Police Investigating Hate Crime Attack Outside Kentucky Gay Bar

Bang

WKYT reports on a recent attack outside Bang Nightclub in Lexington, Kentucky:

“Lexington Police are investigating an attack outside a nightclub as a possible hate crime. It happened this weekend after a fundraiser at Bang nightclub on North Limestone. A man says as he walked to his car two men yelled an anti-gay remark, then began punching him in the face. His two front teeth were knocked out, and he suffered some facial injuries. Lexington police say the are taking the crime seriously, but the victim was not able to give them a good description of his attackers. Mayor Newberry also says his office is looking into the attack. The owner of the alternative lifestyle club says he hasn’t had problems of this sort in the 10 years he’s been in business.”

Attack, Possible Hate Crime, Near Lexington Club [wkyt w video]

Comments

1. FizziekruntNT says

I read the article, if you could call it that, and can’t lend too much credence to the reporter’s skill or dexterity with American English, Peter. I thought the same thing, but after reading the mindless two-sentence paragraphs, I came to the conclusion that it was better to waste my energy on making a quip here than to write to the most likely just-out-of-school reporter to express my personal distaste with his misuse of both “alternative” and “lifestyle” of which, being gay is neither.

2. says

I just wanted to clarify was Fizziekruntnt said, which I completely agree with. As I was once a just-out-of-school reporter, I can attest that they know how to write better than TV news reporters who cannot write for sh!t.

Those are prolly his notes typed up, which is even funnier that he wrote “alternative lifestyle club” trying to find a non-offensive way of saying “gay club,” although it ended up being offensive anyway.

3. mike says

I love the newspaper description “alternative lifestyle club”. Shows you how infected and corrupted American discourse has become due to the pernicious and unrelenting propaganda of the right-wingnuts of this country. My “lifestyle” ain’t “alternative”. It is ME. It is REAL. It is as American as anybody else’s. In fact, my LIFE isn’t a “lifestyle”. And, I am getting damned sick and tired of it being referred to as such. Time to fight back, people, and fight back hard against homophobia and hatred. Nice-nice is no more.

4. mike says

5. craig says

Ah yes…more “white trash beating fag” stories coming from the lovely Blue Grass State. What do you expect where family trees aren’t branching and your Daddy is the best kisser of all. Some things will never change. I am thankful every day I got outta that part of this tragic part of the country 21 years ago and started to love myself.

6. Sebastian says

This hate has got to stop, and, I blame it all on the repugnant’s who have used the glbt community as a scapegoat for all the so called ills of society. And, I’m sick and tired of these chumps and cowards with small weenies who are not secure in their own alleged manhood who get away with it, or think they can and go out and gay bash.

And, a lousy legal system that seldom punished them without more than a slap on the hand.

And, someone tell this twin Mayor, gay is not an “alternative” lifestyle, its just as valid as his and his dull sex life.