Gay Marriage | Michael Savage | News

Michael Savage: Homosexual Mafia is Raping Children's Minds

Talk Radio Network's Michael Savage has unleashed some particularly disgusting anti-gay nonsense on his show this week.

Savage_2"I had to explain to my young son why these two men were holding hands the other day," said one caller on the June 16th broadcast of anti-gay radio show host Michael Savage's radio show.

Savage responded:

"You've got to explain to the children ... why God told people this was wrong. You have to explain this to them in this time of mental rape that's going on. The children's minds are being raped by the homosexual mafia, that's my position. They're raping our children's minds."

Media Matters reports that earlier that day another caller had called in to discuss same-sex marriage.

Said Savage: "It's not a joke when you pervert an institution like marriage, which is in trouble enough. It's not a joke. Our children are being destroyed by this. It's a very important story. The children don't know what to make of it. Children nine, 10 are saying, 'I'm gay.' They don't know what it even means. It's a giant propaganda machine trying to pervert children."

Audio at Media Matters.

Previously
Savage, Limbaugh, Imus, Coulter: The Week in Hate Speech [tr]

Comments

1. How about telling your kids that the two men holding hands love each other, you ignorant f'ing douchebag.

Posted by: JJ | Jun 19, 2008 10:34:45 AM

2. If he has children, we can count on them growing into narrow-minded hate-filled ignorant a-holes like their father. Or, more hopefully, gay, since many of the haters seem to raise gay children, oddly enough.

Posted by: Ernie | Jun 19, 2008 10:39:30 AM

3. As should be well-known, back in the day Savage Weiner crawled into a hot tub with Allen Ginsberg in the hope that Allen would give him a blow-job. Allen (far more tasteful than has been generally acknowledged) declined. Savage Weiner never got over it.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 19, 2008 10:49:42 AM

4. The fact that Sav-ass has to go to such lengths to express his repulsion for gays suggests to me that he's struggling with some serious latent homo issues.

Only his rentboy knows for sure.

Posted by: banjiboi | Jun 19, 2008 10:57:42 AM

5. Michael Weiner (his real name) makes his living with anti-gay hate speech and he's enormously popular for it. The Huffington Post reported back in January that his program was losing advertisers, yet he soldiers on. If you've got the stomach for it, here's the Worst-of-Weiner from Media Matters:

"According to an account in the New York Times, Savage broadcasts his show out of three "virtual safe houses" - whose location he will not reveal - and "is licensed to carry a pistol and does so," out of fears for his life. His program reaches an estimated EIGHT MILLION listeners a week on nearly 400 stations."

God bless America!

Posted by: John in Manhattan | Jun 19, 2008 10:58:17 AM

6. The bleatings of a dinosaur on its way to extinction.

Posted by: phil | Jun 19, 2008 10:59:56 AM

7. I knew from around age 5 that I liked boys more than girls, I just did not know what that meant. My Mom did (my father stayed in denial). She died when I was barely a teen.

My father would have made Archie Bunker appear Liberal, but you know, I never succumbed to his "values", and as a matter of fact, as we both matured, he rose above a lot of the blue-collar bigotry and homophobia that was my household as a child.

I do not have satellite radio (nor will I ever), and other than through here, I have no idea who this Savage moron is. All I know is that anyone can go on [cable or satellite] and be a mouthpiece for some batch of wing-nuts, and that batch of wing-nuts will pay to hear it.

That does not mean anyone else does or should, and I loathe any mainstream organization that would bother to give this crap and craphead air time.

Posted by: Rad | Jun 19, 2008 11:05:59 AM

8. a license to carry a gun, a license to go on the airwaves, and a license to reproduce... 3 licenses too many.

Posted by: A.J. | Jun 19, 2008 11:09:13 AM

9. McCain supporters, listen to Savage and hear the voice of the Rightwing loons who will expect McCain to follow their lead. Savage is not part of the Republican fringe, Limbaugh, Coulter, Medved, and the rest all share the same anti-gay beliefs. Some are simply more polite in their bigotry but all want the same thing.

Posted by: noah | Jun 19, 2008 11:14:13 AM

10. I have mixed feelings about this... it is America and we do have the right to free speech, so he can rant all he wants. I have never heard his show, and have no desire to listen to him. I am now just a bit curious as to who would sponsor his show? Does anybody know? Also, who would admit to listening to such tripe? It's good to call him out and let people know what a moron he, his listeners, and sponsors are...but the flip side of that is he is just getting free advertising - and much more attention than he deserves. As I said about the wingnuts who oppose same sex marriage... I just can't comprehend how someone can buy into such hateful things... it is very very sad - and I actually feel sorry for them, to go through life with such hate... and for what? What constructive purpose does it serve, whose life is better because of it? I think it is the politics of distraction... keep the masses from thinking about things that really matter... like the blatant manipulation of oil prices.

Posted by: Mike | Jun 19, 2008 11:22:02 AM

11. Mike, well put. Whose life is better for the hatred?

Posted by: Rad | Jun 19, 2008 11:44:31 AM

12. I also knew I was gay by the age of 5, although I had no idea what gay was.

When I admitted it to myself was much later, however. But I got crushes on boys at 5, for sure.

