Michael Savage: Homosexual Mafia is Raping Children’s Minds

Talk Radio Network’s Michael Savage has unleashed some particularly disgusting anti-gay nonsense on his show this week.

Savage_2“I had to explain to my young son why these two men were holding hands the other day,” said one caller on the June 16th broadcast of anti-gay radio show host Michael Savage’s radio show.

Savage responded:

“You’ve got to explain to the children … why God told people this was wrong. You have to explain this to them in this time of mental rape that’s going on. The children’s minds are being raped by the homosexual mafia, that’s my position. They’re raping our children’s minds.”

Media Matters reports that earlier that day another caller had called in to discuss same-sex marriage.

Said Savage: “It’s not a joke when you pervert an institution like marriage, which is in trouble enough. It’s not a joke. Our children are being destroyed by this. It’s a very important story. The children don’t know what to make of it. Children nine, 10 are saying, ‘I’m gay.’ They don’t know what it even means. It’s a giant propaganda machine trying to pervert children.”

Audio at Media Matters.

Previously
Savage, Limbaugh, Imus, Coulter: The Week in Hate Speech [tr]

Comments

1. JJ says

How about telling your kids that the two men holding hands love each other, you ignorant f’ing douchebag.

2. says

If he has children, we can count on them growing into narrow-minded hate-filled ignorant a-holes like their father. Or, more hopefully, gay, since many of the haters seem to raise gay children, oddly enough.

3. says

As should be well-known, back in the day Savage Weiner crawled into a hot tub with Allen Ginsberg in the hope that Allen would give him a blow-job. Allen (far more tasteful than has been generally acknowledged) declined. Savage Weiner never got over it.

4. banjiboi says

The fact that Sav-ass has to go to such lengths to express his repulsion for gays suggests to me that he’s struggling with some serious latent homo issues.

Only his rentboy knows for sure.

5. John in Manhattan says

Michael Weiner (his real name) makes his living with anti-gay hate speech and he’s enormously popular for it. The Huffington Post reported back in January that his program was losing advertisers, yet he soldiers on. If you’ve got the stomach for it, here’s the Worst-of-Weiner from Media Matters:

“According to an account in the New York Times, Savage broadcasts his show out of three “virtual safe houses” – whose location he will not reveal – and “is licensed to carry a pistol and does so,” out of fears for his life. His program reaches an estimated EIGHT MILLION listeners a week on nearly 400 stations.”

God bless America!

6. Rad says

I knew from around age 5 that I liked boys more than girls, I just did not know what that meant. My Mom did (my father stayed in denial). She died when I was barely a teen.

My father would have made Archie Bunker appear Liberal, but you know, I never succumbed to his “values”, and as a matter of fact, as we both matured, he rose above a lot of the blue-collar bigotry and homophobia that was my household as a child.

I do not have satellite radio (nor will I ever), and other than through here, I have no idea who this Savage moron is. All I know is that anyone can go on [cable or satellite] and be a mouthpiece for some batch of wing-nuts, and that batch of wing-nuts will pay to hear it.

That does not mean anyone else does or should, and I loathe any mainstream organization that would bother to give this crap and craphead air time.

7. says

a license to carry a gun, a license to go on the airwaves, and a license to reproduce… 3 licenses too many.

8. noah says

McCain supporters, listen to Savage and hear the voice of the Rightwing loons who will expect McCain to follow their lead. Savage is not part of the Republican fringe, Limbaugh, Coulter, Medved, and the rest all share the same anti-gay beliefs. Some are simply more polite in their bigotry but all want the same thing.

9. Mike says

I have mixed feelings about this… it is America and we do have the right to free speech, so he can rant all he wants. I have never heard his show, and have no desire to listen to him. I am now just a bit curious as to who would sponsor his show? Does anybody know? Also, who would admit to listening to such tripe? It’s good to call him out and let people know what a moron he, his listeners, and sponsors are…but the flip side of that is he is just getting free advertising – and much more attention than he deserves. As I said about the wingnuts who oppose same sex marriage… I just can’t comprehend how someone can buy into such hateful things… it is very very sad – and I actually feel sorry for them, to go through life with such hate… and for what? What constructive purpose does it serve, whose life is better because of it? I think it is the politics of distraction… keep the masses from thinking about things that really matter… like the blatant manipulation of oil prices.

10. Wes says

I also knew I was gay by the age of 5, although I had no idea what gay was.

When I admitted it to myself was much later, however. But I got crushes on boys at 5, for sure.

11. Wes says

Might I also add that ironically it was people like Savage who induced suicidal thoughts in my mind at that age.

The “protect the children” crusaders are really only out to use children for their cause, and could care less about protecting kids who actually happen to be gay. They are the ones hurting them.

