Crime | Josh Brolin | Louisiana | News

BigGayDeal.com

George W. Bush and Colin Powell Actors Arrested in Bar Fight

Brolin

Actors Josh Brolin and Jeffrey Wright, in Shreveport, Louisiana to play George W. Bush and Colin Powell in Oliver Stone's W, were arrested in a bar fight in downtown Shreveport over the weekend:

"According to Shreveport Police patrol report, officers were called to the Stray Cat bar in the 200 block of Travis Street just after 2 a.m. to deal with a rowdy patron. As more officers arrived, several other patrons at the bar, including Brolin and fellow actor Jeffrey Wright, 42, tried to impede the officers, the report said. In all, the report named 10 officers called to the ruckus. Brolin, Wright and four other people were charged with interfering with police, a misdemeanor. Brolin was booked into the city jail, and posted $334 cash bond to be released."

Brolin also plays Harvey Milk assassin Dan White in Gus van Sant's upcoming biopic Milk.

Mugshots of the other arrestees, including Wright, AFTER THE JUMP...

Mugshots

Comments

1. Did Babs Brolin show up at the station to bail her naughty stepson out?

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jul 14, 2008 10:09:37 AM

2. Shreveport and New Orleans are two completely different places that just happen to share a state.

I have a feeling that this movie is going to completely suck. Oliver Stone stopped being relevant and making good movies some time ago and I don't think this will mark a comeback.

Posted by: Charles | Jul 14, 2008 10:18:17 AM

3. Shreveport and New Orleans are two completely different places that just happen to share a state.

Posted by: Charles | Jul 14, 2008 10:18:48 AM

4. Shreveport and New Orleans are two completely different places that just happen to share a state.

Posted by: Charles | Jul 14, 2008 10:18:53 AM

5. Jeffrey Wright is such a brilliant actor (stage & screen). I can't believe he isn't gay, but he aint....I guess. Well, he could be if he tried.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 14, 2008 10:24:54 AM

6. Sounds like someone's channeling the characters they're playing too well.

Posted by: Philip Wester | Jul 14, 2008 10:31:17 AM

7. They weren't in New Orleans filming; they have been in Shreveport. The two cities are about six hours apart. To my knowledge, they have not been filming in New Orleans.

Posted by: Kirk Fontenot | Jul 14, 2008 10:39:12 AM

8. Sorry guys - the Shreveport/New Orleans typo was a case of my brain thinking one thing and my hands typing another. Apologies.

Posted by: andy | Jul 14, 2008 11:06:52 AM

9. I know it's not a big deal, but it's annoying to hear your entire state reduced to one city over and over again by the media.

Posted by: Kirk Fontenot | Jul 14, 2008 10:39:12 AM
    ---------------
    Just think how the poor people in my state feel Kirk.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jul 14, 2008 6:32:57 PM

10. Rumor has it. Brolin pulled the old "don't you know who I am" gag. The officers weren't impressed and hauled his ass to the jail.

Posted by: John Burch | Feb 21, 2011 11:49:36 PM