Ben Affleck | Gay Marriage | Los Angeles | Massachusetts | News | Rhode Island | Television | Vermont | Victoria Beckham

BigGayDeal.com

News: Vermont Hate, Richard Nixon, Mont Blanc, Judd Apatow

road.jpg Rhode Island Supreme Court to hear arguments tomorrow in the case of two lesbians who married in Massachusetts but want a divorce in Rhode Island: "A Family Court judge has asked the state Supreme Court to decide whether he has the authority to rule on what's believed to be the state's first same-sex divorce case. Lawyers for the women say the case has no bearing on whether gay couples can get married in Rhode Island. The General Assembly has repeatedly rejected gay marriage bills."

Hotfleckroad.jpg Contemplating the hotter Affleck.

road.jpg More hate in Vermont: Burlington school hit with anti-gay graffiti. "Vandals spray-painted a swastika and other racist messages around the entrance to the city's middle school, but maintenance staff were able to clean it up before classes started Monday, officials said. Linda Carroll, principal of the school, said the graffiti included racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic words and images."

road.jpg Gawker took a trip to OUT magazine's party for their most recent issue, featuring the bare ass of Tom Ford.

road.jpg Street in the San Fernando Valley to be named for lesbian psychotherapist Betty Berzon.

road.jpg Brad Pitt and family are setting up home at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York for a cool $100K a month.

Poshroad.jpg Victoria Beckham poofs out in Paris.

road.jpg Superbad director Judd Apatow lashed out at studio executive who axed his TV shows: "I don't understand how you can [bleep] me in the [bleep] when your [bleep] is still in me from last time."

road.jpg Ricky Gervais lampoons George Michael's sex life in Extras (clip).

road.jpg Richard Nixon called Fred Thompson, then a young Senate lawyer, "dumb as hell" during the Watergate investigation.

road.jpg A group of climbers hauled a portable Jacuzzi to the top of Mont Blanc, set it up, and got in. Wouldn't be too much fun if that thing slid down the hill. (via kottke)

road.jpg Performance by former Kids in the Hall actor Scott Thompson at Softball Gay World Series inspires letters of apology from tournament director: "According to our source, the comedian began bombing right after he dissed Kathy Griffin. You don't diss Kathy to the gays! He then went on to clear out the stadium with 'lame vulgar jokes and even used the N word.' At one point, he stopped his act and addressed a gaggle of lesbians that turned their backs to him, and said, 'Thanks for turning your backs while I'm here actually trying to do something. Trying to perform!'"

Comments

1. What a sour and ugly woman Victoria Beckham is. Mindless spending obviously isn't making her very happy.

Posted by: Matt | Oct 9, 2007 2:36:15 PM

2. Love the jacuzzi story, and the pictures of the wet, hot, almost naked men. The scenery looking out over the French Alps wasn't bad either. ;-)

Posted by: Will | Oct 9, 2007 2:59:47 PM

3. Totally Casey.

Posted by: sam | Oct 9, 2007 3:19:35 PM

4. Yup, def Casey...I think he's a better actor too. Although I don't agree with using the N word in any kind of comedy bit, Scott is 1000 times funnier than Kathy Griffin.

Posted by: Davey | Oct 9, 2007 3:32:16 PM

5. Judd Apatow created one of the best shows ever in Freaks and Geeks, but sadly it was cancelled in the first season. I still watch my DVD collection of it. I bet he's getting the last laugh now, or is it the first of many loud ones? Suddenly, he's *the* comedy director - and an amazing one at that.

Posted by: Ryan | Oct 9, 2007 4:00:45 PM

6. Apatow didn't direct Superbad, Greg Motolla did. I think Apatow was a producer.

Posted by: TOM | Oct 9, 2007 5:22:00 PM

7. I absolutly loved the Gervais clip. George at least has a sense of humour.

Posted by: Joshua | Oct 9, 2007 6:36:15 PM

8. @ MATT -- Hmmm, what\\\\\\\'s a bigger sign of being a sour tragedy...having a great career and marriage and having fun whilst doing it, or posting snipey, superior-sounding posts on the interwebs? You decide...

I think Victoria looks great, and I think if she finds fashion important and enjoys it, more power to her. You go, Victoria!

Posted by: Becks07 | Oct 9, 2007 7:02:31 PM

9. I love Victoria. She's majah!

Casey is way hotter than his bro, and after seeing "The assasination of Jesse James", i'd say he's a way better actor as well.

Posted by: michael | Oct 9, 2007 8:13:03 PM

10. Aptow is so on the way to screwing himself out of a career.

I can't believe he thought it was cool to track Steve Martin down to his house and whine about an autograph - what a dick! I thought Martin's explanation for night giving the autograph at his home was 150% fair and reasonable.

www.theskinofmyteeth.com

David

Posted by: David B. | Oct 9, 2007 8:19:48 PM

11. Ben Affleck was on one of the TVs when I was at the gym today. He looks plastic and weird now... in that Carson Daly and Joey Lawerence way.

Posted by: RP | Oct 9, 2007 9:30:32 PM

12. Uhh...Ben is most definately HOTTER. He's the guy I'd want to strip me down and then...well...essentially rock me around the damn room.

Casey is CUTE. But not hot.

Posted by: Wayne | Oct 10, 2007 8:55:24 AM

13. Ben Affleck cannot be outHotty-ed!

Posted by: hecknah | Oct 10, 2007 5:21:48 PM