News: George Clooney, Dogs, ENDA, Gay Muslims, Rudy Giuliani

road.jpg ENDA: Michelangelo Signorile asks some tough questions of HRC’s Joe Solmonese about the decision to go from opposing a non-transgender ENDA to fully backing it. (AUDIO)

Lanceroad.jpg Lance Bass and new man Ben Thigpen spend their bread at Butter.

road.jpg George Clooney and Fabio get their claws out at West Hollywood restaurant: “I thought you were a nice guy. Stop being a diva!”

road.jpg All I can say is, thank goodness there aren’t many cliffs in Wisconsin.

road.jpg Judge sees evidence that Rita Cosby “crossed the line” in evidence gathering for her Anna nicole book which alleges a gay relationship between Howard K. Stern and Larry Birkhead: “A federal judge in the Southern District of New York issued an order today in the wake of Stern’s allegation that Cosby ‘sought to tamper with two witnesses by offering to pay them thousands of dollars for their testimony.’ The judge allowed Stern to probe the allegation, concluding he has ‘presented substantial — indeed troubling — evidence that Cosby has sought to improperly influence witnesses…’ In a statement to TMZ, Rita Cosby said ‘I am pleased that the Court will get to the bottom of these unfounded allegations. I trust that when all the facts come out that a very different picture will be shown.'”

Gyllenspoonroad.jpg Gyllenhaal and Witherspoon in nocturnal paparazzi ambush.

road.jpg Sydney summer Gay Day going green.

road.jpg According to Mother Jones, Towleroad is blocked at the Denver International Airport: “Your request to URL “http://www.towleroad.com/” has been blocked by the URL Filter Database. The URL is listed under categories (Provocative Attire, Politics / Opinion), which are not allowed by your administrator at this time. The following reputation level was assigned to it: Neutral.”

road.jpg Democrats take back the state Senate in Virginia.

Dogsroad.jpg World’s tallest dog meets world’s smallest.

road.jpg The NYT visits gay Muslims who have gained asylum in NYC: “Even as they reveled in newfound freedom compared with the Muslim world, they remained closeted, worried about being ostracized at the mosque or at their local falafel stand. ‘They’re afraid of the rest of the community here,’ said Ayman, a stocky 31-year-old from Jordan, who won asylum in the United States last year on the basis of his sexuality. ‘It’s such a big wrong in the Koran that it is impossible to be accepted.’ For gay Muslims, change may come via a nascent body of scholarship in minority Muslim communities where the reassessment of sacred texts used to damn homosexuality is gaining momentum.”

road.jpg I’ll take the two of spades: Eva Mendes plays with some hot cards.

road.jpg Pat Robertson endorses Rudy Giuliani. Talking Points Memo: “…the Robertson endorsement Rudy Giuliani bagged today is perhaps the ultimate fusion of right-wing religious extremism and war on terror mania. Giuliani’s claim to the presidency is based on his service as mayor during and immediately after 9/11. What stops him from being a shoe-in for the nomination is his track record supporting abortion rights and gay rights. But, Robertson is on record saying that 9/11 was America’s punishment for its sinful gay-loving, abortion permitting culture. As Robertson says on his website, the attacks happened because God withdrew his protection from America. He agreed with the late Jerry Falwell that America “deserved” 9/11.”

road.jpg Clinton lead slips 10% following debate debacle.

Comments

1. crispy says

That URL Filter Database is both fascinating and retarded. I wonder if it was the “Provocative Attire” or the “Politics/Opinion” that got you by blocked by the puritans at the Denver airport?

2. says

Yeah Muslim countries have a long way to go. But then again so do a lot of Christian nations too.

I read that George vs Fabio piece over at Perezhilton.com and it was hilarious the way he described it.

Oh and Lance seems to have gotten himself a cute one this time. Go Lance,Go!

3. says

I wish you would stop posting these bits like the Gyllenhaal mention whose origins are the stalking and ambushing of people trying to live their lives. All it does is encourage other scum photogs to accost people in situations that are frequently dangerous.

I live in the area a lot of this happens in the Hollywood Hills. I can reasonably see a celebrity accidentally slamming on the gas after being startled and plowing into somebody’s living room or, God forbid, over the drive and crashing down the hillside. Or outside the restaurants and somebody walking their dog gets hit.

