill that is intended to protect people from discrimination based on sexual orientation? This should have been a bill about gay, lesbian, bi, and straight people. Transgender issues are different and should be addressed in separate legislation.

Posted by: MikeyOnTheGreen | Jun 27, 2014 4:00:12 PM

9. Mikey,it's not in the ordinance.

We can argue technicalities and the original language, but that language was removed. You can check the ordinance yourself.

The fact that these bigots keep pushing this fear shows that their motives are purely out of animus towards LGBT people.

Posted by: Evan C | Jun 27, 2014 4:24:46 PM

10. At least it doesn't sound like the (alleged) McDonald's worker was reading from a script or anything.

But tell me....does your pubic hair show when you "crouch"? I mean, that's just poor grooming.

Posted by: Big Mac | Jun 27, 2014 4:30:42 PM

11. I'm all for trans rights but I also think there's a difference between transexuals and cross dressers. Unfortunately, it is sometimes difficult to know the difference.

If I was a parent and my daughter came out saying there was a man in the restroom, I too would be upset. How would I know what that man's intentions were? Maybe the person was a transsexual but there are some men out there who cross dress as a sexual fetish and actually get off by wearing women's clothes. And honestly, if this guy is stuffing his bra and exposing a bulge, he sounds more like a cross dresser.

This is a difficult issue that shouldn't be marginalized by the gay community.

Posted by: Arkansassy | Jun 27, 2014 4:44:57 PM

12. Evan, as I understand it, it still is an issue. The ordinance bans "gender identity" and "gender expression" discrimination in public accommodations. Initially, there was a second sentence which said something like "This ordinance applies to bathrooms and lockers so long as the person consistently identifies with a particular gender."

They then removed the second provision, supposedly in response to the bathroom concerns. But since the first part of the law covers bathrooms and lockers, the issue still exists, only now you don't even have the proviso about consistent identification. So not only do you have the original concern about transsexuals, but you also now have an issue of "genderqueers" who say they are men on Monday and women on Tuesday shifting back and forth.

Personally, I couldn't care less who takes a dump where. I'm fine taking a pee next to anyone. But none of this has anything to do with LGB civil rights and these issues shouldn't have been dumped into the same bill. This is all the result of the political ideology of "LGBT".

Posted by: MikeyOnTheGreen | Jun 27, 2014 5:09:53 PM

13. "This ad paid for by the Baptist Ministers..." How sick can you get? LOL!

Posted by: Cary Chauvet | Jun 27, 2014 7:06:15 PM

14. http://www.towleroad.com/2014/06/hilarious-and-disturbing-ad-targets-houstons-lgbt-non-discrimination-ordinance-listen.html

Posted by: Gay Guy | Jun 27, 2014 9:12:19 PM

15. The only thing I learned is that women still have pubic hair.

Posted by: Steve | Jun 28, 2014 12:46:02 AM

16. For those who may wonder who Colleen Francis is:

Posted by: Thedrdonna | Jun 28, 2014 2:27:10 AM

17. What's with the Young and The Restless music?

Posted by: Tre | Jun 28, 2014 2:50:53 AM

18. Please Texas - secede from the U.S. and we can put a BIG wall around your state to protect the rest of us from you.

Posted by: BrokebackBob | Jun 28, 2014 9:23:59 AM

19. Please Texas - secede from the U.S. and we can put a BIG wall around your state to protect the rest of us from you.

Posted by: BrokebackBob | Jun 28, 2014 9:24:03 AM

20. That dude in the restroom was a Baptist minister...

Posted by: mdnc | Jun 28, 2014 10:24:53 AM

21. MDNC that is funny and true.

did she say transgender or trashgender??? I couldn't make it out? Gotta listen to it again I guess...

Posted by: hellena | Jun 29, 2014 11:18:33 AM

22. @MIKEYONTHEGREEN

The Colleen Francis thing was proven to be a hoax.

In fact, I've contacted the political group to get them to substantiate the story in their political ad and they won't do it.

However, if you want to see a real McDonald's incident involving a trans person, there's a lot of videos of Chrissy Lee Polis, a trans woman being beaten unconscious by two cis women while McDonald's employees laughed and filmed the beating.

Posted by: Cristan Williams | Jun 30, 2014 12:48:01 PM