12. John in Manhattan says

Here’s a small sample of Savage’s “free speech”:

Savage on same-sex marriage vote: “[G]ay mafia bought the votes … like cheap tricks in a gay bathhouse”

Savage called transgender murder victim a “psychopath” and a “freak”

Savage on gay marriage, parenting: “It makes me want to puke. … I think it’s child abuse”

Savage on the link between “the homosexualization of the media” and our descent “to a level below that of the apes”

Nationally syndicated Savage to listeners: “The radical homosexual agenda … threaten[s] your very survival”

Michael Savage: “radical homosexuals” and “radical Islamists” are “one and the same”; FOX is the “best we have”

Savage: “When you hear ‘human rights,’ think gays. … [T]hink only one thing: someone who wants to rape your son”

Savage: Lesbians are “jealous that they don’t have an AIDS epidemic that they can cash in on”

Savage: Gay-rights activists are “fighting for perversion”

Savage: same-sex marriage “repugnant,” “sickening,” “disgusting”

13. Chas says

This guy is nothing more than a bafoon. Basically, he’s a right-wing shock jock who has to resort to things like this to get anyone to listen because he has nothing to say otherwise. His entire show is screaming, ranting, and a bunch of other nonsense. He sceams about the “gay mafia”, he rants about the Republican “whores” like Bush and Kay Bailey Hutchenson, and spouts nonsense about the Democrats and Muslims. Seriously–that’s his entire show. I’ve never gotten upset over anything he says because I know it’s all a sad, sad front.

14. Chas says

*Buffoon

I mispelled a word. In the “Savage Nation” that would make me a child rapist and a terrorist. I’m so un-American.

15. Michael DeSelms says

Okay! God told us this was wrong. Now explain some other laws that God told us to follow.
    Lev.1:9..When I burn a bull I know the odor is pleaseing to the Lord. Problem: my neighbors think it is offenseive. Should I smite them?
    Exodus 2:17..I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, but in this day and age, what is a fair price?
    Lev. 15:19-24..I know that I am allowed NO contact with a woman during her menstral cycle but how do I tell? Should I offend every woman by asking?
    Lev. 25:44..states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from a neighboring country. My friend says this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify?
    Exodus 35:2..I have a friebd that works on the Sabbath. Should he be put to death?
    Lev. 21:20..states that I may not approach the alter of God with a defect in me sight. I wear glasses…do I really need 20/20 vision or is there some wiggle room here?
    Lev. 11:6-8..touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but can I still play football if I wear gloves?Why do we invoke the Lord when it fits our ways and means,but ignore Him on the other laws.
    Jesus says He came Not to change the lkaw but to add to it. “Love one another as I have Loved you.”

16. peterparker says

Michael Savage’s real name is MIchael Weiner. His son, Russell Weiner, is the CEO and owner of Rockstar Energy Drink. Though it can’t be proven, it looks as though Daddy, who has a Ph.D. in Nutritional Ethnobiology and has written several antioxidant cookbooks, set him up in the business. Do NOT drink Rockstar Energy Drink!!!!!!!!!

17. Chas says

Ah, THAT’s whose son is tied in with Rockstar! I knew some asshole’s spawn was involved with the company but I couldn’t remember who. Thanks PETEY!

Monster and Red Bull are far superior anyway.

18. paul says

His show is really interesting. He talks about his life in San Francisco, his poodle, his love of flowers and gardening…then he rails against gays…seriously.

One of his big sponsers is DirectBuy which is a trip unto itself. You should check out people’s experiences with them online.

19. gaywest says

Does Mr Savage warn his children about the illegal war in Iraq, the evils of drugs, the downsides of not staying in school, the rising divorce rate that is truly ruining America’s families, the fact that corporate America is selling America out while moving everything they have of value to China, the declining American dollar and our ridicules dependence on oil?

I guess not. Two men holding hands trumps all the “minor” things happening in America today.

20. Jason says

I actually will listen to him every now and then to see what he might say. When he is confronted on the phone by someone who says their gay and is calm, generally he will say your not what I am talking about. I think the whole thing is staged. It makes him alot of money so he sticks to his schtick(sp). Regardless, I think the guy is nuts; just the way he talks about his dog is nuts. I might talk to my dog but I certainly not going to tell anyone I know that I have conversations. I really don’t think he is worth the bits and bytes it took to post this.

Now a guy that stages is crazy sh** who is funny as hell is Phil Hendry.

21. John in Manhattan says

JASON,

Savage is nationally syndicated on 400 stations with 8 million weekly listeners yet you “really don’t think he is worth the bits and bytes it took to post this.” Get real. Your spin on how Savage tolerates “someone who says their gay and is calm” is laughable and to categorize his hate speech as “schtick” is offensive. Wake up and smell the lavender.

22. megamike says

I always found it interesting that there are those in the heterosexual community that believe that “exposing ” children to men holding hands or god forbid kisssing is going to influnence them into be gay….it simply is not logical…. for the simple reason that with all the heterosexual images 24hr a day 365 days a year that we are all bombarded with…by their logic there should be no homosexuals at all

23. CK says

Sad, pathetic, miserable sack of shit. The biggest tragedy is that he actually has so many vacuous, stupid followers.

24. don says

Disease and death await you. From the grave you’ll suddenly realize your lifestyle was deranged and devoid of anything meaningful.
    Have Fun!!

25. says

I don’t really know who this Mr Savage is, being a limey, but homosexuality should be kept from children. It is child abuse to subject them to such depraved and disgusting things at an early age.

And whoever said they were “gay since they were five”. Homosexuality is not a fixed trait, so man up.