I get the posing at an event or out at a club, but not while they’re driving their car or in their home/property. I know, personally, I couldn’t take that kind of crap and somebody other than myself would either end up shot or hit by my car…

David

4. Sebastian says

Rudy and Pat, two peas in a pod, just disgusting how these sorts hook up. I guess now, good old boy Rudy will start trying to out Mitt Mitt on gay issues.

And, speaking of hooking up, has Mr. Bass had one night without a man since the love of his life kicked him to the curb? Money can keep a man in your bed, no matter what I guess!

And, that dog picture is just too adorable!

5. Watch out for that clinton cult kool aid says

Westerly

She herself has stated

It was sexism’s fault

Bill came out and said it was “swiftboating” as if comparing what was done to Kerry’s war record compares to be called forth to state her stands on policies.

She herself has now stated publicly “I was not at the top of my game”

Her own campaign and her own words point to her knowing it was a fiasco. A 10% drop in poll numbers shows it was devastating.

Please put down that kool aid from the clinton cult before it is too late.

6. Paul says

I wonder if other gay sites are banned at the Denver airport, and how automated the system is?

Hurray for big dogs! I’d always be worried about stepping on a small one. But all (well, most) dogs are great.

7. Greg says

Towleroad is blocked at many airports and at every American Airlines Admiral’s Club that I’ve ever tried to access it from. It’s considered “adult” content.

8. Jordan says

When, please god, will the press coverage of Lance Bass ever stop? He has less talent than Paris and Britney combined (and that is truly saying something), and he’s not even cute!

How pathetic he can’t see that these guys are only with him cause of his fame and money. (those gold-digging whores…but he has had some hotties)

9. Westerly says

Thanks, JMG.

As for the post above, none of that stuff is actually true. Hillary didn’t blame sexism. Her campaign certainly didn’t say the debate was a disaster. It’s ALL right wing talking points that have been picked up by the “mainstream” media, Towleroad included.

That said, yay for ENDA!

10. ryan says

Chad, if that’s true, what’s the big deal? Ben probably wanted to see what he has to measure up to… Jesse was the love of Lance’s life, according to his book.

11. debate Nancy pelosi to ABC news says

Please deny

– After the debate clinton appeared at her alma mater Wesley college and about being pilled on by the “all-boys club

– The same day as the Wesley college spiel her campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle sent out a fundraising e-mail suggesting the questioning of her policies in the debate was males ganging up on a woman

-Hillary’s Chief strategist Mark Penn stressed she was being picked on due to her being female.

It became so bad!!!!!!!!!!! That Nancy pelosi responded criticizing the Clinton Campaign. On ABC NEWS Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi

said that Hillary was not being picked on due to her gender , BUT!!!!! the Clinton campaign was trying to make people think that was the case. Nancy pelosi called the clinton campaign out for playing the gender/ sexism card

-Kate Michelman is the former president of NARAL Pro-Choice America. She says that Hillary is “disingenuously playing the victim card,” and she is infusing her campaign with messages about gender

– Bill Clinton in response to hillary being called out on her policy stands said she was being swiftboated

Just today!!!!!!!!!!! Hillary has finally admitted “I was not at the top of my game” about the debate.

With the polls cited by Andy here at towleroad, The Washington post and CNN’s newes national polls show that Hilalry 1 week after the debate has dropped 10% points which is a HUGE drop

Please disprove a former head of NARAL and NANCY Pelosi pointing out that Hillary and her campaign are trying to play the sexism/ gender card.

Please disprove hillary’s own words that she didn’t do her best, from someone who NEVER admits a mistake

Please enlighten us how 2 national polls showing a 10% drop = non disaster debate performance.

Thanks

12. k says

Ok, I really don’t mean to bash Lance, because he really does seem to be a nice and likable guy…. but it seems like all the news about him is who he is hanging with, who he is dating, how he feels so liberated since he came out, etc etc etc… It’s just like the way I felt when I finally came out 15 years ago — there was a whole new world for me and I couldn’t wait to experience all of it and had to tell everyone about it… “gay” was my main focus…. So I understand what he is going through and I’m happy for him. But enough is enough now. He’d make more of an impact if he focused on other aspects of his life. Time will tell…

13. k says