Tom Ford and the Fashion Bots

Tom Ford: “We’ve become plastic, objectifying the human body…waxed and polished and buffed and shined up and manipulated. And then, of course, I’m portrayed as the one doing the manipulating, the polishing, buffing, shaping, which is what I do. It’s just what we do. What the fashion industry does.”

Tomford1

Tomford2

Tomford3

Tomford4

I had to do a double triple-take at that third photo to convince myself it was really Mr. Ford in his birthday suit and the most shocking thing about it is that Steven Klein convinced him to change out of that dark jacket/white shirt combo he’s been wearing for nearly two decades. These are outtakes from a shoot in the November W magazine. More here.
(via farpas & bitaites)

Comments

1. william says

Just saw all of the pics. Bleach blonde male triplets in black underwear wrestling with Tom Ford…I have a sweating burning sensation I have never felt before.

2. Chuck says

Is it just me or in photo 7 on Style’s photo gallery, the photo where one of the Jay Manuels (they look like him) is holding Tom down and Tom is bucking his hips, does Tom have an erection?

I’d forgotten how beautiful he is. The contrast between him and the Jay Manuels makes me even happier he keeps his body hair.

3. resurrect says

“tom ford” – a name so banal for a man so idiosyncratic. the spread is visionary and electric – a 21st century “After Dark”. I’m personally hoping this moment marks the end of the “boi” movement and ignities a new appreciation for sexy, smart gay homosexual MEN.

4. jon says

I thought Mr. Ford was abandoning fashion for a directing career in the movie industry. Has he made any progress in his ability in wanting to direct a film?

5. Matt says

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
    Romans 1:27

6. Tonya says

Both the photo shoot and interview with Tom Ford in W magazine were a brilliant social commentary on sex, fashion and the illusive search for perfection. Often this search ends with beauty being denatured.
    But sex does sell and I am the proof. I never buy “W” but I when I saw Tom Ford, I was seduced to buy photos of my only celebrity crush. Man, Woman, gay or straight: all would be charmed by Mr. Ford’s refined edge. Tom Ford is the epitome of masculinity. He is both polished and rugged: the sum of contrasts which make his beauty both unique and yet very simple.
    Gorgeous…..

7. Muji says

man you canot get enough of it,may be genious of its own kind,his designs are like sypmphoneis Depeds how you dare to play,ARE YOU READY for more of him FOR HIM.

8. Michalynn says

I never knew he was so beautiful….of course he is gay, do you think he would consider one bubble bath with me and a chance to make him straight? A girls got to dream……M xoxox