GLAAD | News

Conan O'Brien on NBC's Failing Gay Grade from GLAAD

Conan

With regard to our post below on GLAAD's Network Responsibility Index, here's Conan O'Brien discussing NBC's gay televised offerings, AFTER THE JUMP...

Boy that was unpredictable.

Comments

1. Screw GLAAD & HRC, I can't never see myself on them...they don't represent us....they represent what the str8s want to see of us...not the real LGBT.

Trust me when i say this...my friends and I don't stand by these organizations that exclude some of us...no i'm not a tranny nor a bear (I heart BEARS yum)

Posted by: Bosie | Jul 15, 2008 1:01:58 PM

2. I thought it was pretty funny. And I have to admit, American Gladiators DOES get my heart racing..SOO HOT!

Posted by: Osman | Jul 15, 2008 1:10:11 PM

3. Thank you for taking the plethora of videos off the front page. Towleroad no longer crashes my browser when I load fifty pages at once.

Thank you!

Posted by: chandler in lasvegas | Jul 15, 2008 1:17:04 PM

4. Calm down Bosie geez.

While I don't agree full force with HRC and GLAAD I am certainly glad they're around.

Who else will defend you while you're out misspelling, not being a "tranny," and lusting after bears?

Posted by: Daniel | Jul 15, 2008 1:20:01 PM

5. I'll defend you, Bosie!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jul 15, 2008 1:27:17 PM

6. I've got your back Ehrenstein. (See ya at DL.)

Posted by: chandler in lasvegas | Jul 15, 2008 1:50:26 PM

7. The joke was against the show (ha, ha), but Conan is part of the problem at NBC. This is like the one thing GLAAD does right.

Posted by: anon | Jul 15, 2008 2:07:49 PM

8. BOSIE,

Don't get me started on bears - woof!

Posted by: banjiboi | Jul 15, 2008 2:20:17 PM

9. For years, I was wondering where GLAAD stood Conan's on show. He does make a lot of gay jokes. A lot!

However, he's such a self-deprecating host that it never comes across as mean-spirited. He's usually making fun of himself or something related to himself.

Oh, and Rocket from American Gladiators: HOT!

Posted by: damien | Jul 15, 2008 3:28:44 PM

10. @ANON:

Conan is part of the problem at NBC? I beg to differ - he's one of the few things that they're doing right. I only wish he was getting Leno's place sooner!

Posted by: Dignan | Jul 15, 2008 3:40:24 PM

11. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!! I never realized Conan was such a scream!

Posted by: bobbo | Jul 15, 2008 5:54:36 PM

12. Beefcake is NOT gay. The definition of gay man is someone who is romantically and sexually attracted to another man. Where are NBC's depictions re this?

Using beefcake to suggest gay-friendliness is the typical response of straight guys who can't stand the sight of two men kissing. Get lost, Conan.

Posted by: jason | Jul 15, 2008 7:52:49 PM

13. Something's telling me that Jason had his sense of humor removed.

Posted by: Jack | Jul 15, 2008 11:25:18 PM