Cuba | Discrimination | France | Gay Marriage | Great Britain | Lance Bass | News | Paris | Religion

News: FMA, Gay Vito, Gay in Cuba, Abbé Pierre

road.jpg Sen. Wayne Allard and Rep. Marilyn Musgrave are giving up on attempts to revive an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would ban gay marriage. Allard: "If we thought there was a decent chance to bring it to the floor for debate, I would, but with the new Congress, I'm not sure we will ever have that opportunity."

Gayvitoroad.jpg Remember Joseph Gannascoli aka gay Vito from The Sopranos? He's getting ready to host his own diet radio show: "The radio show has an odd seventies vibe; 1976 Olympic superstar Bruce Jenner is even mentioned in promotions. There is no possible way Gannascoli will not be wearing a velour tracksuit during the interviews."

road.jpg French Catholic priest Abbé Pierre, a champion of the homeless who angered the church by voicing his support for gay adoption and gay marriage, dies in Paris at 94.

road.jpg Downhill skiing with Lance and Reichen.

road.jpg The FBI admits they screwed up on the Foley case: "While finding no official misconduct on the part of FBI officials, the inspector general said 'the e-mails provided enough troubling indications on their face' to have warranted follow-up steps. Instead, the inspector general found, the supervisory agent decided there was no evidence of criminal wrongdoing and 'placed the e-mails in her in box and took no further action' even though she found the e-mails 'odd.'"

Havanadragroad.jpg As time marches on, are minds becoming less narrow in Havana?

road.jpg Bristol, England man wins damages in sexual orientation discrimination case against his former employer, Bristol County Sports Club: "After about eight-and-a-half years I got tired of living a lie and told them that I was gay. After that they just started to make my life hell. They just were looking for an excuse to get rid of me. One member of staff told me that all gays were evil and one told me that he thought all gays should be shot. When I went to this disciplinary hearing there were eight members of the committee there and they drank all the way through it."

Comments

1. HA HA! Reichen got caught cheating on Lance with Davis from The Real World Denver while Reichen was in Atlanta for a speaking engagement! That makes me so sad because I LOVED Davis....now he's just tainted.

Posted by: Tyler | Jan 23, 2007 1:19:05 PM

2. I bet you Lance and Reichen are DONE after this weekend.

Posted by: Brett | Jan 23, 2007 2:01:14 PM

3. Lance and Reichen are easily my favorite celebrity couple out there. Love seeing them together!

Posted by: Da | Jan 23, 2007 3:21:12 PM

4. Leland? Are you out there in cyberspace my friend? I am longing for your post re: La Reich as a snow bunny.

Posted by: rudy | Jan 23, 2007 3:36:44 PM

5. Tyler, where is this news about Reichen and Davis? Unless you have a site or some blog or something, I'll just believe you're making stuff up. Or gossiping. Or projecting.

Posted by: Johnson | Jan 23, 2007 5:12:24 PM

6. Johnson, it was on P---z H----n. I hate myself for knowing that.

Posted by: Freddie | Jan 23, 2007 5:32:05 PM

7. Allard: "If we thought there was a decent chance to bring it to the floor for debate, I would, but with the new Congress, I'm not sure we will ever have that opportunity."

And certain people who post on this blog said that strong, unilateral gay support for the Democratic Party was misplaced and was a flawed political strategy. I think this is conclusive proof that those arguments (and the people making them) were very, very wrong...

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Jan 23, 2007 11:24:53 PM

8. "Acceptance," particularly in Latin American cultures, never be fully realized as long as we sit quietly while drag freaks are portrayed as representing all gay men.

Posted by: Tagg | Jan 24, 2007 10:40:03 AM

9. I've only been given official permission to share this with one other person so keep this just between you and me. While others cruelly criticize what APPEARS TO BE yet more endless pictures of Reichen & Lance endlessly playing through life, the ski trip was actually a top secret ruse so that Reichen could continue his tireless war on DADT. The guy between him & Lance in the gondola? A senior official in the Bush Administration! All those gift bags R & L were seen scooping up? Each one contained a coded message from the Secretary of Defense. All those red carpets? More code. For what we're not certain, but word is that until some last minute snafu regarding checks clearing, Bush was going to announce the end of DADT during his State of the Union last night; Lance was to sing "The Star Spangled Banner," and the President, tears in his eyes, would tell the nation how much he personally wanted to thank Reichen, who was to sit between Laura and Condi, for his countless sacrifices and convincing our Commander in Chief that DADT was wrong, just wrong! Reichen would then stand and take his shirt off.

Posted by: Leland | Jan 24, 2007 11:08:25 AM