Fashion Men | Film and TV

Manhunt: Anyone Want Some Wood?

Kevinpeake

Last night's premiere of Manhunt was about what I expected: one hour of petulant, egotistical fussiness, a bit of crying, and acres of freshly shaved skin. I just about died when the models were handed a bottle of Nair for Men.

Combatboots2Also, black combat boots and white underwear is a look, but it's certainly not a butch one. The macho conceit of the skydiving sequence was delightfully destroyed by the man-on-man suggestiveness of tandem jumping and the "It's Raining Men" soundtrack. Finally, the brief shot of Kevin Peake in his skydiving gear was enough for me to ask, a la George W. Bush, "Want some wood?" I did feel for poor scared-of-heights Casey who, before being pushed out of the plane, looked the way my dog used to look when I used to try to push him in the door of the veterinarian for a vaccination.

Skydive2You have to give points to our out and proud representative Ron, whose hair was so thick with product that it didn't move an inch even after falling thousands of feet from a plane. There is another alleged gay model in the bunch and it's all over the TV forums on the net already so I have no problem revealing him, but for those of you who don't want to know, don't click this link.

Lineup2 The "real model" among the group is also extremely easy to spot. The cocky boy has already seen his share of reality TV as one of the finalists on the intellectual gem Are You Hot? He has also modeled in the Abercrombie catalog. Figured it out yet? Let's just say he's a clothing whore. If you watched last night, you know who I'm talking about.

Lastly, you'll remember the little tantrum that contestant Hunter threw at the front door of the Standard bar when he wasn't allowed in because he was underage. Let's just say that he's had plenty of experience on the inside of clubs, which these photos will attest to, taken at the Backstreet Dance Club in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Hunter1 Hunter2

Now I bet it doesn't surprise you that his reaction to the bouncer at the Standard was ripping off his shirt.

Previous entry: Attack of the Clones

Comments

1. Don't forget John in that gay ol' mix... "I'm looking for someone who's comfortable with who he is and takes care of himself. "

Posted by: toby | Oct 13, 2004 8:45:59 PM

2. I'm sorry, but wouldn't it be easier to speculate as to which one's are STRAIGHT? I'm short on time here.

Posted by: M@ | Oct 13, 2004 9:12:01 PM

3. Good research! So, they are all gay is what we have decided. 99% work retail. Come on, lol. Though, only a handful are that exciting. Go, ROB!

Posted by: Frank | Oct 13, 2004 10:01:52 PM

4. Rob's bio states that he's gay...did it not used to?

Posted by: Jefferson | Oct 13, 2004 10:19:18 PM

5. Also, Blake looks EXTREMELY familiar to me. Anyone else??

Posted by: Jefferson | Oct 13, 2004 10:20:29 PM

6. You will find Kevin Peake on a cheeeeesy website called allamericanguys.com. (I Googled him) Apparently, he was a runner-up at the third rate male model pageant judged by Anna Nicole Smith on her reality show a while back. Obnoxious as hell, but he takes a pretty picture...

Posted by: Aaron | Oct 14, 2004 12:48:14 AM

7. For some reason, I am just not into this show.

Posted by: MDB | Oct 14, 2004 1:11:41 AM

8. I prefer "America's Top Model" much more. Watching 13 bitchy females compete for a modeling contract is far more interesting to me, for some reason. I think the fact that Carmen Electra hosts "Manhunt" totally turned me off of this show, so I didn't watch it.

Posted by: Patrick | Oct 14, 2004 1:38:50 AM

9. man, i was so pumped about realising that john likes boys, but toby beat me to it. *shakes fist* heheh, nevermind. and yeah, retail? gay.

Posted by: dave | Oct 14, 2004 1:57:43 AM

10. I am shocked, shocked to find male dancers on my bar. Now are is your dollar.

Posted by: Mark | Oct 14, 2004 11:18:42 AM

11. I was surprised when Hunter made a comment about girls seeing as he's a dancer at a gay bar. I was also surprised when Blake mentioned having a Carmen Electra poster. He came off really gay and he's a classically trained dancer according to the Bravo site. Upon doing some digging I also found out that he's appeared in a short film about coming out: www.ryanslife.tv

Posted by: Joe | Oct 14, 2004 6:11:19 PM

12. Don't see a lot of racial diversity here. One African American perhaps,maybe a Latino or two? No Asians. Lots of white clones.

