Dogs | George W. Bush | News | Pets

BigGayDeal.com

Call Cesar Millan, Bush's Dog Barney Bit a Reporter

Barney1

Seems President Bush's Scottish terrier Barney is not happy that the Republicans didn't win the White House this time around. He bit reporter Jon Decker. Time to call the dog whisperer, AFTER THE JUMP...

Barney2

(via americablog)

Comments

1. I have 2 Scottish Terriers and they're both Democrats.

Posted by: JJ | Nov 7, 2008 9:20:52 AM

2. Well that is what happens when you extend your hand palm up towards any animal, The correct way in greeting a Dog especially a small one is hand closed palm down. Guy was an idiot and so is the Dogs owner.

Posted by: Joe | Nov 7, 2008 9:26:32 AM

3. Well that is what happens when you extend your hand palm up towards any animal, The correct way in greeting a Dog especially a small one is hand closed palm down. Guy was an idiot and so is the Dogs owner.

Posted by: Joe | Nov 7, 2008 9:27:01 AM

4. Did he ASK to touch the dog? This basic courtesy is for the benefit of the human holding the leash as well as the dog. Next time, he should consider keeping his hands to himself. I voted for Obama, and I know how I would react if some sound bite crazed reporter lunged at me.

Posted by: Richard | Nov 7, 2008 9:49:26 AM

5. Jesus Christ, Joe and Richard, you guys know EVERYTHING. You're RIGHT, he's an ASS HOLE for getting bitten by a dog.

You know-it-all queens are so tired and boring, stop acting like everyone else is such an idiot.

Posted by: Eric | Nov 7, 2008 11:15:20 AM

6. wow eric, bitter much? they didn't call him an asshole, merely pointed out what some people were thinking, including me. what ever happened to common courtesy in this world? you don't just run up and pet some dog. dumbass. plus the fact is he even says his mother has scottish terriers. he's a fool.

Posted by: anon | Nov 7, 2008 11:54:01 AM

7. Joe and Richard are right. I grew up in a dog pack and there has never been a time in my life when I've not been owned by a dog. I would never greet a dog the way the reporter did. When meeting an unfamiliar dog, let the dog take the lead. (The reporter seems a good sport about it, and certainly has a story to tell. I got to see the Reagan's dog, "Lucky", but getting bit by him would be a better tale to tell.)

Having said that, whoever had Barney's lead should have noted that Barney was not into greeting that day.

Posted by: KJ | Nov 7, 2008 12:41:23 PM