Betty Bowers | Evangelical Christians | Gay Marriage | News

America's Best Christian Betty Bowers on Bible-Based Marriage

Bowers

Self-proclaimed America's Best Christian Betty Bowers (aka comedienne Deven Green) explains the Lord's concept of marriage to less-informed Christians.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via sfist and the sword nsfw)

Comments

1. lol

Posted by: KFLO | Jun 3, 2009 10:39:09 AM

2. terrific.

Posted by: nic | Jun 3, 2009 10:43:19 AM

3. LOOOVE me some Betty B!

Posted by: banshiii | Jun 3, 2009 10:53:16 AM

4. ROFLMAO

Posted by: Derek | Jun 3, 2009 10:55:17 AM

5. The Bible is so kooky. Fortunately for religious leaders, it is rarely read by Christians.

Posted by: Wes | Jun 3, 2009 10:57:20 AM

6. I LOVE IT!!!!

Posted by: Rad | Jun 3, 2009 10:58:51 AM

7. Brilliant! Sharing it with my peeps on myspace quickly!

Posted by: Brad | Jun 3, 2009 11:06:48 AM

8. BETTY BOWERS 2012!

YES SHE CAN!!!!

Posted by: Leland Frances | Jun 3, 2009 11:36:05 AM

9. Ya gotta love Betty Bowers.

I mean it. Ya gotta love Betty Bowers, otheriwse god torture you for eternity, he's picky about these things.

Posted by: adamblast | Jun 3, 2009 11:36:27 AM

10. Sheer brilliance! Also sharing it with my peeps immediately!

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jun 3, 2009 11:46:57 AM

11. Yeah, she makes the beliefs of the Fundies look fecal. Although, I did have problems with the physical depiction of the cartoon rapist...but maybe that goes along with the mentality of the character Miss Deven is spoofing.

Oh, well, Justice Sotomayer will take care of such stereotypes. Adios.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 3, 2009 12:07:26 PM

12. ROFLMAO

Posted by: jimmyboyooyo | Jun 3, 2009 12:25:55 PM

13. funny. but betty forgot to include lesbians at the end. otherwise, pretty well covered.

Posted by: dean morris | Jun 3, 2009 12:54:00 PM

14. Deven Green is a goddess.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jun 3, 2009 12:54:34 PM

15. @DERRICK F.P.,

looking "FECAL"... too rich! that's why you're my bud. as to miss sotomayor, yeah she's got all the credentials; just like obama and clinton, she came from a fatherless home to achieve much. i am not surprised that barrack would pick her. that makes me think that she will be a reliable liberal voice on the bench.

like you, i get the lezzie vibe from her. that is a good thing. however, as a queer man, i have to say that she needs some desperate help with her make-up and hair. and those eyebrows, OMG!....

Posted by: nic | Jun 3, 2009 12:57:59 PM

16. I think Betty's absolutely brilliant. Just to clarify though (and I'm a little unsure of who's in charge over there), the actress portraying Betty is not the same person who writes for Betty.

Posted by: David | Jun 3, 2009 1:03:43 PM

17. The person who created Betty and writes it is a gay man who lives in Atlanta. I've known him for many years, and I wish I was half as clever as he is.

So close to God, He validates my parking.

Posted by: crispy | Jun 3, 2009 1:24:33 PM

18. one of my exes lives in atlanta. (i've only had two -- i am not a slut) and just like my mom and my big sister, he is in the line of succession to gawd.

crispy, you always make me smile. if your friend is twice as funny as you, he would give me a bloody mee-grain. and, no, i am not english. i just love the curious way they speak 'mercun.

Posted by: nic | Jun 3, 2009 3:54:49 PM

19. So true....loved it!!!

Posted by: RB | Jun 3, 2009 4:40:02 PM

20. Absolutely fantastic. It's worthy of going viral.

Posted by: equal is equal | Jun 3, 2009 8:07:55 PM

21. Very funny, but...

...No mention of Jonathan and David, or Naomi and Ruth?

Posted by: Wheezy | Jun 3, 2009 9:16:04 PM

22. Deven has been the face of Betty Bowers for the past few years. I would venture the true Betty, however, is Paul Bradley who wrote the first book "What Would Betty Do? How to Succeed at the Expense of Others in This World--and the Next." She's been around for about 10 years though.

Posted by: Todd R | Jun 3, 2009 10:58:25 PM

23. I think the guy who writes for BB posts to another forum I read, Skyscraperpage.com in the Atlanta section. He's HILARIOUS!

Posted by: Nick | Jun 4, 2009 12:26:46 AM

24. B R I L L I A N T. These old documents, written thousands of years ago, are really showing their age. The more we know about the origin of the earth, and science, and comparative religions, the more we learn the Quran and the bible are laughable, provincial horse shit. Were these really the brightest minds of the time? Or the only minds who had time.

Posted by: Francis McButterpants | Jun 4, 2009 3:48:25 AM