Gay Slurs | Los Angeles | Mickey Rourke | News

BigGayDeal.com

Mickey Rourke Threatens to Break 'Faggot' Writer's Legs

Rourke

Actor Mickey Rourke makes a threat to an unidentified writer as he enters Hyde nightclub in L.A. on Sunday night. When a paparazzo asks him about a rumored relationship with actress Evan Rachel Wood, Rourke responds:

"She's a good friend, that's it. And tell that faggot who wrote all that shit in the paper I'd like to break his fucking legs."

If you'll remember, in an interview in October 2006, Rourke clarified his use of the word "Fag" : "Look, I’m not afraid to say the word fag. I’m not gonna walk on glass because maybe some dude is gonna be offended if I say the word fag. I’ve got plenty of gay friends. We toss the word around. If I wanna say fag, I’m gonna fuckin’ say it. And if somebody has a problem with that, they can kiss my fuckin’ ass!"

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Perez Hilton thinks he may be the target of Rourke's homophobic wrath.

Comments

1. Will someone please ask him (GLAAD NAACP) if he has a problem using any other derogatory words as freely?
    Sure as hell he is not going around Hollywood using the word "kike".

Posted by: MCnNYC | Nov 10, 2008 11:23:17 AM

2. Sounds like a classy guy.

Posted by: Ryan | Nov 10, 2008 11:23:22 AM

3. People like Mickey Rourke's ought to know better. After the bigotry that he and his people went through, and now to turn around and practice bigotry, and use slurs against another persecuted group. Rourke OUGHT TO KNOW BETTER! What is he, anyway?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 10, 2008 11:50:50 AM

4. ewwwe.... kiss HIS ass? Ugh... think of the warts you would get on your lips! Bleurgh!

Posted by: CK | Nov 10, 2008 11:54:50 AM

5. I don't think he's particularly discriminatory towards gay people. He tosses out rude words for everyone, and he spreads the love evenly.

He is actually very nice. He led a one-man protest against a pet store because they bought dogs from a puppy mill, and he thought it was wrong. So he literally marched around outside and yelled at people to not buy dogs there. It was pretty cool.

And the statement about having gay friends...he does, if that makes any difference. I've been to his (former) place in Miami Beach a few times, and he was very generous with his beer, and was also very nice with his very gay friends. Sometimes people say things and don't mean much by it.

Posted by: Dan Renzi | Nov 10, 2008 12:28:53 PM

6. Wow, this guy is a real winner. I've never even heard of his sorry ass and I'll be glad to go back to not knowing who the hell he is. What a sorry excuse for a person.

Posted by: KFLO | Nov 10, 2008 12:40:22 PM

7. Dan,

It's not a question of whether he's a nice guy and likes gay people. The guy is still an ass for using the word "fag" capriciously because of his ego and laziness.

Posted by: noah | Nov 10, 2008 12:45:46 PM

8. Nice guy? And if a paparazzo responded by calling him a "mick" or a "sheeny" I wonder what would happen. Agreed, Noah, and ego and laziness may be why he doesn't work all that often these days.

Posted by: Dave in Northridge | Nov 10, 2008 1:02:16 PM

9. Poor soul. He is reduced to one or two syllable grunts now that the skin on his face is stretched so tight he can't get his lips to move.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Nov 10, 2008 1:11:21 PM

10. I like the fact that Mickey doesn't pussyfoot around. He says what he says and be danmed if your polically right boxer briefs get tied up in a knot. The fact is that yes it may be offensive to some, and derogatory but we all can't censor ourselves all the time. And as my best friend who is 65 likes to tell me, "After being around the block for 65 years I can say whatever the hell I want" and he usually does. And if you don't think fags are the first to through slurs around about aothers and act like bigot asses like the rest just because their gay and should better, you should wake up and know better- 27% of faggots and dykes openly admitted to voting McCan't and Ms. Moose. Take that as a sign...

Posted by: SugaBear | Nov 10, 2008 1:23:11 PM

11. Wow, sugabear. I can't hardly wait for your self-hating review of the post about the Canadian lesbian couple attacked in front of their children at school.

That guy didn't pussyfoot around either. He used the word "dyke" quite freely during the beatings.

The reaction to the assault? Just another case of "polically right boxer briefs get tied up in a knot" as well?

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Nov 10, 2008 2:02:43 PM

12. Mickey who?

Posted by: kyoung | Nov 10, 2008 2:22:27 PM

13. Sheesh SUGABEAR, is that how you greet clients at Casey House? "Welcome faggot!" I wonder what CEO, Stephanie Karapita, has to say about that.

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Nov 10, 2008 2:22:45 PM

14. Is SUGABEAR, who uses charris@caseyhouse.on.ca as his email address on Towleroad, Colin Harris, Development Coordinator at Casey House Foundation?

