Comments

1. jonnathewoodswoman says

R Kelly seems to have his priorities in order. Give some credit where credit is due. Seems like a good father who loves his kids. Better than the vast majority out there.

2. Rowan says

How long did it take Cher to stop insulting her son???? Yeah. Exactly.

And I don’t even like the guy, plus I think his child is attention seeking. Why make it public?? To rile Daddy up of course.

3. Dre says

@John, please think about what you’re saying. That’s no different than asserting that any gay child of a famous person only comes out for attention.

Why should this kid keep the fact that they’re transgender a secret just because their dad’s famous? In saying that he only did it to “rile Daddy up”, that’s pretty much what you’re implying.

4. JMC says

What the hell? Is Towleroad serious with the spin on this article? He told the interviewer not to call his daughter his son and then tried to act like Jay’s being transgender was a rumor that’s not to be believed. He let off some generic spiel about accepting your children immediately after denying his son’s gender identity outright, and this is the headline you choose?

5. Princely says

Allow Kelly the time it takes any parent to deal with it. Unfortunately, Kelly is a moron in the public eye, so we can’t take his twisted, non-sensical comments to heart. But at the base of it, he sounds like a loving father who will deal with it and come around eventually. Better than the alternative, thats for damn sure.

6. MaryM says

More dreary tranny stories which have no relevance to LGB people.

Who decided to include trannies in the LGB community.

When was there a debate about that?

7. Tristram says

I don’t think it’s a bad thing reporting trans issues but I doubt that towleroad has that many trans readers and therefore it’s not really serving its readership by having such a huge need of related stories.

8. MaryM says

Oh, i realize that there was a debate. And everyone who isn’t a worthless trolling coward like myself was too busy hiding in the closet to attend and cast our votes. So, all those openly-gay and non-bigoted straight people voted, and they decided that LGBT is a good thing, while closeted trolls like me didn’t have our voices heard, namely because we’re too cowardly to actually use our real voices. Oh well. I guess it’s my own fault for being a cowardly little troll with no life.

Long live LGBT – I concede that my cowardice is my problem, not yours.