Dan Choi | Don't Ask, Don't Tell | News | San Francisco

Dan Choi Running for City College of San Francisco Board Spot

Choi

Lt. Dan Choi, who was for many years the public face of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" repeal movement, has announced a candidacy for the City College of San Francisco Board.

Choi2Via campaign website:

Now, Dan has decided to channel his energies towards revitalizing the City College of San Francisco. As a dedicated student throughout his schooling, he has a passion for learning and education. Dan wants to see that all CCSF students have access to an enriching education as to provide them with the tools they need to achieve their goals both inside and outside of the classroom. Aware of the structural and economic issues facing the CCSF educational system, Dan is driven to be a part of the solution.

Choi has largely stayed away from the spotlight following his trial last year stemming from a DADT protest at the White House in 2010.

[via joe.my.god]

Comments

1. I haven't always agreed with Mister Choi's tactics...or protest strategies, but He sure is handsome.

...think he's a top. Aint none of my business. He's just handsome--that's all I have to say.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 21, 2014 2:08:46 PM

2. He started out so well. Such a dashing figure and a passionate advocate for repealing DADT. But he was unstable and a bit wacko. His "performance" at his trial was bizarre. He supported Bradley Manning, who has admitted to violating his oath and committing multiple crimes. And this person thought he would re-enlist? I do give him credit for that campaign blurb, in which he manages to say in many words precisely nothing about what he would do if he wins.

Posted by: Bianca | Aug 21, 2014 2:15:12 PM

3. This dude has always been just a LITTLE too much a of show pony for my liking.

Posted by: C.J. | Aug 21, 2014 2:19:05 PM

4. I have always found this guy irritating and self-serving and a showboat. The very worst kind of OUT AND PROUD.

Posted by: will | Aug 21, 2014 2:19:53 PM

5. I appreciate his spirit and the efforts he has made in the past. But given a history of mental instability as of late, I'm weary of putting him in a position of power.

Posted by: Tyler | Aug 21, 2014 2:22:20 PM

6. I have a lot of respect for Dan Choi, but he's a bit of an odd duck. I'm not entirely comfortable with him being in the national spotlight.

Posted by: Zell | Aug 21, 2014 2:36:46 PM

7. And isn't he a Republican?

Posted by: SeattleMike | Aug 21, 2014 4:00:16 PM

8. Personally, I'm tired of the community holding people up as role models just because they are gay. We need to look at the substance of what they are doing. He came pretty close to betraying the standards of a soldier, so he's no hero to me.

Posted by: Phil | Aug 21, 2014 8:01:25 PM

9. Wow! What a pack of bitches you all are. I guess the old adage is true, those who can do those who can't criticise.

I wish him the best of luck.

Posted by: Josh | Aug 21, 2014 8:44:32 PM

10. Pathetic carpetbagger who moved to SF less than six months ago and can't find a real job because everyone knows he's a loser pothead.

Posted by: Eric | Aug 21, 2014 9:13:34 PM

11. Does Dan know anything about re-accrediting a Community College?

I say this because the current bunch of idiots on the Community College Board have done such a great job of staffing the place with their relatives and cronies that they have now lost their accreditation. That should be the real issue here and not whether Dan is a Top, Pot Head or a Republican.

Posted by: Charlie | Aug 22, 2014 9:41:00 AM

12. Dan has twice threatened suicide. Support my ideas or I will kill myself. Nope. This guy is too unstable!

Posted by: Hector Garcia | Sep 3, 2014 6:15:57 PM