American Idol Contestant Outed

Anwar_1

AfterElton.com has outed American Idol contestant Anwar Robinson. I’m not sure why writer John Chiklis feels that his sexuality is an “issue” at this point, but he’s certainly working hard to make it into one: “It also raises questions around why Robinson did not remove his profile once he was selected to be on the show, given the intense scrutiny he knew he was going to receive as a contestant on a show watched by over 20 million Americans each week.” Maybe, just maybe, Mr. Robinson didn’t care — and wouldn’t that be refreshing.

Comments

1. says

I just came away from American Idol with two thoughts and then found this posting, confirming one. I don’t think the second needs confirmation. Watching Anwar tonight, I suddenly realized, oh, he’s gay. It just came to me in a very natural and matter of fact way. The second thought was whether or not Paula Abdul would make it to tomorrow’s show. I guess that depends on when the binge began. Very sad.

2. Wayne says

Paula has been loaded for the past 2 seasons! Every single week she’s high…and by the look of her “face” she’s medicating due to awful plastic surgery…some might call her lips “juicy” but I’d have to say they look a little bloated to me. Straight Up Now!

3. Nick says

What I love is that she keeps showing up to work, more and more messed up and the producers are letting her go on the air. As long as she’s fucked up and kind, I guess they are letting it slide.

4. says

But is she woozy from the meds? Or the binging and purging? Or her legal issues?

Ahh. To be a has-been pop icon with issues.

BTW, we already assume that many of the boys are at the club. It’s time to let them g’head and do their thing.

Rod
    brotha2Brotha

5. Bill says

I just don’t get why this writer chose to out Anwar. He’s made no disparaging gay remarks. He wasn’t lobbying softball questions to a president. He hasn’t campaigned for anti-gay legislation. Yet, the writer at afterelton felt it his need to “out” him. The point of this was…? To show that there are gay pop stars? Fine. But as we all know, this won’t advance his record sales or his popularity thus making him of a footnote than a headline. Thumbs down to afterelton

6. jepoy says

what matters is talent. it is, afterall, a talent show. the guy’s got it. give him a break. he’s pursuing a dream. he’s entitled to that, gay or not.

7. Jaymie in PA says

I am waiting for confirmation from a journalist friend of mine on this but rumor has it.. Anwar and contestant Scott Savol were both screwed with this past week, coincidence or more? Apparently, this is all happening from one of the contestants who really wants to win. They befriended everyone found out dirt and now is passing it out. I don’t know if it’s a fact or not, but if there is one more contestant with their persoanl life on display out of the blue–I would start looking closer at the idol contestants.

8. dario enriquez says

i think anwar is still the best singer in this batch. but sometimes i felt that anwar lacks some emotional thing when singing his piece. anyways good luck anwar we still believe in your talent coming from all of us in the philippines.

9. says

I like the cut of this program always supporting new or potential new talent, now I wonder, that parties will be all of this production, in humiliating many seriously in finding new talent? Thanks for the blog is very good ..

10. says

this is all happening from one of the contestants who really wants to win. They befriended everyone found out dirt and now is passing it out. I don’t know if it’s a fact or not, but if there is one more contestant with their persoanl life on display out of the blue.