Posted by: Wes | Jun 19, 2008 11:45:37 AM

13. Might I also add that ironically it was people like Savage who induced suicidal thoughts in my mind at that age.

The "protect the children" crusaders are really only out to use children for their cause, and could care less about protecting kids who actually happen to be gay. They are the ones hurting them.

Posted by: Wes | Jun 19, 2008 11:50:39 AM

14. Michael Weiner's is a self-loathing closet-case, who's lust for Allen Ginsberg was unrequited. He says these horrible things because he is just brokenhearted.

Posted by: Tweety | Jun 19, 2008 11:52:55 AM

15. Oh, if only there was a homosexual Mafia, for just such occasions as these.

Posted by: David D. | Jun 19, 2008 11:53:00 AM

16. Here's a small sample of Savage's "free speech":

Savage on same-sex marriage vote: "[G]ay mafia bought the votes ... like cheap tricks in a gay bathhouse"

Savage called transgender murder victim a "psychopath" and a "freak"

Savage on gay marriage, parenting: "It makes me want to puke. ... I think it's child abuse"

Savage on the link between "the homosexualization of the media" and our descent "to a level below that of the apes"

Nationally syndicated Savage to listeners: "The radical homosexual agenda ... threaten[s] your very survival"

Michael Savage: "radical homosexuals" and "radical Islamists" are "one and the same"; FOX is the "best we have"

Savage: "When you hear 'human rights,' think gays. ... [T]hink only one thing: someone who wants to rape your son"

Savage: Lesbians are "jealous that they don't have an AIDS epidemic that they can cash in on"

Savage: Gay-rights activists are "fighting for perversion"

Savage: same-sex marriage "repugnant," "sickening," "disgusting"

Posted by: John in Manhattan | Jun 19, 2008 12:03:24 PM

17. This guy is nothing more than a bafoon. Basically, he's a right-wing shock jock who has to resort to things like this to get anyone to listen because he has nothing to say otherwise. His entire show is screaming, ranting, and a bunch of other nonsense. He sceams about the "gay mafia", he rants about the Republican "whores" like Bush and Kay Bailey Hutchenson, and spouts nonsense about the Democrats and Muslims. Seriously--that's his entire show. I've never gotten upset over anything he says because I know it's all a sad, sad front.

Posted by: Chas | Jun 19, 2008 12:09:40 PM

18. *Buffoon

I mispelled a word. In the "Savage Nation" that would make me a child rapist and a terrorist. I'm so un-American.

Posted by: Chas | Jun 19, 2008 12:12:15 PM

19. Not only is he a flaming closet case, but so are all his "fans".

Posted by: anon | Jun 19, 2008 12:23:18 PM

20. Okay! God told us this was wrong. Now explain some other laws that God told us to follow.
    Lev.1:9..When I burn a bull I know the odor is pleaseing to the Lord. Problem: my neighbors think it is offenseive. Should I smite them?
    Exodus 2:17..I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, but in this day and age, what is a fair price?
    Lev. 15:19-24..I know that I am allowed NO contact with a woman during her menstral cycle but how do I tell? Should I offend every woman by asking?
    Lev. 25:44..states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from a neighboring country. My friend says this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify?
    Exodus 35:2..I have a friebd that works on the Sabbath. Should he be put to death?
    Lev. 21:20..states that I may not approach the alter of God with a defect in me sight. I wear glasses...do I really need 20/20 vision or is there some wiggle room here?
    Lev. 11:6-8..touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but can I still play football if I wear gloves?Why do we invoke the Lord when it fits our ways and means,but ignore Him on the other laws.
    Jesus says He came Not to change the lkaw but to add to it. "Love one another as I have Loved you."

Posted by: Michael DeSelms | Jun 19, 2008 12:24:28 PM

21. Michael Savage's real name is MIchael Weiner. His son, Russell Weiner, is the CEO and owner of Rockstar Energy Drink. Though it can't be proven, it looks as though Daddy, who has a Ph.D. in Nutritional Ethnobiology and has written several antioxidant cookbooks, set him up in the business. Do NOT drink Rockstar Energy Drink!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 19, 2008 12:26:09 PM

22. Ah, THAT's whose son is tied in with Rockstar! I knew some asshole's spawn was involved with the company but I couldn't remember who. Thanks PETEY!

Monster and Red Bull are far superior anyway.

Posted by: Chas | Jun 19, 2008 12:44:33 PM

23. His only talent is attacking us...Silly old uneducated fool...

Posted by: bosie | Jun 19, 2008 1:42:46 PM

24. His only talent is attacking us...Silly old uneducated fool...

Posted by: bosie | Jun 19, 2008 1:43:29 PM

25. His show is really interesting. He talks about his life in San Francisco, his poodle, his love of flowers and gardening...then he rails against gays...seriously.

One of his big sponsers is DirectBuy which is a trip unto itself. You should check out people's experiences with them online.

Posted by: paul | Jun 19, 2008 1:49:20 PM