Fred Phelps and Alan Colmes Get It On

Fredphelps_1I wish I’d caught evil Reverend Fred Phelps on Alan Colmes’ FOX News radio show, but News Hounds’ transcript of his exchange with Colmes offers a pretty good picture:

Colmes, perhaps also recalling Randall Terry, asked Phelps if he was a repressed homosexual.

As he did the last time Colmes asked, Phelps ducked the question. “If you don’t get off that – you did that last time. Nobody asks that kind of an insulting question except a fag. Are you a fag?”

Colmes answered, “I’m a happy person but I’m not gay.”

Phelps: Well, Then don’t be asking an impertinent question…

Colmes: I can’t believe you’d go on and on and on…

Phelps: What’s that got to do with it?

Colmes: You froth at the mouth about homosexuals…

Phelps: What’s that got to do with it?

According to the News Hounds report, “Phelps has been picketing the funerals of soldiers killed by improvised explosive devices in Iraq as divine retribution for the ‘fags’ who set off a bomb at his church.” Phelps ended his interview by telling Colmes, he’s “the only one who loves these fags.”

Comments

1. Wayne says

This fag certainly loves Fred! If he keeps this up the rest of the country will begin to fear him and empathize with us! When you put us side by side, The Gays look God-like by comparison!

2. robert says

Freddie’s ducked questions speak volumes regarding the real truth in his “crusade.” Phelps need’s serious counseling and not by other bible thumpers.

3. says

So true. There will always be freaks like phelps out there. They are already out of the mainstream (in most places) and they need to be kept out…Another school of thought says given them more air time and let them shoot themselves in the foot PR wise.

4. Steve says

I ran into Phelps at a gay pride parade in NYC. He, of course, was picketing and surrounded by protective cops. I don’t believe in the existence of evil, but I have to say that it was the first time in my life where I actually felt a scary evil presence around me.

5. JOE says

People with genuine personalilty disorders, e.g. Narcissistic Personality Disorder, often have that effect on people – there is a palpable, tangible sense of some kind of creepy, “evil,” negative energy. Particularly true of people with Antisocial Personality Disorder, Narcissistic PD and Borderline PD. If Fred knew we were talking about him right now, he’d probably cum (eew).

6. rick says

I’m not gay, But I hate this Mother Fucker’s
    Anti-American rhetoric. If he hates America he can get the fuck out. How dare he dishonor the soldiers who die protecting he stupid worthless freedom of speech.
    When he dies he will go to hell, and his suffering will be legendary even in hell.

7. HomoZappien says

Fred knows what he is talking about. America has been cursed with an irreversible curse.

The country we once knew and loved has degenerated into nothing but filth.

America IS doomed.

8. HomoZappien says

The country we once knew and loved has degenerated into nothing but filth.

America IS doomed.

9. Jess says

Odd as it may sound Phelps used to be a pretty competent civil rights attorney. If he had died young history may have viewed him in a similar light to John Brown who is seen in large murals throughout Topeka. He used to defend black rights with a similar zeal to that which he is now known for against gay rights. He is also a strong proponent of private property rights.
    I think Phelps lost his mind at some point in the 80s. Sometimes that happens as people grow senile with age, but Phelps also created a cult within his household that is just as zealous as he is. Now they just seem to choose things at random to protest that dont even have any biblical mandate in the remotest sence. Perhaps he simply grew addicted to controversy and has a need to be hated.