Posted by: Brian | Oct 14, 2004 7:32:55 PM

13. Kevin Peake has also graced the pages of gayest catalog in the world -- International Male. He is pretty, but the flavor doesn't last.

Like so many hot men, who've never really had to exert any effort to get what they want, he is ultimately boring as hell.

Posted by: Harry | Oct 16, 2004 1:55:32 PM

14. As much of princess as Hunter is, I hope he sticks around for a while- that boy has a fabulous body!

Posted by: Rico | Oct 18, 2004 6:26:54 AM

15. Hope that someone here could send me a file or simply tell me where I could download the pilot episode of MANHUNT coz i did not have the time last week to watch it... Plus, my connection is not that good so i can't clearly watch the preview on the MANHUNT bravo site. I hope that anyone here could help me watch that first episode. Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Travis | Oct 18, 2004 11:24:59 AM

16. OMG if hunter daniel is not fine i dont kno who is but yeah i kno Hunter and that BAR picture came as a suprise to me

Posted by: ashley | Oct 20, 2004 1:41:51 PM

17. It don't matter if your gay or straight. Hunter suprised all of us in this small town with this picture. I went to school with him and i would have never thought that he was. Well let me tell you all something just because someone is gay or straight don't give you the right to judge them in anyway. Hunter is fine and is a cute guy. We all still love him no matter what happens.

Posted by: unknown | Oct 23, 2004 5:43:28 PM

18. Of course you would never have though Hunter Daniel was gay! I'm also from the same town. You won't find anyone claiming to be gay when you're surrounded by rednecks. Have you seen his interview video on the Bravo site? How many straight men organize their clothes by brand?

Posted by: JfromDQ | Oct 31, 2004 1:13:57 AM

19. For such a small town, there are apparently a disproportionate number of gay men there. What are y'all putting in the water? LOL!

And how could you not know that Hunter Daniel is gay? Everytime he opens him mouth, a Prada purse falls out! To paraphrase Kristen Davis on "Will & Grace" this week, "if [his] eyebrows were tweezed any more, [he'd] be Nicole Kidman!" LMAO!

Posted by: CBaz85251 | Nov 1, 2004 11:26:21 PM

20. No surprise that Hunter Daniel is gay. He needs to get out of DeQueen and go find love in the Big City (ANY big city).
    It sounded like Kevin Peake said he was gay in one episode. My gaydar had been set off by him right away, but since he is the "embedded" model he had to pretend to be straight, I suppose. I wonder if he will come out more directly on the show?
    Rob, Ron, and John were also gay Manhunt contestants. Five gay guys in all in the final 16.

Posted by: Hephaestion | Nov 10, 2004 11:53:53 AM

21. Well let the gossip begin... I'm here to tell you how many people are gay in dequeen.. that i known of, there are 14 of us in this redneck town. Well when i get ready to go out i call them up and ask them if they want to go out with me. Usally there's about 7 of us that always go out. Being gay in a small town with a population of 5,000 you wouldnt think there were this many gay's...but there are. whether Hunter is gay or straight we all will love him in this small town with a body like that he can do anything he puts his mind to doing.
    its hard to be gay in a small town like Dequeen but no matter how you look at it were all the same judge yourself before you judge someone else!!!!
    love always
    RLBDQ

Posted by: RLBDQ | Nov 18, 2004 3:06:34 AM

22. GOD, I think Kevi P. is a stud. He reminds me so much of my bf. He is also very hot (gosh, just touching his abs makes me grow a whole forrest of wood :-). Well anyway, our relationship is a secret and Kevin's sexuality will be too. Strong, cool characters are afraid of losing their coolness because prefering fries over onion rings is still not very well accepted in our society. Sucks and is difficult but I love him anyway. :-) Anyone has evidence that Kev is a boi? LOL

Posted by: carl | Nov 25, 2004 8:09:13 PM

23. anyone have any nude pics of Kevin?

Posted by: corey | Nov 30, 2004 10:21:40 PM

24. I love hot guys

Posted by: Christopher | Dec 20, 2004 11:32:48 AM

25. pls put some good pics of hunter daneil... pls...

Posted by: meltom | Jan 26, 2005 11:09:26 PM