"Providing exemplary treatment, support and palliative care for people affected by HIV/AIDS."

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Nov 10, 2008 2:31:01 PM

15. Oh, and I forgot to say about your 65 year old friend - you would think after 65 years "around the block" he would be quite tired of being called a faggot - pretty much like the rest of us are after only just a few decades....

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Nov 10, 2008 2:32:08 PM

16. WoW...Dan Renzi! So like a kiss-ass, self-hating publicist to come to the defense of a jackass who throws in dangerous words like that in conversation.

Posted by: Ray | Nov 10, 2008 2:32:10 PM

17. In regards to the comments I posted earlier on the Mickey Rouke subject, these are my own opinions and do not represent the opinions of Casey House. My comments are in no way associated with Casey House. I offer my sincere regrets that I what I posted has reflected negatively on Casey House.

Posted by: SugaBear | Nov 10, 2008 6:26:53 PM

18. Oh sugah, you and the Mormons in the same canoe back paddling...NO, the comments reflect negatively on YOU - it just boggles the mind that someone who is affiliated with Casey House *in a leadership role* would have such beliefs.

It further boggles the mind that donations from the LGBT community and their friends and family pay your salary.

When you cash that paycheck and you pay your rent this month, please, thank a fag or a dyke or a tranny and save your apology for FOX News.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Nov 10, 2008 7:02:40 PM

19. You know what, leave the kid alone. You know what he apologized. What do you want his and have him boiled in oil and his head on a silver platter. And you what, I sure he has taken the heat if not lost his job over some off the cuff comment.

Posted by: Grrrr | Nov 10, 2008 9:03:17 PM

20. As the loving & James-Joycian conflicted son of a pure bred, good hearted, long suffering Irish mother, I'd have to agree with the lace curtain maidens of Donegal that Mr. Michael O'Rourke is a drunken, slovenly & uneducated detriment to the Irish race. And furthermore, the argument of Anglos worldwide that Paddy Wagons are appropriately named is largely supported each & every time this derelict breathes air over his vocal chords! I can not for the sake of me shake the quote from "The Producers" about actors when I here his vocal fingernails scrape their lazy way across the chalkboard of civil discourse: "Actors are human? Have you ever eaten with one?" (Or words to that effect.) Shut your damned pie-hole, Mickey, so that millions of people in this mostly non-Irish world give the reat of us progeny from the Emerald Isle the deference we deserve!

Posted by: RomanFingers | Nov 10, 2008 11:41:34 PM

21. this from a p.o.s. that consistently looks like shit, and, by all accounts, smells like shit.

SUGABEAR, go fuck yourself.

Posted by: nic | Nov 11, 2008 6:54:40 AM

22. @ROMANFINGERS,

"when I here (sic) his vocal fingernails scrape their lazy way across the chalkboard of civil discourse..."

now, that is a well-turned phrase. props to you, my friend. it reminds me of,

"I should have been a pair of rugged claws
    scuttling across the floors of silent seas."
    (from "the love song of j. alfred prufrock" by t.s. eliot).

Posted by: nic | Nov 11, 2008 7:36:16 AM

23. Quite interesting the folks in our community who did not get the memo that hate speech is no longer free speech.

Why should we be angry when when others attack us when we can't even stand up against it in our own community?

Guess what? There's a line in the sand now. This far. No further. You don't get a pass anymore. No more Mr. Nice Gay.

Posted by: Beefandfur@rescueteam.com | Nov 11, 2008 11:38:54 AM

24. Thank you, NIC, for being a compassionate as well as complimentary editor, and with such grand deference at that! Luckily for me, my Catholic education was not the thorough trauma it seemed to be for many hapless kids. Early on exposure to that "almost-Catholic Anglican" T. S. Eliot must have made a favorably lasting impression that was somehow antidotal the propagandistic poison with which my lessons were laced. Really, thanks!

Posted by: RomanFingers | Nov 11, 2008 9:46:58 PM

25. Mickey was referring to gay blogger Perez Hilton. This is exactly what was posted on perezhilton.com,

"Rachel Whore is probably already f**king Mickey Rourke - and his mom - as we speak!"

Perez is talking about the breakup of Evan Rachel Wood and M Manson. Perez also posted,

"Evan may be a homewrecker and a whore, but she's not totally dumb!

What does she see in f**king Mickey Rourke?????

Same thing she probably saw in Manson!"

Mickey apologized for his remark; Perez is still spewing hateful twisted crap.

Perez never mentions Mickey's latest film won the Golden Lion, that Mickey is likely to be nominated for Best Actor, or that Mickey will be honored with the American Riviera Award at the 24th annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival.

Evan Rachel Wood is Mickey's daughter in his latest film.

Posted by: Loki | Nov 26, 2008 10:40:47 PM